Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How good was Nate Hairston?

ColtsBlitz

44 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

Thought he was great last season, played well above his selection and could be a very strong piece for us for years to come. The safety was the play that made me properly sit up and notice. Great stuff.

Ps happy 500th post to me! :cheer:

He had several solid games earlier in the season. And got chewed up badly in many games after.
Gotta love a Homer.
His season PFF rating was 48.5 Poor.   I hated seeing it was that bad.
A better pass rush will help. I wish him GL in yr 2.

28 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

He had several solid games earlier in the season. And got chewed up badly in many games after.
Gotta love a Homer.

Am I seeing this correctly?

The man who claims PFF grades are garbage and worthless now uses them to trash a Colts player?

Well....    how convenient!

They're garbage when you disagree with them and quotable when you agree with them!  

That's impressive!     :thmup:

3 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

Thought he was great last season, played well above his selection and could be a very strong piece for us for years to come. The safety was the play that made me properly sit up and notice. Great stuff.

Ps happy 500th post to me! :cheer:

Well, with Geathers back there with him were and talented back there.

4 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Gotta love a Homer.

He had 1 (Jax) or 2 games where he looked bad.

For a rookie from a relatively small football school (Temple University), coming out of the 5th round, he performed very well.  

He isn't afraid to tackle, which I like, and he is very athletic.  He also seems to have good football IQ.

As you elude to, a better pass rush (and overall defense) will only help him as he grows.  I expect him to be around for a while... maybe our Darius Butler, Jr.

9 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Gotta love a Homer.

You will need to remind me what games he was "chewed up badly" in. :dunno:

I didn't say he was an all pro, in my opinion he played well above his 5th round status and played very well when called upon. That to me is a great rookie season and plenty to build on.

Ps @NewColtsFan I actually laughed out loud at your PFF based response to BBZ! haha

15 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

You will need to remind me what games he was "chewed up badly" in. :dunno:

I didn't say he was an all pro, in my opinion he played well above his 5th round status and played very well when called upon. That to me is a great rookie season and plenty to build on.

Ps @NewColtsFan I actually laughed out loud at your PFF based response to BBZ! haha

I think in one game in December,  Hairston gave up two TD's...     I know it was written about that he had a few bad games in a short window....

I know his overall grade was poor....    but that's not that uncommon for a rookie.    On balance,  I'm much more encouraged than I am discouraged wtih Hairston....

As for BBZ....     well, he and I have had a lot of back and forth over PFF....     I'll just be diplomatic and says he's definitely NOT a fan.     Until this......    very special post of his!        :thmup:

11 hours ago, will426 said:

You sure that’s accurate? Last twelve years? Could’ve sworn chris Harris jr went like 2 years without giving up a Td before he became a household name 

Thought Chris Harris stuck with playing outside? Vontae went like a year and a half without allowing one they are just talking about Nickle though.

I believe pff grades some positions much better than others. CB I don't think they do well. They aren't taking into account when a player has another locked down in coverage and a QB never throws their way. I would rather have a cornerback completely taking a player out of play then getting thrown at but having pdf

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 5:20 PM, throwing BBZ said:

Gotta love a Homer.

So he balled out when we played a lot of zone went down hill once we went started playing much more man coverage good sign for next .

On 2/25/2018 at 12:39 PM, twfish said:

Thought Chris Harris stuck with playing outside? Vontae went like a year and a half without allowing one they are just talking about Nickle though.

I believe pff grades some positions much better than others. CB I don't think they do well. They aren't taking into account when a player has another locked down in coverage and a QB never throws their way. I would rather have a cornerback completely taking a player out of play then getting thrown at but having pdf

No he can play outside as well but he’s def plays the slot more often but I agree with you on them not grading well. Nonetheless glad Hairston is on our side haha 

On 2/24/2018 at 11:56 PM, will426 said:

You sure that’s accurate? Last twelve years? Could’ve sworn chris Harris jr went like 2 years without giving up a Td before he became a household name 

Chris Harris plays outside. It says slot players in the last 12 years.