Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Before you go all I told you so

horseshoecrabs

Hey, This was big step in the right direction to salvage our season but remember this was against a team having the same growing pains that we have. So before you put us in the playoffs this season just remember that this still doesn't yet address the running back woes. Yes Mack had one good game , and he seems to have talent but His longevity, durability, is still in question. so before you put him in the hall of fame, let's see how he does down the stretch against tougher foes. If this game was a stepping stone for our progress for the rest of the season then I will gladly say, Hey I didn't give the season enough of a chance as well as a lot of other posters. So lets hope myself as well as a lot of other posters end up eating CROW!  

Go Colts!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Hey, This was big step in the right direction to salvage our season but remember this was against a team having the same growing pains that we have. So before you put us in the playoffs this season just remember that this still doesn't yet address the running back woes. Yes Mack had one good game , and he seems to have talent but His longevity, durability, is still in question. so before you put him in the hall of fame, let's see how he does down the stretch against tougher foes. If this game was a stepping stone for our progress for the rest of the season then I will gladly say, Hey I didn't give the season enough of a chance as well as a lot of other posters. So lets hope myself as well as a lot of other posters end up eating CROW!  

Go Colts!

I think this games success is more about our OLine than it is just about Mack.  I didn't see anything different in his running style today that I hadn't seen thus far this year.

What I did see was better holes for him to run through, in my opinion.  Both sides of the OLine did well today run blocking.  On a similar note, I thought the pass blocking was the best this year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Go Colts!

You still don't get it. It isn't about our W+L record THIS Season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TKnight24 said:

Was definitely a good win, but wouldn’t put a lot of stock into beating Derek Anderson 

But then again, the Colts do make unknown people look great 

The 2011-2017 Colts teams did that too often. I'm hoping that with this regime, we are going in a different trend now! 

3 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

Was definitely a good win, but wouldn’t put a lot of stock into beating Derek Anderson 

Straight off the street. 

I said the day other in the insane thread to...just beat the Bills. They did and I'll take it.

3 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

I dont know if the Defense was bad or good today, we gave up a lot of running yards though. However the Bills have one of the Top pass-rush in the league, and we allowed 0 sacks. I don’t know how good Bills’ run defense is but they have a great defense overall and we destroyed run defense. The rest is kind of result of the 3rd string QB.

We beat the worst team in the league...calm down.

A win is a win though, but the Bills are one heck of a mess this season, so I think we need to see what this team can on the road against Oakland, before we say that we are back on track.

But yes, it was a good win and Andrew Luck is having a great season. 

20 Td´s without many weapons and 4000 drops from his receivers,  looks okay, but we are still miles away from anything that could look like a playoff spot.

And I'd rather have a better pick in the draft than come short of the playoffs.

We need a difference maker for the defence and offence.

I know the AFC South is up for grabs and we can be 1 game away if things continue to unravel for the titans and jags, but it looks like Deshaun Watson and the Texans have found their grove again. 

You can say “We only held them to 5 points because their offense is terrible” but their defense is good. Ranked 3rd going into that game.

They were giving up 15 points a game over the last 4 

some people just love negativity. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Luca_Colts said:

I dont know if the Defense was bad or good today, we gave up a lot of running yards though. However the Bills have one of the Top pass-rush in the league, and we allowed 0 sacks. I don’t know how good Bills’ run defense is but they have a great defense overall and we destroyed run defense. The rest is kind of result of the 3rd string QB.

It's on par with their overall production. they are good in every aspect, against the run, pass, 3rd down conv, yards allowed, yards per pass, rushing ypc, rushing/passing TD allowed, sacks, pressures, etc. They are (were?) top3, top5, top10 in all of these. The Ravens destroyed them in the opening week like we did yesterday, but other than those 2 games, their defense kept them in games despite lackluster offensive production. And even let them win some. And not that they only played against bad offenses. They played the Ravens, Packers, Vikings, Texans, Chargers, so some good offenses there.

Last night a number of Colts players had a great game, Luck, Mack, Phillips,  etc. But my game ball goes to the oline. They were outstanding.

1 hour ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

A win is a win though, but the Bills are one heck of a mess this season, so I think we need to see what this team can on the road against Oakland, before we say that we are back on track.

20 Td´s without many weapons and 4000 drops from his receivers,  looks okay, but we are still miles away from anything that could look like a playoff spot.

I know the AFC South is up for grabs and we can be 1 game away if things continue to unravel for the titans and jags, but it looks like Deshaun Watson and the Texans have found their grove again. 

They have the #3 ranked defense....they're definitely not the worst team

4 hours ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

I understand what you are saying, but you can't give up on the season yet.   At least wait a few more games.   

That Texans overtime loss at the end of September sure burns now.   The whole division would be 3-4 had we pulled that out.   We have a fairly easy schedule going forward.  Only 2 teams with winning records (Texans and Dolphins).     Unfortunately, the Texans schedule is almost just as easy. 

11 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Go Colts!

Wow, I'm glad you came along horseshoecrabs.  I was just getting ready to put the Colts in the playoffs and Mack in the Hall of Fame.  

I was going to enjoy the win but because of your post I see that it was a bad win and we, as Colts fans, should not be happy with the win and how they played.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Myles said:

I understand what you are saying, but you can't give up on the season yet.   At least wait a few more games.   

That Texans overtime loss at the end of September sure burns now.   The whole division would be 3-4 had we pulled that out.   We have a fairly easy schedule going forward.  Only 2 teams with winning records (Texans and Dolphins).     Unfortunately, the Texans schedule is almost just as easy. 

Agree re the Texans. Even if we win out we may not topple them. I know, I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one......

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

They have the #3 ranked defense....they're definitely not the worst team

they might have the worst offense though.  not going by stats, but by the guys that played in yesterdays game.   they had nothing once LM went out

3 minutes ago, J@son said:

who are you telling to calm down?  I don't see any outrageous posts in this thread

I agree.   While I don't think we will dominate many (if any) more games like this, lets allow people to be happy and optimistic about this well rounded butt kicking we put on the Bills.   

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

If we scored on a safety, we could have benched Luck and the starters, and have relaxed the rest of the day.

They dont have the 3rd best defence, they are only ranked 3rd because the vikings f-u    

Correct. They are now 4th. In yards per game. Spin it any way you wish. Just don't eliminate facts because it doesn't suit your stance, i.e., the Vikings game.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LockeDown said:

Veteran backup QBs are supposed to beat teams like us (rebuilding).  We played well. 

I wouldn't say any veteran backup QBs are supposed to beat us when they were signed within the past week.  lol.  But it wasn't just that we won, it was that we won by playing almost a perfect game.  That's the part that rebuilding teams like the Colts don't never do - do all things about as good as can possibly be done and win in every facet of the game doing them.

2 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I wouldn't say any veteran backup QBs are supposed to beat us when they were signed within the past week.  lol.  But it wasn't just that we won, it was that we won by playing almost a perfect game.  That's the part that rebuilding teams like the Colts don't never do - do all things about as good as can possibly be done and win in every facet of the game doing them.

Yes we are unique in that we are rebuilding with a franchise QB in his prime.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Wow, I'm glad you came along horseshoecrabs.  I was just getting ready to put the Colts in the playoffs and Mack in the Hall of Fame.  

I was going to enjoy the win but because of your post I see that it was a bad win and we, as Colts fans, should not be happy with the win and how they played.

You are 100% right on the win coffeedrinker! I am very glad regardless that it was the Bills we played that we separated ourselves from one of the worst teams. Being happy and being realistic is a big difference. as I sure you will agree with me on that, as  a man with your incite. I mean that  sincerely! I didn't mean to rain on anyone's parade, for the excellent win.  

23 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

Nice win. Nothing to get too excited over. It was Buffalo.  Glad we won though.  Need to see them string some wins together before I let my guard down.  But yesterday was a good day.