Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bradley Chubb 3-Cones at 7.37

4 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Happens every time Barkley gets brought up. 

A lot of people are very passionate about not wanting to draft a running back at No. 3. 

I think he is the best running back since Edgerrin James, and would welcome him with open arms. 

We(Fans) must separate SB and RB

I know of no one who says SB will not be a great player and/or would love to have him in the backfield but many(PT included) feel that because of other needs that picking a RB at 3 are more pressing 

No One knows what will happen in April and saying you do only alienates others and will cause them tune out in the future

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

We(Fans) must separate SB and RB

I know of no one who says SB will not be a great player and/or would love to have him in the backfield but many(PT included) feel that because of other needs that picking a RB at 3 are more pressing 

No One knows what will happen in April and saying you do only alienates others and will cause them tune out in the future

If you have anything personal to say to me then send me a PM.

1 hour ago, BOTT said:

I would be more interested in what Suggs 10 yard split, broad jump, SS and 3 cone were.

I don't think he even performed them.  Yet he was still taken round 1 at #10 overall...

1 hour ago, bananabucket said:

Disappointing.  I was on the fence about Chubb vs trade down, now I probably lean towards trading down and targeting Nelson or Roquan. 

If we take him I'll be excited about what he brings, but at #3 I expect an EDGE to be an elite pass rush prospect.

Edit: to be clear I'm only talking about his agility drills.  His 40 and jumps were very impressive.

Pat Kirwan's explosive formula places Chubb right at the brink of elite explosiveness. (70)

Barkley wont be available at # 3 anyway so don't dwell on him. We need to look at the future and see what is the best for the longevity of the Colts. The multiple  back rotation is a better choice anyway. FA is the target at first we should 

worry about for now . Who is the FA we should target , if at a reasonably price . Once we address this it would help our goals for the draft.

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Omg @BlueShoe take your bets to Private message. They don’t belong on this forum. I’ve had to sift through 4 pages of personal bickering to find a few worthy tid bits about the combine. For the sake of the rest of us spare us the back and forth.

Wasn't a bet I created, and I did not bring it up either. 

Thanks for attacking me, for being attacked. 

Stay cool! 

Chubb had a bad 3 cone and less then stellar shuttle...but he did great at his other drills...let’s not miss the forest for the trees. Every drill has some correlation but no single one eliminates his tape and performance in college. I put more more emphasis on vertical and broad jump and 10 yard split because those all measure explosive quick twitch muscle groups...power...and athleticism. 3 cone is about footwork and technique...I expect if he was to put more emphasis on it he would do better. Nothing today changed my opinion of Chubb..he is still a premier prospect in this draft for me.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Chubb had a bad 3 cone and less then stellar shuttle...but he did great at his other drills...let’s not miss the forest for the trees. Every drill has some correlation but no single one eliminates his tape and performance in college. I put more more emphasis on vertical and broad jump and 10 yard split because those all measure explosive quick twitch muscle groups...power...and athleticism. 3 cone is about footwork and technique...I expect if he was to put more emphasis on it he would do better. Nothing today changed my opinion of Chubb..he is still a premier prospect in this draft for me.

Great points

5 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Wasn't a bet I created, and I did not bring it up either. 

Thanks for attacking me, for being attacked. 

Stay cool! 

It isn’t an attack...it’s a suggestion...since your the common denominator in all the bickering I would appreciate that you take it to pm with those your having a total separate convo and one NOBODY but you and your betting partners care about. That’s all...thank you! Have a great day!

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

It isn’t an attack...it’s a suggestion...since your the common denominator in all the bickering I would appreciate that you take it to pm with those your having a total separate convo and one NOBODY but you and your betting partners care about. That’s all...thank you! Have a great day!

If you have anything personal to talk to me about then send me a PM. 

14 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Barkley wont be available at # 3 anyway so don't dwell on him. We need to look at the future and see what is the best for the longevity of the Colts. The multiple  back rotation is a better choice anyway. FA is the target at first we should 

worry about for now . Who is the FA we should target , if at a reasonably price . Once we address this it would help our goals for the draft.

And if he is gone then we will be open for business. 

The front office will go on a shopping spree for all the Colts coaches. You get a first rounder, and you get a first rounder. :) 

So what is my answer. Tape doesn't lie and if I remember right, neither Dwight Freeney nor Everson Griffen did the 3-cone at the combine.

http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=5925

http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Everson&l=Griffen&i=8504

Plus, Demarcus Lawrence had a 7.46

http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=20977

I'm not worried at all.

18 minutes ago, chad72 said:

So what is my answer. Tape doesn't lie and if I remember right, neither Dwight Freeney nor Everson Griffen did the 3-cone at the combine.

http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=5925

http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Everson&l=Griffen&i=8504

Plus, Demarcus Lawrence had a 7.46

http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=20977

I'm not worried at all.

And to add onto the Demarcus Lawrence piece, since it was brought up earlier and buried under pages of bickering, his 3 cone had nothing to do with him being selected in the 2nd round. He had a number of concerns like ability to hold up in the run game, questions about character, and general strength issues.

4 minutes ago, Shive said:

And to add onto the Demarcus Lawrence piece, since it was brought up earlier and buried under pages of bickering, his 3 cone had nothing to do with him being selected in the 2nd round. He had a number of concerns like ability to hold up in the run game, questions about character, and general strength issues.

True. Like I said before, it is like the addendum to a resume, the NFL combine, giving GMs something they want to know but truly don't need to know to change their opinion of a Top 10 pick dramatically. They were touted to be a Top 10 pick because of their entire body of work, not just 1 game or even just 1 year of production or a few test results.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

True. Like I said before, it is like the addendum to a resume, the NFL combine, giving GMs something they want to know but truly don't need to know to change their opinion of a Top 10 pick dramatically. They were touted to be a Top 10 pick because of their entire body of work, not just 1 game or even just 1 year of production or a few test results.

IMO The most important part of the combine are the one-on-one meetings

Good grief, a couple of you need a timeout, you argue worse than my two toddlers. 

That said, I doubt 2 subpar tests out of the what,8-10 that Chubb knocked out of the ballpark on is going to affect his draft status much. It MAY prevent him from going number 1 overall or even number 2, both of which is good for the Colts IF IF IF that's who they want. It's rare to find a player that is flawless coming into the draft, even the GOAT Peyton Manning had flaws. So I don't rule anyone out based on a small sample

No one whose opinion means anything has showed even a fleas worth of concern over this. Why? Because if you're being reasonable you understand the stuff in the film has the greatest weight. I would not let something like this effect anything unless the tape was mediocre to poor. There's a gazillion stats quoted in the NFL for everything and coaches and GMs overlook them when they are certain a guy can play. You got to know when to fall in line with what is traditionally accepted and when to overlook or ignore it. Teams do this all the time. I ain't buying it! As Ballard has stated before "You gotta scout with your eyes and your gut" The film dont lie on Chubb

You can feel the pressure from everyone with this pick.. If we miss we're set back another 3-4 years.  I've said before Chubb isn't a sure fire pro bowler. He could go either way. I think for the ones that prefer Nelson or Barkley it gives them comfort knowing the bust level is low. 

18 minutes ago, TdungyW/12 said:

Tank for #3!

Trying to find a rhyme for Chubb that says this^

5 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

You can feel the pressure from everyone with this pick.. If we miss we're set back another 3-4 years.  I've said before Chubb isn't a sure fire pro bowler. He could go either way. I think for the ones that prefer Nelson or Barkley it gives them comfort knowing the bust level is low. 

Eh I think the bust potential is HIGHER for Barkley. Not because of him though. But because of us. We have no line that opens holes. Our receivers can't block down field. I worry that if we were to take him, he'd end up like the early version of Marshawn Lynch before he broke out with Seattle

4 minutes ago, Aces101 said:

Chubb with Colts 1st pick and Taven Bryan with their 2nd pick?  That would shore up the defensive front with athletes with tremendous upside.

I don't think we need to do much for DT's, especially since they were a strength of the team. I'd much rather see us pick up a LB, CB, OG, or WR in the 2nd (of course depending on how FA goes).

8 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Eh I think the bust potential is HIGHER for Barkley. Not because of him though. But because of us. We have no line that opens holes. Our receivers can't block down field. I worry that if we were to take him, he'd end up like the early version of Marshawn Lynch before he broke out with Seattle

The other hurdle SB wil have is all the hype and comparisons he has received

Yeah, 3 cone definitely matters, but it's a piece of the puzzle, not the entire picture. 

Chubb has great film, great production, plays with great technique, has great size and length, and has great athleticism. He had one bad test. He's still a rock solid pass rush prospect, a top three player in this draft. 

Just now, Superman said:

Yeah, 3 cone definitely matters, but it's a piece of the puzzle, not the entire picture. 

Chubb has great film, great production, plays with great technique, has great size and length, and has great athleticism. He had one bad test. He's still a rock solid pass rush prospect, a top three player in this draft. 

The Competition is a big plus too

13 minutes ago, Aces101 said:

Chubb with Colts 1st pick and Taven Bryan with their 2nd pick?  That would shore up the defensive front with athletes with tremendous upside.

Yea lets just do this and put Andrew out there with

rb-mack

wr-Hilton & rodgers

te- doyle

ol- AC Clark kelly haeg good

that sounds like a great idea

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The OL coach in me needs a Pepcid

I know right. I'm fine with Chubb in the 1st but the next two rounds need to be dedicated to solidifying the oline and finding a young playmaker at rb or WR. We invested a lot last year with hooker, Wilson, Basham, Hankins, sheard, Simon, woods, etc. some of those guys better earn their keep. 

2 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

I know right. I'm fine with Chubb in the 1st but the next two rounds need to be dedicated to solidifying the oline and finding a young playmaker at rb or WR. We invested a lot last year with hooker, Wilson, Basham, Hankins, sheard, Simon, woods, etc. some of those guys better earn their keep. 

Feel the same way