Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne Would "love" To Have Reunion With Peyton

Andy

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the most original thought, but the idea of them both ending up back in Miami is appealing - to Reggie more than anyone. If I was him I'd be thrilled at the thought of a) making a big payday, b)going home, c)STILL playing with the best QB in the league - with whom he has a perfect working relationship d)going someplace that has a chance to win now.

Why would he want to stay here as the team rebuilds? It must be pretty awkward for a 30+ year old wr to answer to a QB that's still wet behind the ears. I love Reggie, but it would be best for all parties if he leaves.

Good Bye Reggie you will be missed. I heard his quotes on channel 13 tonight. It really looks like that is moving on and the Colts has moved away from him as well. He said the Colts has not contacted him. I agree with Mac he is 30 plus years old. Why would he want to stay here even though that also hurts to say. But I understand and won't be mad at him. I hope he and Manning will hook up again they seem like they have a great relationship. Thank you for the memories Reggie.

It sounding like Reggie just wants to get out of Indy. He wants to be with Peyton. This could mean that he may be tough to deal with when negotiating a contract. Thoughts?

http://www.nfl.com/n..._headline_stack

this has been talked about for a week almost two weeks about him and manning on the same team. Wayne has been pretty much gone in my eyes. its garcon that needs to come back

Can you imagine Peyton and Wayne taking there talents to souh beach. Wayne trains at the U every off season. Watch out. That could be a championship team. Not to mention Edge works out with the U all the time. Talk about feeling comfortable. He wouldnt have to say anytihng down there. Wayne would do all the talking. RESPECT.

Can the Dolphins afford Peyton and Reg?

A team that wants them can afford anyone. They will take a cap hit. How long has the Dolphins wanted a SB team. You know what I mean. Some teams would love to win a SB and take a hit for years to come. They dont care about the money like the Colts have too.

Yes they can afford both. Reggie was practicing at USF in Tampa recently with him.

Manning landed back in south fla at 4:30 this afternoon. I can only hope they sign both of them and maybe another local boy Garçon.

Gotta laugh when I think back to the MNF game when some drunk kept telling me " we like peyton manning just not at son life stadium" when he won the game with a total offense of 12 minutes... Now Miami may get the best NFL QB ever to play this game called football

That would be interesting. They would be the darkhorse, in my opinion. The team no one expects to go for it, but actually makes a strong push

It seems like a very possible place, but do you honestly think that Peyton would want to go to Denver where they play a mile above sea level and start getting cold in early November. Peyton hates snow + cold. Look for hot spots to be a more likely destination. Miami, Arizona, even Seattle (sort of). I'm kinda ruling out the cold spots, except the Jets, because Tom Moore is there and there is the Jets.

It seems like a very possible place, but do you honestly think that Peyton would want to go to Denver where they play a mile above sea level and start getting cold in early November. Peyton hates snow + cold. Look for hot spots to be a more likely destination. Miami, Arizona, even Seattle (sort of). I'm kinda ruling out the cold spots, except the Jets, because Tom Moore is there and there is the Jets.

Yeah, I never considered Denver to be a big candidate either. Still, they were a solid rushing team, and have a good defense.

Moore's contract ended at the end of the season, that is why he was able to join Manning at Duke for his passing sessions.

No QB likes bad weather as much as warm/indoors, but I don't see it as a deterrent for Manning. If he feels NYJ or Denver is his best bet, then that is where he will end up.

I lot of 7 degrees...Brandon Marshall did the intro to Reggie in the NFLN's Best 100 NFL Players and called Reggie the "purest receiver in the NFL". Got to think he would like to work with him on the same field. Peyton owns a home in Miami. Peyton's hero growing up was Marino, wonder how much he sees himself in that reflection? Peyton won a SB in Miami.

And oh, throw a dash of Garcon on top on this soup and let Season.

Can you imagine Peyton and Wayne taking there talents to souh beach. Wayne trains at the U every off season. Watch out. That could be a championship team. Not to mention Edge works out with the U all the time. Talk about feeling comfortable. He wouldnt have to say anytihng down there. Wayne would do all the talking. RESPECT.

Well,when they were both in their prime they played together for a decade and managed only 1 world championship. IMO, odds are against them getting a second.

Moore's contract ended at the end of the season, that is why he was able to join Manning at Duke for his passing sessions.

No QB likes bad weather as much as warm/indoors, but I don't see it as a deterrent for Manning. If he feels NYJ or Denver is his best bet, then that is where he will end up.

Good to know about Moore.

Now, about the weather. Peyton has never played a home game in the snow. When he plays in the snow, he is not the same quarterback, if anything he's human. You don't think he realizes this. He wants to go to a team that gives him the best chance of winning, and if he thinks the snow + cold will hold him back, he WILL NOT GO THERE. Players that played in the snow + cold in college or on a previous team are used to it and don't mind it more. Manning is not used to play several consecutive weeks in the snow. A lot of QBs say that Denver is one of the hardest places to play and adapt to (Jake Plummer and Brady Quinn said that).

I don't see him going to Denver, and Elway just named Tebow the starter going into training camp. I think they're more focused on Tebow than Manning. I think they want to go into the future with Tebow, who wins them games.

Now with the Jets, it's one of the toughest places to walk in to. Mark Sanchez is being killed by the fans and the media, and some are calling for his head. It's tough and I think part of the reason that PM loves Indy is that the fans + media aren't as critical on him since it's not as big of a metropolis as NY. Plus, Eli plays there and he'll do anything for his brother. Some people are saying he may not go in the NFC because he doesn't want to stop Eli from succeeding. Going to the NY Jets would cause a lot of hassle and commotion, something that not too many QBs like. It's killed Sanchez, and it killed Eli in the early years. I don't think he wants to spend his last few years under the most critical spotlight (fans and media).

That's why I see the Dolphins, Cardinals and Seahawks are the most likely suitors. The pressure isn't as high and they're generally warm places (Seattle does get cold in January, but it's better than most places, it's really not that bad ever).

Good to know about Moore.

Now, about the weather. Peyton has never played a home game in the snow. When he plays in the snow, he is not the same quarterback, if anything he's human. You don't think he realizes this. He wants to go to a team that gives him the best chance of winning, and if he thinks the snow + cold will hold him back, he WILL NOT GO THERE. Players that played in the snow + cold in college or on a previous team are used to it and don't mind it more. Manning is not used to play several consecutive weeks in the snow. A lot of QBs say that Denver is one of the hardest places to play and adapt to (Jake Plummer and Brady Quinn said that).

I don't see him going to Denver, and Elway just named Tebow the starter going into training camp. I think they're more focused on Tebow than Manning. I think they want to go into the future with Tebow, who wins them games.

Now with the Jets, it's one of the toughest places to walk in to. Mark Sanchez is being killed by the fans and the media, and some are calling for his head. It's tough and I think part of the reason that PM loves Indy is that the fans + media aren't as critical on him since it's not as big of a metropolis as NY. Plus, Eli plays there and he'll do anything for his brother. Some people are saying he may not go in the NFC because he doesn't want to stop Eli from succeeding. Going to the NY Jets would cause a lot of hassle and commotion, something that not too many QBs like. It's killed Sanchez, and it killed Eli in the early years. I don't think he wants to spend his last few years under the most critical spotlight (fans and media).

That's why I see the Dolphins, Cardinals and Seahawks are the most likely suitors. The pressure isn't as high and they're generally warm places (Seattle does get cold in January, but it's better than most places, it's really not that bad ever).

The thing about weather is that in the right season, he could have more games with precipitation if he went to Miami as opposed to if he went to New York.

Take the Super Bowl weather in Indy this year. Track that same week 10 years before and 10 years after, and it might end up being the best week of those 21 weeks. Same with Dallas. If the Super Bowl had been the year before or the year after the weather wouldn't have been so bad.

Of course he would likely face better weather on the average in Miami, but it is not guaranteed to have horrible weather in NYC.

I don't think Brady Quinn has played enough in Denver to form a valid opinion. Of course it is different and would take some adjusting, just on the altitude alone, but as far as I know Manning isn't like the Steelers DB with the sickle cell issue.

NYC is a media beast, but if he feels that is the best TEAM to go to, then it won't stop him. I do rule out Washington/Philly & Dallas because they are in the NFC East, but I wouldn't rule out the other teams. Yeah it would be unfortunate for a NYG/ARI playoff game, but if that's what happens it happens.

If John Elway has the chance to sign Manning he'll paint 666 on his forehead and tell Tebow he's been traded. Yeah that is extreme, but Tim Tebow isn't going to prevent a team from signing Peyton Manning.

Who's the better quarterback? Kurt Warner or Matt Cassell. Cassell, is a Southern California kid and Warner is from Idaho. I bet Warner played in the worse aggregate weather in high school and college. Of course Cassell didn't play in college but that is beside the point. Warner looked lost in the snow and Cassell looked all world. Put them both in the dome and they both look good.

I think at one point Favre was one of a few QB's that had better outdoor #'s than he did indoors, but that might have changed after his time indoors with Minnesota.

Signing in New York or Seattle doesn't mean 8 snow games, or 8 cold games.

You also have to look at the opponents. Over time a lot of Brady fans have used the "Brady has better indoor #'s than Manning" argument in a Brady v. Manning thread.

What most of them fail to realize is who Brady was playing in these domes. Horrible defenses for the most part. When you crunch the #'s of Manning "road" indoor games, his #'s against those similar opponents were better than Brady's when I crunched them.

For the most part in Cold/precipitation games Manning has played a team with a better defense, so yeah his #'s would be lower. Playing a full schedule with the Jets, would give him home games vs easier opponents and harder ones. The #'s would equal out.

No QB wants brittle cold temperatures or snow, or wind or precipitation but it's not like he's going to mark them off the list because they could have cold weather games.

The thing about weather is that in the right season, he could have more games with precipitation if he went to Miami as opposed to if he went to New York.

Take the Super Bowl weather in Indy this year. Track that same week 10 years before and 10 years after, and it might end up being the best week of those 21 weeks. Same with Dallas. If the Super Bowl had been the year before or the year after the weather wouldn't have been so bad.

Ok, but most likely it will be cold as February is generally one of the coldest months of the year in Indy, but that's beside the point as they play in a dome.

Of course he would likely face better weather on the average in Miami, but it is not guaranteed to have horrible weather in NYC.

New York in December and January are heck. I give credit to the ground's crew for doing a great job cleaning up the field to make it look not bad, but the weather outiside is freezing. They had the coldest days of the year in New York this year. Just saying, it gets real cold in New York, I would know I live about 5 hours away in Montreal.

I don't think Brady Quinn has played enough in Denver to form a valid opinion. Of course it is different and would take some adjusting, just on the altitude alone, but as far as I know Manning isn't like the Steelers DB with the sickle cell issue.

I think he has. He's been there for 3 years and knows the winter effects in Denver. Jake Plummer had a great statement too. He said something like "Moving from Arizona to Denver is not for everyone" The altitude is crazy there, it is very hard to adapt there. Also, another reason why I don't think he goes there is because of the coaching staff. John Fox is not an offensive guy and they have an offensive scheme that is the exact opposite of what PM used in Indy. They may change for him, but it would be hard.

NYC is a media beast, but if he feels that is the best TEAM to go to, then it won't stop him. I do rule out Washington/Philly & Dallas because they are in the NFC East, but I wouldn't rule out the other teams. Yeah it would be unfortunate for a NYG/ARI playoff game, but if that's what happens it happens.

Arizona and Seattle are the only teams I think he goes to in the NFC. Agree on not going to the NFC East. New York is a media beast (like I said) and will be tough on him. Maybe he's seen what NY did to Sanchez, and Eli (during Eli's early years). You really have to get a SB championship to get the monkey off your back. Frankly, the Jets are the most overrated team in the NFL. They have a lot of free agents this year, and they would have to let a lot of them walk. Their defense is getting overrated and pretty bad. Their safeties are bad without Leonard who could be gone after 2 bad knee injuries. Their linebacking core is bad with Bart Scott definitely leaving and no real prospects in the horizon. Their D-line is bad. Their O-line is good, their running game is pretty good, but with Plaxico on the way out, the only real receiver he'll have is Santonio who people do not like there. He seems demotivated. NY Jets is not as good as it seems. Plus you said that Tom Moore isn't there anymore so that doesn't help.

If John Elway has the chance to sign Manning he'll paint 666 on his forehead and tell Tebow he's been traded. Yeah that is extreme, but Tim Tebow isn't going to prevent a team from signing Peyton Manning.

I get the feeling Elway likes Tebow as Tebow reminds Elway of himself, and God knows Elway loves himself. I don't think if I'm in charge it's worth the whole hassle to cut players and find room for an aging star who you can milk one or two good years out of.

Who's the better quarterback? Kurt Warner or Matt Cassell. Cassell, is a Southern California kid and Warner is from Idaho. I bet Warner played in the worse aggregate weather in high school and college. Of course Cassell didn't play in college but that is beside the point. Warner looked lost in the snow and Cassell looked all world. Put them both in the dome and they both look good.

Every situation is different, but the general consensus is that players who play in hot cities get used to the hot weather and struggle in snow + cold. Warner was never a good fit in NY, if that's what your referring too. He got comfortable playing in a dome in St Louis and in the NFC West, you rarely see snow, except sometimes in late December in Seattle, but it's never that cold there. Warner is different situation as he's used to playing indoors after spending all those years in St Louis.

I think at one point Favre was one of a few QB's that had better outdoor #'s than he did indoors, but that might have changed after his time indoors with Minnesota.

Because Favre got used to playing outside at Lambeau.

Signing in New York or Seattle doesn't mean 8 snow games, or 8 cold games.

I never said that. I'm saying your going to get cold games in late November/December (in NY) and some snow + mildness in Seattle. December/January has never been a good month for Peyton mostly because he plays a lot of outdoor games in December/January. I believe he averages 2 snow + cold games every year in December/January against good teams which puts him at a disadvantage.

You also have to look at the opponents. Over time a lot of Brady fans have used the "Brady has better indoor #'s than Manning" argument in a Brady v. Manning thread.

That's because Pats fans will say anything to make Brady look better than Manning and bring up one or two silly points to try and back that up.

What most of them fail to realize is who Brady was playing in these domes. Horrible defenses for the most part. When you crunch the #'s of Manning "road" indoor games, his #'s against those similar opponents were better than Brady's when I crunched them.

Good point

For the most part in Cold/precipitation games Manning has played a team with a better defense, so yeah his #'s would be lower. Playing a full schedule with the Jets, would give him home games vs easier opponents and harder ones. The #'s would equal out.

If he played in the AFC East, he would be going up against good defenses (a healthy Bills D is a pretty good one) + an evil genius. Well, the schedule changes every year, so it depends who they face. This year they face the AFC South (coincidentally), Raiders, and Steelers. Those are some good defense. Texans and Steelers have top 5 defense. Titans, Raiders and Jaguars have good defenses. Colts may be good with this change to a 3-4.

No QB wants brittle cold temperatures or snow, or wind or precipitation but it's not like he's going to mark them off the list because they could have cold weather games.

I think he could if he's used to playing in reasonable temperatures. He's used to being NOT cold in Indy, so maybe he'd like to stay like that as that is his best bet. He may realize that playing with no snow or cold at home gives the team he's with the best chance of winning. Peyton is always thinking about the team first.

My rebuttal points are above ^^^