Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Florio still maintains agenda....

Jackie Daytona

Still pushing the Anti-Irsay wagon hard.....  Did Jim kick his son's dog or something?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/06/mcdaniels-decided-to-stay-put-with-no-promises-or-commitments-from-patriots/

Stating it as fact that it has more to do with not being able to work with Irsay, which has been refuted by most league sources.....  weird that he's still barking up that tree...

He’s had a very public spat with Irsay in the past. I actually remember a day where he didn’t dislike us the way he does now. He wasn’t brimming with love for us, but there wasn’t the agenda against us either. 

That said, however, what if there are legs to this?

If you don’t at least consider that it’s actually legitimate you’re only fooling yourself. Florio was one of the first to bring up the fact that McDaniels was having second thoughts and possibly backing out. 

Now he’s giving us a specific reason and we’re just doubting him based on dislike? 

Get real.

He’s obviously getting good info on this situation, and he has been all along. Don’t dismiss this. 

I really like Jim Irsay. Really, I do. 

But if this doesn’t at least make you wonder about him you’re Colts colored glasses are too small and restricting the blood flow to your brain. 

28 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

He’s had a very public spat with Irsay in the past. I actually remember a day where he didn’t dislike us the way he does now. He wasn’t brimming with love for us, but there wasn’t the agenda against us either. 

If you don’t at least consider that it’s actually legitimate you’re only fooling yourself. Florio was one of the first to bring up the fact that McDaniels was having second thoughts and possibly backing out. 

Now he’s giving us a specific reason and we’re just doubting him based on dislike? 

Get real.

He’s obviously getting good info on this situation, and he has been all along. Don’t dismiss this. 

But if this doesn’t at least make you wonder about him you’re Colts colored glasses are too small and restricting the blood flow to your brain. 

He lost credibility with me over his coverage of our forums following resting the starters.

The board was imploding and after an extensive period of venting, multiple threads about the same thing......etc, the volunteer mods tried to reign in the chaos.

Florio wrote that the Colts told fans that they couldn't talk about resting the starters. I mean he said that it was their official policy. 

It wasn't true but that didn't stop him from saying it was.

I still don't believe what he says regardless of whether he's occasionally correct. 

2 minutes ago, Nadine said:

He lost credibility with me over his coverage of our forums following resting the starters.

The board was imploding and after an extensive period of venting, multiple threads about the same thing......etc, the volunteer mods tried to reign in the chaos.

Florio wrote that the Colts told fans that they couldn't talk about resting the starters. I mean he said that it was their official policy. 

I still don't believe what he says regardless of whether he's occasionally correct. 

I agree this board is over moderated 

13 minutes ago, Nadine said:

He still lacks credibility overall, and his opinionated and often one-sided take on news usually lacks any real substance, but someone is feeding him info here. Someone within the Patriots (whom he has a fondness for) organization. Someone who has only fed him good info. 

Where it it comes to McDaniels and the Colts he now has undeniable credibility. 

2 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Get real.

I have dealt with countless folks who have worked for, with, or in conjunction with Irsay over the years for various projects he supported.

I have never heard anything but kind and wonderful words for the man. He is well liked among his peers in the NFL, community, and media. 

He is honest, caring, and flawed in some areas.

If McDaniels has an issue working with a Irsay, it isn’t Irsay who is the problem.

3 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

I have dealt with countless folks who have worked for, with, or in conjunction with Irsay over the years for various projects he supported.

I have never heard anything but kind and wonderful words for the man. He is well liked among his peers in the NFL, community, and media. 

If McDaniels has an issue working with a Irsay, it isn’t Irsay who is the problem.

Sure. Irsay is a really great guy by and large. 

But what’s going on on 56th street and behind the closed doors that we don’t see?

Being a good philanthropist is great, but it doesn’t mean there aren’t things going on that we don’t see that could be causing problems. 

17 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

But what’s going on on 56th street and behind the closed doors that we don’t see?

Being a good philanthropist is great, but it doesn’t mean there aren’t things going on that we don’t see that could be causing problems. 

There are no rumors of any discord in the organization. There have only been three total losing seasons since Jim took over as owner.

Its a media myth that Irsay is a loose cannon all because he suffers from a disease. All indications are he doesn’t interfere with day to day operations of football.

He is paying for the funeral of the Uber driver who was killed.

10 hours ago, IndySouthsider said:

There are no rumors of any discord in the organization. There have only been three total losing seasons since Jim took over as owner.

Its a media myth that Irsay is a loose cannon all because he suffers from a disease. All indications are he doesn’t interfere with day to day operations of football.

He is paying for the funeral of the Uber driver who was killed.

Unfortunately the garbage he spouts about Jim is skewered as fact all over the place now. I corrected one simpleton  on Twitter who was spouting all that nonsense as fact today. 

13 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Some of the best and most respected people in and out of the football world have either worked for or worked with Jim Irsay and I have yet to find any of them that had anything negative to say about him.

Yes Jim does have faults just like any person may have but suggesting there is something going on we don't see that may be causing problems serves what purpose for you?

13 hours ago, IndySouthsider said:

Maybe McDaniels bought into some pile of horse dung that Kraft was shoveling?

17 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Get real.

The reports have been McDaniels backed out after a meeting with Kraft and B.B.  That doesn’t point to distrust as Irsay as it does the Pats made a major sale job to get him to stay.  

15 hours ago, John Waylon said:

If you believe Tony Dungy and Bill Polian who have been behind those doors Irsay is as good of an owner as you can find in the NFL.

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

The reports have been McDaniels backed out after a meeting with Kraft and B.B.  That doesn’t point to distrust as Irsay as it does the Pats made a major sale job to get him to stay.  

This assumes that Kraft and B.B. had good things to say about NE, but it negates the possibility that they severely badmouthed Irsay and the Colts. Kraft could have, and most likely did, say bad things about Irsay specifically to get McDaniels to change his mind, thus making Florio correct. That’s a possibility.

7 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

This assumes that Kraft and B.B. had good things to say about NE, but it negates the possibility that they severely badmouthed Irsay and the Colts. Kraft could have, and most likely did, say bad things about Irsay specifically to get McDaniels to change his mind, thus making Florio correct. That’s a possibility.

I am sure they did, however up until then the report was he was committed to coming.  So I don’t think he was sitting around thinking about Irsay like Florio would have you believe.  They got him behind closed doors and changed his mind.  That was the major factor here not doubts about Irsay like Florio is saying.  

23 hours ago, Larry Horseman said:

He is actually a Vikings fan, but he does indeed hate Irsay for some reason. 

That is the first time I have read/heard that he is  Vikings fan. I always thought he was a Pats fan, as his articles always seem to be pro-Patriots. Among Vikes fans, he has the reputation for "making up stories" and presenting them as fact. I am not a fan of his.

17 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

I agree this board is over moderated 

I like it that way. That is probably why it is one of the best forums out there, IMO.

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:42 AM, John Waylon said:

Just because I don't buy into what some media hack said to draw more hits to himself does not make me stupid. My blood flow to my brain is just fine.

Keep in mind florio is also bashing Lamonte for dropping McDaniels and not siding with his client in an "Oh well, stuff happens" regard in reference to backing out of Colts job. Florio is a buffoon and clearly has an agenda.

On a side note, from what I have read and like most it's been a lot recently. The only ones who are siding with what has happened with JM and Colts are Florio, Tom Curran and all the Pats apologists and jaded Pats fans. 

The rest of creation knows this was a garbage deal.