Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts host CB Kenneth Acker

TKnight24

4 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Good? Probably not..........Cheap? Most likely.

6 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Probably not, most anyone good has been signed already.

So the Colts may sign a depth player and it's enough to throw the insults?  Last time I checked we needed depth players.

12 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

So the Colts may sign a depth player and it's enough to throw the insults?  Last time I checked we needed depth players.

We also need starters because our GM was too cheap to drop 5.5 million on Melvin, despite sitting on 59.8 million in cap space.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

We also need starters because our GM was too cheap to drop 5.5 million on Melvin, despite sitting on 59.8 million in cap space.  

Ballard has his plan in place. Throwing insults at him at this point shows you don't trust him.

OK, you don't trust him? Now what?

44 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

False. All reports showed Melvin asked for way more from Indy. 

He settled with Oakland once reality set in that he priced himself way higher than any GM did. That’s his fault, not Ballard

• Like 3

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Ballard has his plan in place. Throwing insults at him at this point shows you don't trust him.

I really don't get it.  Do you think you're doing the forum a service when you attack other posters?  Are you simply incapable of expressing an opinion without belittling those who have an opposing opinion?

They say this is a depth signing, so he's probably not that good (meaning we're in trouble if he sees the field on game day).  You say we NEED depth signings.  Guess what!  You're BOTH probably right!

If we sign this guy, I doubt he starts a meaningful game. 

Can he still improve our team?  Yes.

Is he a good player?  Probably not.

Can he still be a good signing without being a good player?  Yes.

32 minutes ago, That Guy said:

I really don't get it.  Do you think you're doing the forum a service when you attack other posters?  Are you simply incapable of expressing an opinion without belittling those who have an opposing opinion?

They say this is a depth signing, so he's probably not that good (meaning we're in trouble if he sees the field on game day).  You say we NEED depth signings.  Guess what!  You're BOTH probably right!

Calling someone out for their needless insults is not belittling anyone.

If you don't have a problem with it that's on you.

1 hour ago, TKnight24 said:

False. All reports showed Melvin asked for way more from Indy. 

He settled with Oakland once reality set in that he priced himself way higher than any GM did. That’s his fault, not Ballard

so offer him 6 then

1 hour ago, That Guy said:

Wasting your time on this one bud. He’s never wrong. 

59 minutes ago, MightyLucks said:

Wasting your time on this one bud. He’s never wrong. 

See, that's wrong. I have been wrong and have been man enough to admit it.

Just because opinions don't match does not make either wrong.

There is where the problem is. Not too many are willing to move on and take it for what it is.

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I don't trust or distrust him.  Although I dislike his overly conservative approach to FA.  

• Like 1

On 4/4/2018 at 6:29 AM, Valpo2004 said:

Well...    we don't actually know that..,   Doesn't the recent Melvin thread say Melvin signed with Oakland WITHOUT giving Indy a chance to match or beat the Raiders offer?    

That's what I thought part of the discussion was all about.

By the way...   I think the number was $6.5 mill...   not that it matters at this point...

On 05/04/2018 at 3:26 AM, Valpo2004 said:

I don't trust or distrust him.  Although I dislike his overly conservative approach to FA.  

Yet, apart from a small number of guys, none of the FAs available were players you could class as game-changers.  And those who were will well priced out of our market anyway.