Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Edwin Jackson Case Update

TKnight24

8 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

That’s it? Kill someone drunk driving and get nothing. Have a joint on you and go to jail for life. 

Makes sense. 

unfortunately its manslaughter not murder. there was no intent

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

That’s it? Kill someone drunk driving and get nothing. Have a joint on you and go to jail for life. 

Makes sense. 

He actually killed two people, Jackson and the Uber/Lyft driver.  A sentence of 10-16 doesn't seem like much considering the other factors involved.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

Makes sense. 

I have known many people who have been busted for a joint and even as much as a quarter pound and got no jail time.  I think you are exaggerating a lot with that comment. The people who spend time in jail for weed are the dealers and those who have multiple offenses.

9 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I have known many people who have been busted for a joint and even as much as a quarter pound and got no jail time.  I think you are exaggerating a lot with that comment. The people who spend time in jail for weed are the dealers and those who have multiple offenses.

Not really. I’ve read and seen plenty of articles about life sentences for a little bit of marijuana. 

11 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

Not really. I’ve read and seen plenty of articles about life sentences for a little bit of marijuana. 

Weed will be legal countrywide before 2022. Book it.

It's not my thing btw, I don't smoke it... but the evidence that it is overall safer, easier to police and an extremely lucrative economic injection for the state is just too much to ignore.

Alcohol is responsible for so many more deaths and no one bats an eyelid....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

It's not my thing btw, I don't smoke it... but the evidence that it is overall safer, easier to police and an extremely lucrative economic injection for the state is just too much to ignore.

Big pharma are the ones throwing the biggest fit. I'm not for the weed but the medicinal sources cannot be ignored. The stuff is amazing. Without the thc 

On 7/22/2018 at 10:00 AM, Chucklez said:

My general view is that you shouldn't be able to buy alcohol if you've been convicted of a DUI or other alcohol related felony within the past 5 or 10 years.  

• Like 1

I guess we should implement Sharia law then if you don't like our current justice system. If convicted, chop the hand(s) off or put him in a cell the size of a 6 ft by 6 ft box for 6 years with food being brought in and no outside the cell access. Any takers???

Look, it is not perfect but at least some justice was served than him getting away scot free.

Yeah I don’t think it’s fair by any means but that’s our justice system.  You can illegally come to this country, get wasted, unintentionally kill multiple people in an accident, flee the scene of the crime and get out in 4-5 years on good behavior.