Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Saquon Barkley

DonnieDarko1023

I wouldn't do a 1st and a 2nd but why not Brissett and a 1st? We do have 2 2nd Round picks if I am not mistaken as well, so if we gave up a 1st for Barkley that would be like taking Barkley in the 1st and still having 2 2nd Round picks in this upcoming draft. Giants do need a QB. Barkley isn't Trent Richardson - not even close so it would not be a huge mistake and Ballard would still have plenty of draft picks to pick Defense. He would also have his young RB for the future. We will probably end up picking outside of the top 10 this year. I see us winning at least 7 games if we win today because of our schedule. Barkley is a Top 5 pick in any draft.

On a stinky team with a bad line here is Barkley's numbers through 7 games:

481 Yards Rushing

5 TD's

4.9 a carry

424 Yards receiving

49 Receptions

2 TD's

-That is real impressive. Dude already has 7 TD's and over 900 Yards of total Offense on an absolute dumpster fire of a team. If he isn't worth a 1st rounder nobody is. Imagine what kind of video game numbers he would have with Luck and our Offense??

No, with 2006colts's point taken. Is anybody watching the Rams game? For some reason (Bill Belichik plan C strategy?) the Rams are running an even simpler offense than the Giants this week instead of the spread out WRs that burned everybody in the games of theirs I've watched. They always ran Gurley on 1st down yes but they're running him out of a single back 3WR set then dumping off to him on 2nd and 3rd down. He gets 5 yards every 1st down. The game is only close because the Packers have been there on some 2nd and 3rd downs. Anyway Barkley is this good. He is just obviously on a worse team.

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wouldn't do a 1st and a 2nd but why not Brissett and a 1st? We do have 2 2nd Round picks if I am not mistaken as well, so if we gave up a 1st for Barkley that would be like taking Barkley in the 1st and still having 2 2nd Round picks in this upcoming draft. Giants do need a QB. Barkley isn't Trent Richardson - not even close so it would not be a huge mistake and Ballard would still have plenty of draft picks to pick Defense. He would also have his young RB for the future. We will probably end up picking outside of the top 10 this year. I see us winning at least 7 games if we win today because of our schedule. Barkley is a Top 5 pick in any draft.

I agree with you on packaging Brissett and a pick, I would just do Brissett and a second, not a first. NY needs a QB as is, and Brissett has been rumored to be worth around a 2nd round pick, so that's sending 2 seconds for Barkley, maybe adding in a late round pick as well. I feel like we need to keep that first, because, IMHO, contrary to what the scouts are saying, I think this draft class is more top heavy than most classes, so the first would be so much more important. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WarGhost21 said:

I agree with you on packaging Brissett and a pick, I would just do Brissett and a second, not a first. NY needs a QB as is, and Brissett has been rumored to be worth around a 2nd round pick, so that's sending 2 seconds for Barkley, maybe adding in a late round pick as well. I feel like we need to keep that first, because, IMHO, contrary to what the scouts are saying, I think this draft class is more top heavy than most classes, so the first would be so much more important. 

Yeah Brissett and a 2nd would be much better for us. I love the way Mack is playing but I just wonder if he can stay healthy. Barkley is awesome.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The only concern I have is, can Mack stay healthy. If so, I agree 100%, then heck no. I am not sure he can stay healthy. Barkley is a machine.

It's not like the guy has popped his ACL and broken his foot.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i dont understand why people hate on running backs so much

they are the only other position besides Qbs that win MVPS.  a running back is the front runner this year too

heck Barkley could win an mvp in his career too

Patrick Mahomes is a rb?

14 hours ago, aaron11 said:

i dont understand why people hate on running backs so much

they are the only other position besides Qbs that win MVPS.  a running back is the front runner this year too

heck Barkley could win an mvp in his career too

This has nothing to do with the general trend downwards in the positional value of RBs and what teams are prepared to give up.

That said anyone thinking that the Giants would take JB and a 2nd is just mad.

22 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

This has nothing to do with the general trend downwards in the positional value of RBs and what teams are prepared to give up.

That said anyone thinking that the Giants would take JB and a 2nd is just mad.

sure it does.  that nfl.com article had them about 7th, i agree with that.  i know they would not take that though, dont think they would trade him for any realistic offer at all

19 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

he had the top odds before yesterday, second now

He is still first, IMO. Without Gurley running or catching, that Rams' offense will have a problem putting up points. 

It is just me, personally not wanting to give QBs all the accolades, there is always that. :) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

You’re saying that outside of a QB the only other position likely to win a MVP is RB correct? Are you also saying this drives up the value of RBs as a whole? 

who said anything about as a whole?  a good back can be as valuable as anyone 

average backs are average, like anything else