Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Browns Reportedly Won't Trade Both First Rounders For Griffin

If I were the Browns, I'd stay at 4 or make Rams trade back up to me if they want Blackmon or if someone else wants to trade up for Claiborne/Kalil

depending on Vikes pick. I would try to stay near top 10 to at least get Richardson and collect some picks for next year while filling many holes in

this draft, and if Colt doesnt pan out this year use the draft picks collected from trading down in next years draft to trade up for my QB. That would

put my young QB on a much better team, that was made more complete from this draft, next year instead of trading most my picks to get RG3 on a

team with no weapons or help on offense.

It seems that more and more with the said rumors that Washington is the one to make the move for RG3. Washington has zero chance of getting Peyton, and Miami is getting Flynn, and with Mike Holgrem is holding the cards for the Browns (which means he's smart enough to not allow a trade of 2 1st rounds just to move up 2 spots). Either way, I'm just glad we're getting Luck and someone else can take the huge risk of getting RG3.

If I were them I'd trade the #4 pick, their 2nd round pick and next years second if they have to.

If I were them I give up both first rounders for Griffin. He is an outstanding prospect. Maybe they will continue to struggle because of poor decisions. The Giants traded a lot for Eli and have 2 SBs to show for it. A team has to have blue chip players to win the SB.

If I were them I give up both first rounders for Griffin. He is an outstanding prospect. Maybe they will continue to struggle because of poor decisions. The Giants traded a lot for Eli and have 2 SBs to show for it. A team has to have blue chip players to win the SB.

As a long time Browns fan, I am glad they have Holmgrin not willing to pull a 'Ditka' and trade away their future for one prospect. Griffin looks good but I have serious questions about his impact. He has posted the standard response for a "scrambling" QB; "I'm a pocket passer that just happens to have the athletic ability to run when needed". What happens is these prototypes get overwhelmed by the speed and intelligence of NFL defenses and they default to scrambling their way out of trouble. Which brings a serious risk of injury. They fail to slide when scrambling because they have been jaded by their athletic superiority in college. Instead they mistakenly think that they can always get by that next defender, lower their shoulder and they take that hit head on.

The Browns should let Griffin fall where he may and they should take the best player available at their respective picks. The Rams aren't taking Grif nor are they relinquishing their #2 pick for anything less than a kings ransom.

Is there any chance that the Browns may be able to pick Griff @ #4? I say yes, albeit a very small chance, they may still be able to select him @ #4 if no other team settles for the Rams overblown demands.

As a long time Browns fan, I am glad they have Holmgrin not willing to pull a 'Ditka' and trade away their future for one prospect. Griffin looks good but I have serious questions about his impact. He has posted the standard response for a "scrambling" QB; "I'm a pocket passer that just happens to have the athletic ability to run when needed". What happens is these prototypes get overwhelmed by the speed and intelligence of NFL defenses and they default to scrambling their way out of trouble. Which brings a serious risk of injury. They fail to slide when scrambling because they have been jaded by their athletic superiority in college. Instead they mistakenly think that they can always get by that next defender, lower their shoulder and they take that hit head on.

The Browns should let Griffin fall where he may and they should take the best player available at their respective picks. The Rams aren't taking Grif nor are they relinquishing their #2 pick for anything less than a kings ransom.

Is there any chance that the Browns may be able to pick Griff @ #4? I say yes, albeit a very small chance, they may still be able to select him @ #4 if no other team settles for the Rams overblown demands.

I am a Colts fan but I root for the Browns occasionally because my pastor's son, Ben Watson, plays for the Browns. I believe Griffin will prove to be a star QB in the NFL and not just a running QB. If Andrew Luck were not in this draft I would want Griffin. Time will tell how it all plays out.

The Browns are more than just one QB from being competitive. Colt Mc Coy might not be then answer but at least give him some tools and protection before throwing him out the door. If you bring in some Oline and receivers at least something would be in place for the futre QB. If Griffen goes there this year, who else on offense will help out?

But then they have no shot at a real good WR. If they can somehow keep the other 1st round pick they might have a shot at a good WR. Stephen Hill and Greg Little catching from Robert Griffin III sounds pretty good for next season.

But then they have no shot at a real good WR. If they can somehow keep the other 1st round pick they might have a shot at a good WR. Stephen Hill and Greg Little catching from Robert Griffin III sounds pretty good for next season.

Some of the receivers in the 3rd and 4th round may have as much talent as those taken late first round. This is a deep draft for WR.