Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Some motivation for the cowboys game

CR91

16 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

So how does reich use this as motivation 4 years later?

So Ill do my best Reich voice cough cough

"Men, we need to be 1-0 after this week and in your way is arguably the best team in football and how did this team do the last time we faced the cowboys? 

Silent anger by Luck

"Yea thats right. You got killed by Tony Romo. Tony flipping Romo. 

Something along those lines. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

"Men, we need to be 1-0 after this week and in your way is arguably the best team in football and how did this team do the last time we faced the cowboys? 

Silent anger by Luck

Luck’s face in this scenario

tenor.gif

They must pay.

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Most of the time when he does that the refs throw the yellow at him. They just assume he is holding.

Sad state of the NFL. Nothing worse than seeing a clean block that flattens a DLineman called back. It’s like watching a sack get negated by physics. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Silent anger by Luck

Tony flipping Romo was a great QB.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

Silent anger by Luck

Does anyone seriously consider the cowboys the best team in football? I live in Dallas and even around here I don't think I've ever heard a fan or radio host claim this. Not once.

1 hour ago, DrLuck said:

Does anyone seriously consider the cowboys the best team in football? I live in Dallas and even around here I don't think I've ever heard a fan or radio host claim this. Not once.

I live near Rockwall, and it depends. Sometimes 105.3 acts like they are unstoppable, other times it seems like they believe they are horrendous.

That said, its nice to have another Colts fan close by. Perhaps a beer is in order!

1 hour ago, Pilgrim said:

I live near Rockwall, and it depends. Sometimes 105.3 acts like they are unstoppable, other times it seems like they believe they are horrendous.

That said, its nice to have another Colts fan close by. Perhaps a beer is in order!

I listen to 105.3 all the time, I actually like the hosts they are pretty entertaining.  I would kill to have a station like this with colts talk basically 24/7! But ya man we should watch a game sometime would be fun.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GwinnettColt said:

I know I'm being a Debbie-Downer (no offense to any Debbies or Downers) but the Colts usually don't play the Cowboys well.   Hopefully, Eberflus works with the offense a little this week for the purposes of passing on intel. 

I'm worried about our run game at this point. 

What happened in the past has no bearing on Sunday's game.

3 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

I'm concerned with the officiating in this game. The Cowboys seem to get a lot of breaks as far as penalties. Maybe it won't be as bad in Indy as it would be at AT&T Stadium. Hoping, anyway. 

I think that is something really silly to be concerned about.

The Colts will win or lose based on what they do on the field.

8 hours ago, GwinnettColt said:

I know I'm being a Debbie-Downer (no offense to any Debbies or Downers) but the Colts usually don't play the Cowboys well.   Hopefully, Eberflus works with the offense a little this week for the purposes of passing on intel. 

I'm worried about our run game at this point. 

For the love of all that is Holy.  The Colts lost to the Cowboys in 2010.  How in God's name does that impact this game on Sunday?

20 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Most of the time when he does that the refs throw the yellow at him. They just assume he is holding.

No they don't...... Q has 6 holding penalties all season.   1/3rd of them were against Miami, other than those 2, he doesn't have a holding penalty since week 8.....  One was declined, so in reality he only has 5 all season... =)

6 hours ago, jskinnz said:

For the love of all that is Holy.  The Colts lost to the Cowboys in 2010.  How in God's name does that impact this game on Sunday?

And 2014.   42-7.  Dallas. 

I'm pleased that religion means so much to you. 

So do the Colts usually beat or lose to the Cowboys?   They usually lose.   Will that directly affect the game on Sunday?  No, but is it fair to say that some teams don't play other teams well?  Sure.  It could be personnel, coaching, scheme, injuries, etc.   Here's another example, Indy usually plays the Broncos well but not the Chargers or the Patriots.   Can the Colts win Sunday?  Of course. 

It's football.   Lighten up, dude.

11 minutes ago, GwinnettColt said:

And 2014.   42-7.  Dallas. 

I'm pleased that religion means so much to you. 

So do the Colts usually beat or lose to the Cowboys?   They usually lose.   Will that directly affect the game on Sunday?  No, but is it fair to say that some teams don't play other teams well?  Sure.  It could be personnel, coaching, scheme, injuries, etc.   Here's another example, Indy usually plays the Broncos well but not the Chargers or the Patriots.   Can the Colts win Sunday?  Of course. 

It's football.   Lighten up, dude.

I know of the 2014 game and the others they have played against Dallas.

If there was a streak of losses in consecutive years with largely the same personnel and coaching staffs, then it would have meaning.  That obviously can't happen with AFC / NFC teams so it is just a statistical anomaly.