Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots predictions

Stephen

Honestly the way our team has been playing if we were healthy i would say we would have a chance..the Pats lost badly to the Jags and the Lions already this year, they are not a powerhouse anymore....

but we are currently ravaged by injures, we have a lot of starters going to be sitting this one our. So i will say 28-20 Pats.

and to everyone saying 99-0 pats and crap like that, get ahold of yourself.

22 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Honestly the way our team has been playing if we were healthy i would say we would have a chance..the Pats lost badly to the Jags and the Lions already this year, they are not a powerhouse anymore....

but we are currently ravaged by injures, we have a lot of starters going to be sitting this one our. So i will say 28-20 Pats.

and to everyone saying 99-0 pats and crap like that, get ahold of yourself.

Lol if we were at home it'd be different too. The pats have dominated at home this year.. and we can't even throw the ball on the road :hissy:

I think the Colts will have a real shot at this game since it is Thursday Night and Bill doesn't have a lot of time to game plan for it so it becomes a game of which team has more talent and honestly the Patriots don't have a very talented team this year. That being said I still think we will find a way to lose this game but should be entertaining at least.  

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I doubt we win this game but it will be closer than many think IMO. We have been in every game this season and have shown the ability to play Good Defense and put up Points on Offense. I would love it if we can knock these guys off but playing at NE is real tough.

We will keep it close in the first half and then New England pulls away.

Pats 34 Colts 23

This is an interesting game that I think we can keep close. We won't win IMO, but we'll keep it close. 31-24 Pats. Gronk may be out, which would be nice. They are getting back Julian Edelman though, so that would cancel it out somewhat.

If any combo of Constanzo, Mack, or Doyle returns, we'll be in much better shape. This will be a true test for our defense, and I wonder how many time we'll sack Brady?

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am out of LIKES now, I used them yesterday haha but yeah I think we will keep it around 7 points. 

Well, make sure to give me one on that post when you get them back, lol! :thmup:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This is an interesting game that I think we can keep close. We won't win IMO, but we'll keep it close. 31-24 Pats. Gronk may be out, which would be nice. They are getting back Julian Edelman though, so that would cancel it out somewhat.

If any combo of Constanzo, Mack, or Doyle returns, we'll be in much better shape. This will be a true test for our defense, and I wonder how many time we'll sack Brady?

If we win that offsets the loss yesterday and actually saves our season. After we play the Pats, we have the Jets, Raiders, and Bills. Yesterdays loss was really bad but the season still isn't over. We also still have 5 more Division games so I am hanging in there for now.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Well, make sure to give me one on that post when you get them back, lol! :thmup:

:thmup: I got ya

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we win that offsets the loss yesterday and actually saves our season. After play the Pats, we have the Jets, Raiders, and Bills. Yesterdays loss was really bad but the season still isn't over. We also still have 5 more Division games so I am hanging in there for now.

I am too, this would be a big win if we could get it Thursday. I think people will underestimate us and we'll make it a game, with a small chance of pulling it out. I think Coach Reich has something to prove this game.

I hope it's close, but I'm frankly expecting a blowout.  No TY, maybe no Leonard, maybe no AC, and maybe no Mack.  This is how it typically goes in NE:  things are fairly close in the 1st half with the Pats holding a close lead.  2nd half comes and the Colts punt on their first two possessions and the Pats get TD's and blow it open.  Things snowball from there into a rout.  Pretty much what I'm expecting again Thursday.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I am too, this would be a big win if we could get it Thursday. I think people will underestimate us and we'll make it a game, with a small chance of pulling it out. I think Coach Reich has something to prove this game.

Yeah and even if we lose, the way we have played this season we could beat all 3 Jets, Raiders, and Bills and still get to 4-4. We aren't a Good football but we aren't Bad either. We have had some misfortune at the end of games unfortunately. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah and even if we lose, the way we have played this season we could beat all 3 Jets, Raiders, and Bills and still get to 4-4. We aren't a Good football but we aren't Bad either. We have had some misfortune at the end of games unfortunately. 

I'm not sure if Luck is starting to shake off the rust and getting back to his old self, or it's just a product of the dome game at Lucas Oil, but if he plays at this level for the rest of the year, we are in very good shape. 4-4 would be very obtainable then.

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I actually trust the defense.  If we can get some carry over from yesterdays 2nd half offensive performance in terms of drives and point production I think we'll be right there in the mix.  I don't expect the Pats will be putting no damn 42 points on us.

I'm not sure if Luck is starting to shake off the rust and getting back to his old self, or it's just a product of the dome game at Lucas Oil, but if he plays at this level for the rest of the year, we are in very good shape. 4-4 would be very obtainable then.

Yeah I was glad to see Luck throw well because there was people doubting him all week. I was even starting to think, maybe I am missing something because alot in here was talking about zip, the deep ball, etc.. We just haven't executed in the clutch which is odd because Andrew was real clutch in 2012-2014. He had a nice comeback yesterday but OT we still failed.

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

I actually trust the defense.  If we can get some carry over from yesterdays 2nd half offensive performance in terms of drives and point production I think we'll be right there in the mix.  I don't expect the Pats will be putting no damn 42 points on us.

I agree. I do think the Pats will put around 30, but that number could dwindle if Gronk is out. The only thing I'm worried about is how much pressure we'll get on Brady and if we can sack him at all. There's a good chance he could eat up our secondary, especially with Edelman back. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I was glad to see Luck throw well because there was people doubting him all week. I was even starting to think, maybe I am missing something because alot in here was talking about zip, the deep ball, etc.. We just haven't executed in the clutch which is odd because Andrew was real clutch in 2012-2014. He had a nice comeback yesterday but OT we still failed.

I'm very critical of Luck, but there wasn't much else he could of done in that game. He came through the best he could, and any negatives were on the poor Tackle blocking, and receivers dropping the ball. Luck looked like the Luck of old (2014 Luck) in that game.

• Like 1

I'm very critical of Luck, but there wasn't much else he could of done in that game. He came through the best he could, and any negatives were on the poor Tackle blocking, and receivers dropping the ball. Luck looked like the Luck of old (2014 Luck) in that game.

Yeah I don't give Luck much blame for yesterday, drop balls hurt us alot and we don't have a running game either. Losing TY hampered us as well.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I agree. I do think the Pats will put around 30, but that number could dwindle if Gronk is out. The only thing I'm worried about is how much pressure we'll get on Brady and if we can sack him at all. There's a good chance he could eat up our secondary, especially with Edelman back. 

Wha'ts the status of Kenny Moore?  I remember he left the game hurt. I think he could roll with Edelman to be honest.  Him or Hairston.

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That's reasonable although I personally don't think they have very many mismatch guys other than Gronk.  We've got pretty good pass rush.  I'm not expecting to go up there and get blown out unless we play a sloppy game with turnovers and what not.

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

That's reasonable although I personally don't think they have very many mismatch guys other than Gronk.  We've got pretty good pass rush.  I'm not expecting to go up there and get blown out unless we play a sloppy game with turnovers and what not.

They don't have too many mismatches, the only problem that we'll really have is Brady's ability to get rid of the ball extremely fast. That will cause some frustration, so we'll need as much pass rush as possible.

Just now, The Fish said:

Same. 

I hate the Patriots. I want that thing to go away and their fans to just... stop. Easily the most annoying fans. 

I have alot of respect for the Patriots as they have been a thorn in our side for years. Even the Manning days they were tough to beat. I still am mad about 2003 and 2004 :thmup:. Luck has never beat them, if he beats them that would be his 3rd best in his career IMO only behind the Chiefs and Broncos Playoff wins. It would be a season saver as well.

• Like 1

Kenny Moore likely out, Darius Leonard likely out, and if T.Y. is out, the odds are against us. Not to mention, Marlon Mack and his hamstring plus Castanzo and Doyle. We might as well trot out our B team without the above, get beat and focus on what happens after 1-4 with everyone healthy to make a run, no need to aggravate anything. :( 

But, but...you play to win the game. :dunno: