Bradley Chubb 3-Cones at 7.37

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

If the combine was the only thing to draft a person why did some teams send skeleton crews and the NFL not invite everyone

Because this is how the NFL has standardized the process. Using the same equipment, and the same people to test all of these players in the same way. 

The information is more accurate this way. It is also more efficient, because all teams and players can be present at the same place, and at the same time. 

2 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Because this is how the NFL has standardized the process. Using the same equipment, and the same people to test all of these players in the same way. 

The information is more accurate this way. It is also more efficient, because all teams and players can be present at the same place, and at the same time. 

Stop BecausevI don’t need an explanation 

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

You can choose to ignore history all you want to..

OR

Hear me out, because this might be a tough concept for some people. You could look at what history tells us. 

Go tell me how many Edge Rushers who ran a 7.37 3-Cone have been drafted in the top 3.....

There is a reason for that. A Damn Good reason for that.

Im not ignoring history when I say the film is the single most important thing in player evaluations.  You, however, are ignoring all the prospects relevant history if you see his cone time and trash his tape because of it.

6 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

You can choose to ignore history all you want to..

OR

Hear me out, because this might be a tough concept for some people. You could look at what history tells us. 

Go tell me how many Edge Rushers who ran a 7.37 3-Cone have been drafted in the top 3.....

There is a reason for that. A Damn Good reason for that.

Not sure he classifies as an edge rushed per se but Calais Campbell ran a 7.45 and I'd take his sack production all day long.

Art

1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Im not ignoring history when I say the film is the single most important thing in player evaluations.  You, however, are ignoring all the prospects relevant history if you see his cone time and trash his tape because of it.

Film is the most important part of game preparation at almost every level

Don’t worry about this. The 3-cone is strictly a technique drill with some athleticism involved. There’s an 18 step limit you want to hit, and I doubt he did. I can vouch because my personal time dropped from 7.9 to 7.4 just from practicing the technique over and over again.

Just watch his tape if you need any consolation, he came from NC State which isn’t exactly a top school and competed against teams that were far better, including Lamar Jackson and he sacked him during the game

3 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Don’t worry about this. The 3-cone is strictly a technique drill with some athleticism involved. There’s an 18 step limit you want to hit, and I doubt he did. I can vouch because my personal time dropped from 7.9 to 7.4 just from practicing the technique over and over again.

Just watch his tape if you need any consolation, he came from NC State which isn’t exactly a top school and competed against teams that were far better, including Lamar Jackson and he sacked him during the game

Very true

no one wants to see my time

10 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

9 minutes ago, ClaytonColt said:

Not sure he classifies as an edge rushed per se but Calais Campbell ran a 7.45 and I'd take his sack production all day long.

8 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Art

Film is the most important part of game preparation at almost every level

It looks like minds are not changing here. 

So for the record, OffensivelyPC, ClaytonColt, and PrincetonTiger all believe that a 7.37, 3-Cone will have no impact on Bradley Chubb's draft stock. 

And I am saying that there is no way in Hades, that an Edge rusher who runs a 7.37, 3-Cone is going in the top 3 overall. 

That is pretty much the summary here. You are never going to change my mind on this. That is not going to happen. Obviously I am not changing yours either. 

Agree to disagree, and we can revisit this when the draft actually rolls around. 

56 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

Lol, we go from his 40 time where Twitter blows up saying he could end up a #2 overall, to his 3 cone time where now people here are saying he's no good now. Busy day in crazytown.

Same thing happened with Bosa and his 40 time.

10 minutes ago, ClaytonColt said:

He's also like 6'8 and over 300 lbs....and spent a lot of his career as 34 end or a DT.

3 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

So for the record, OffensivelyPC, ClaytonColt, and PrincetonTiger all believe that a 7.37, 3-Cone will have no impact on Bradley Chubb's draft stock. 

And I am saying that there is no way in Hades, that an Edge rusher who runs a 7.37, 3-Cone is going in the top 3 overall. 

That is pretty much the summary here. You are never going to change my mind on this. That is not going to happen. Obviously I am not changing yours either. 

Agree to disagree, and we can revisit this when the draft actually rolls around. 

You won't be here after the draft.....

Demarcus Lawrence is another one. Ran a 7.46. 

A slow time in that drill isn't helpful. Obviously. But it doesn't stop a player being an exceptional pass rusher.

You're right though. We'll have to wait and see.

Just now, ClaytonColt said:

A slow time in that drill isn't helpful. Obviously. But it doesn't stop a player being an exceptional pass rusher.

One of the reasons he went round 2

5 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

And there are times testing that are outstanding or a red flag. But everything in between isnt going to kill a players stock.

Any more the Combine is more for the fans and guys like Kiper who don’t always have access to team info than the teams

1 minute ago, ClaytonColt said:

And he was a second round player because of the times. The rule does not always apply, but mostly it is correct on predicting players careers.

We will see how things play out. :)

Just now, BlueShoe said:

And he was a second round player because of the times. The rule does not always apply, but mostly it is correct on predicting players careers.

We will see how things play out. :)

2 minutes ago, BOTT said:

One of the reasons he went round 2

Was he projected as higher pick than that before the combine?

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Any more the Combine is more for the fans and guys like Kiper who don’t always have access to team info than the teams

That is just not true. yeah the NFL has more access to these players, but they need the combine to run these drills and do all the testing. 

6 minutes ago, ClaytonColt said:

Was he projected as higher pick than that before the combine?

If he flat out smoked the 3-Cone then it would have improve his draft stock. Probably not top 3 or anything, but that kind of thing will get a player drafted higher than they would have been.

I'm not as into all of this as some of you are so I'll defer to you when it comes to the importance of the drills and how they translate to being an NFL player. To me, it seems to be forgotten that he is going to have a pro day at NC State sometime in the very near future and I'm sure if he tests well he could very well still be in the mix at # 3. I could be wrong, but I just don't see how one drill on one day of the year erases a heck of a collegiate career. I'm not saying it does or doesn't, I'm just saying it doesn't make sense to me. 

58 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I think there is a VERY good chance that Chubb will be there at No. 6 now. He might fall further than that. 

I would take Nelson over him in a heartbeat at No. 6 though. 

You can’t take a guard in the first round, not a game changer no matter how good.

7 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Didn't we make a bet or was that someone else?

I made a bet with CrazyColt. Are you in the bet too? :D 

LOL

I am going to miss you, because this is playing out exactly like I said it would. We either take Barkley or we are trading back. I have said that since week 16 of the 2017 regular season.

It is all playing out just like I thought and said it would. 

1 minute ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

I'm not as into all of this as some of you are so I'll defer to you when it comes to the importance of the drills and how they translate to being an NFL player. To me, it seems to be forgotten that he is going to have a pro day at NC State sometime in the very near future and I'm sure if he tests well he could very well still be in the mix at # 3. I could be wrong, but I just don't see how one drill on one day of the year erases a heck of a collegiate career. I'm not saying it does or doesn't, I'm just saying it doesn't make sense to me. 

Exactly how I feel

If he flat out smoked the 3-Cone ten it would have improve his draft stock. Probably not top 3 or anything, but that kind of thing will get a player drafted higher than they would have been.

No doubt. A positive set of results will always help draft stock obviously.

Him being drafted in the 2nd round wasn't caused by his combine results though. It's where he was always predicted to be even before those results.

It hasn't stopped him becoming a very effective player which is why I think you're putting too much empahis on that particular result. We will have to see though.

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

I made a bet with CrazyColt. Are you in the bet too? :D 

LOL

I am going to miss you, because this is playing out exactly like I said it would. We either take Barkley or we are trading back. I have said that since week 16 of the 2017 regular season.

It is all playing out that way too. 

How is it playing out like you said?  Barkley blew up the combine like everyone knew he would? What a game changer....

2 months before the draft and the quarterbacks havnt even had the private workouts yet. And Ballard isn't dumb enough to waste a #3 pick on a rb in 2018.

Just now, ClaytonColt said:

No doubt. A positive set of results will always help draft stock obviously.

Him being drafted in the 2nd round wasn't caused by his combine results though. It's where he was always predicted to be even before those results.

It hasn't stopped him becoming a very effective player which is why I think you're putting too much empahis on that particular result. We will have to see though.

The risk and value was weighed. In the end they undervalued him a little. 

However, a team cannot afford to overvalue a player. That is how you end up like the Browns for so many years. Although I think the Browns have the right people to change things now. 

1 hour ago, BlueShoe said:

He thinks a lot like him. They have the same kind of philosophies to build a football team. 

Disagree....

I think Ballard is far more interested if defense than Polian ever was.   Plus zbalkard is a believer in FA,  which Polian never was and still isn't.

2 minutes ago, BOTT said:

How is it playing out like you said?  Barkley blew up the combine like everyone knew he would? What a game changer....

2 months before the draft and the quarterbacks havnt even had the private workouts yet. And Ballard isn't dumb enough to waste a #3 pick on a rb in 2018.

Everyone did not know Barkley was going to blow up the combine 2 months ago. I predicted he would though. 

He is going very high in this draft. IF we do not trade back and Barkley is on the board, then he will suit up for the Indianapolis Colts. 

Now the bet we have is....If we stay at No. 3 and make a pick - I said that pick would be Barkley. I also said I think we would have many opportunities to trade back, and that trading back might be too much too pass on.

Because Ballard is a smart man, he will either take Barkley or trade back.

Now if memory servers me correctly, if we do take Barkley then you guys have to leave the forum forever. If we make a selection at No. 3 and it is not Barkley then I have to leave the forum forever. However, a trade back would create stalemate. Another way you guys lose is if Barkley is off the board before we pick. 

So basically, if Barkley gets selected in  the top 3 then you guys are calling it quits here forever.

Now keep in mind, you guys made this bet with me. I did not initiate it. But I can tell you right now that I am right, and the only thing that can save you guys is for quarterbacks to go 1 & 2 and for us to trade back. That would result in a stalemate, and we all get to stay.