Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lots of former Colts want Barkley to be drafted

IndyScribe

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

With all our needs at RB, WR, pass rush, LBers...etc... You want G at #3???

You really think Ballard, who often talks about acquiring playmakers/gamechangers will use a #3 pick on a G?

I don't.

Everyone else can think what they want, that's what opinions are for.

Chubb isnt a game changer. He is another werner. Nelson would be the better pick if barkley is gone

8 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Chubb isnt a game changer. He is another werner. Nelson would be the better pick if barkley is gone

WERNER, no!!!! that is not Chubb at all.  Werner types only come around once every few years and are only drafted by over-rated GMs that act bigger than the draft room.  Werner was a lemon, a Trent Richardson.  He came as a nasty curve-ball and we swung and missed.

4 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

WERNER, no!!!! that is not Chubb at all.  Werner types only come around once every few years and are only drafted by over-rated GMs that act bigger than the draft room.  Werner was a lemon, a Trent Richardson.  He came as a nasty curve-ball and we swung and missed.

grigson was jumping up and down and high fiving people when we took him lol

1 hour ago, Flash7 said:

So if we draft Barkley, there is no way to address the O-line?

We absolutely must draft an O-lineman in the 1st or else there is no other way to protect Luck? 

Could it be possible to acquire someone through FA or using other draft picks to address the O-line? Or does it have to be our first round pick otherwise, it's no good?

I know right...smh

56 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

I think the Giants will pick him.

Totally agree.  It's incredible how he can cut back to the other direction on a dime at light speed and make so many d-lineman whiff, it's a gift, a quasi barry sanders type freakish thing.  His east west alone are off the charts but his north south speed is scary, he can jump over people too.  Let's just be thankful that he's not going to be on an opposing AFC South team, very thankful.  Can you imagine our current defense trying to catch him?

8 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

Totally agree.  It's incredible how he can cut back to the other direction on a dime at light speed and make so many d-lineman whiff, it's a gift, a quasi barry sanders type freakish thing.  His east west alone are off the charts but his north south speed is scary, he can jump over people too.  Let's just be thankful that he's not going to be on an opposing AFC South team, very thankful.  Can you imagine our current defense trying to catch him?

No, I can't the guy is a freak of nature I think he's the best athlete in the draft. 

3 hours ago, Flash7 said:

So if we draft Barkley, there is no way to address the O-line?

We absolutely must draft an O-lineman in the 1st or else there is no other way to protect Luck? 

Could it be possible to acquire someone through FA or using other draft picks to address the O-line? Or does it have to be our first round pick otherwise, it's no good?

Yes & No.

NO:

If we draft Barkley at #3 there's NO WAY we can address the OL or DEFENSE. It's Impossible.

YES:

But(to the bolded) if we draft Chubb at #3 WE CAN address the OL & DEFENSE in rounds 2-7.

I really don't understand it, its obviously too complicated for me. But fortunately many on here do understand it.

I'm not going to complain:  Barkley,  Chubb, Nelson, or trade back as late as Miami (for picks plus landry).  We need so much at this point that virtually anything, short of an outright bust, will make us better, and make Ballard look like GM of the year.......

3 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

You know a GM is making a bad 1st round signing when the guy doesn't even speak native English.

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Lol that be the worst case scenerio. Real worst case is if browns take barkley first giants take chubb

I hadn't thought of that, but in my opinion, I don't think Barkley wants to play for the Browns based on my impressions of the interviews. I could be reading too much  into it, but I don't think the Browns are going to take him if they know he'd rather play in New York, his hometown.

21 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Giants are a mystery because they could go several different ways. I have a feeling though they go QB. Reason being is Eli has maybe 1 or 2 years left, he already looks Bad. They have nobody on their Roster that will be the future. Browns could take Barkley at #1 but if they have their mind set on a certain QB, they wont risk it because the Giants could snag who they want and we could even trade down to someone who takes another QB.

Methinks you missed his point.

12 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

I'm stunned there's anyone left who DOESNT want Barkley.

Too bad we screwed ourselves out of the chance to draft him though.

Browns MUST take we the QB first..

He'll be there at '3' and we should pass.

............................. we need defenders

22 minutes ago, Aluckiswolverine said:

There are so many other needs on this team besides RB. I think that is the hang up. Quality DE are hard to come by. 

I understand that.  It's easy to get caught up with current needs, especially when we have so many glaring ones.  I just don't see how you can pass up on a truly elite talent when you have the opportunity.  Chubb is a very nice player but lets face it, his stock is being a bit inflated because a) it's a down year for top talent, and b) he's an edge rusher.  While it does suck to miss out on him, so be it.  I'd also be upset about not getting Nelson or Smith.  That's just the way it goes, we can only choose one.

Like Ballard says, we need difference makers.  I don't care what position they play.  There's no bigger difference maker than Barkley in this class.  You say quality DEs are hard to come by, which is true.  But talents like Barkley are even harder to come by.

21 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

I'm stunned there's anyone left who DOESNT want Barkley.

Too bad we screwed ourselves out of the chance to draft him though.

I'll be stunned if we don't trade back with the Jets and grab Nasty Nelson at # 6 and then go HAM with all those picks we would accumulate. 

If your gonna pick a need at 3 you better hope the said player turns out to be a dominant force, especially after passing up the most freakish rb to ever come out of college.  Heck, 8-10 sacks a yr can not justify this pick so you better tune in tomorrow to analyze Mr Chubb one more time Cuz I don’t see anything special on tape.  For Mr Barkley, 233 lbs running a 4.41 benching 225lbs 29 reps, hi jump, cone drill & most importantly killing the interviews is what I call special!  

1 minute ago, NDcolt said:

If your gonna pick a need at 3 you better hope the said player turns out to be a dominant force, especially after passing up the most freakish rb to ever come out of college.  Heck, 8-10 sacks a yr can not justify this pick so you better tune in tomorrow to analyze Mr Chubb one more time Cuz I don’t see anything special on tape.  For Mr Barkley, 233 lbs running a 4.41 benching 225lbs 29 reps, hi jump, cone drill & most importantly killing the interviews is what I call special!  

Who wants Chubb ? Nelson is the man that will be blocking at a high level for 10+ years.

4 minutes ago, NDcolt said:

1. Who says Barkley will be at 3

2. A RB can only do so much

3. Who knows how FA will go