Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck in 2018

lance_m8

It makes most Colts fans happy that we have #12 still up our sleeve for next year that is going to have fresh legs and a stronger arm than ever (hopefully). Personally one thing I have wished AL had is that dog win or die mindset that the NFL is his league. He has had a year away from the game he loves I believe he comes back with a mindset that the Colts are his Team the NFL is his league and that Lombardi Trophy belongs to Indianapolis. Andrew Luck will blow the league away next year single handedly taking us to a 13-3 record and a bye round with 4,237 yards 43 touchdowns 9 ints winning the MVP trophy and taking the torch from Brady as the leagues current best QB. Optimism is key being a Colts fan especially being on this forum but I can see Luck going off next year.

11 minutes ago, lance_m8 said:

It makes most Colts fans happy that we have #12 still up our sleeve for next year that is going to have fresh legs and a stronger arm than ever (hopefully). Personally one thing I have wished AL had is that dog win or die mindset that the NFL is his league. He has had a year away from the game he loves I believe he comes back with a mindset that the Colts are his Team the NFL is his league and that Lombardi Trophy belongs to Indianapolis. Andrew Luck will blow the league away next year single handedly taking us to a 13-3 record and a bye round with 4,237 yards 43 touchdowns 9 ints winning the MVP trophy and taking the torch from Brady as the leagues current best QB. Optimism is key being a Colts fan especially being on this forum but I can see Luck going off next year.

you know i'm glad that your being positive about Luck because even tho Luck stated in his own words he doesn't need surgery and hell be ready to go this year you still have plenty of doubters on this form. That being said i concur what you say and believe if a few off-season things go our way this year we just might be dangerous

33 minutes ago, lance_m8 said:

Oh the eternal optimism of youth.  lol 

Your expectations may be a bit unreasonable for a guy just coming back from shoulder surgery.  It would be quite a fairy tale season though if your dream comes to fruition.  Stay young my friend.

8 minutes ago, bleed blue 4 life said:

well we better get the man some guys who an catch the ball and guys who can block in the offseason , I for one am not sure how his health is , I am not sure anyone noticed him on the sidelines besides me but he was doing everything lefthanded

I've noticed that too.  Even little things like adjusting his hat was done with the left hand.  Things that naturally you just do with your dominant hand he wasn't doing with his.  I'm hoping that was just his new norm since he couldn't use his right post surgery for awhile.

25 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Your expectations may be a bit unreasonable for a guy just coming back from shoulder surgery.  It would be quite a fairy tale season though if your dream comes to fruition.  Stay young my friend.

Luck has done some crazy things now he will have a new drive to prove he owns this league fairytales do happen. Trying to stay young just reached the age of adulthood last year time flies

25 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

His numbers were pretty good (fairly close to the OP's optimistic projections) with a jacked up shoulder in 2016, a healthy shoulder and a confident Luck in that shoulder, I don't see why those numbers would be out of reach.  The INTs are a little low, IMO, but with the right coaching and a safer offense (less downfield throws) even that is plausible.

7 minutes ago, MR. Blueblood said:

His numbers were pretty good (fairly close to the OP's optimistic projections) with a jacked up shoulder in 2016, a healthy shoulder and a confident Luck in that shoulder, I don't see why those numbers would be out of reach.  The INTs are a little low, IMO, but with the right coaching and a safer offense (less downfield throws) even that is plausible.

Many people also forget that if we didn't choke 2 games to the Texans in 2016 we would've been in the playoffs this team is not far from being Playoff Contenders chuck lost us about 3 games on his own this year we easily could've been a 7  ish win team without our QB and a young team with a shaky oline

25 minutes ago, MR. Blueblood said:

I've noticed that too.  Even little things like adjusting his hat was done with the left hand.  Things that naturally you just do with your dominant hand he wasn't doing with his.  I'm hoping that was just his new norm since he couldn't use his right post surgery for awhile.

I know a guy who broke his dominant hand and had to learn to do everything with his left hand and still to this day years later he will do little things with his non dominant hand even writing one day he will write with left hand and some with right your body gets used to it I wouldn't be too concerned

28 minutes ago, lance_m8 said:

I know a guy who broke his dominant hand and had to learn to do everything with his left hand and still to this day years later he will do little things with his non dominant hand even writing one day he will write with left hand and some with right your body gets used to it I wouldn't be too concerned

I broke my right hand back in highschool and to this day still do little things like hold a drink and pick things up with my left.

2 hours ago, lance_m8 said:

A stronger arm than ever (hopefully) -- and I will win the Powerball lottery this year (hopefully). I understand why the owner of the Colts whose business depends on Luck's good health would spout such stuff, but have no idea why anyone else would. Luck will hopefully play again, but he's not the Bionic Man.

7 hours ago, azcolt said:

A stronger arm than ever (hopefully) -- and I will win the Powerball lottery this year (hopefully). I understand why the owner of the Colts whose business depends on Luck's good health would spout such stuff, but have no idea why anyone else would. Luck will hopefully play again, but he's not the Bionic Man.

if the super glue holds he will be as good as new

So let me see if I'm following correctly....

We don't know who the head coach is...

We dont know who the OC is..

We don't know who the OL coach will be...

We don't know who the new O-lineman will be...

We don't know who the rest of the new offensive weapons will be...

We don't even know how healthy Luck will be....

But Luck is going to set personal bests for most TDs,  fewest interceptions, lead the Colts to a 13-3 record and win the Super Bowl?

Did I miss anything?    Do I have it all correct?

OK.   Just wanted to make sure.

Carry on!    Have fun!

Dilly Dilly!!      :colts:

10 hours ago, csmopar said:

not sure this comment couldn't have gone in the mega thread........

Yeah. Let's just mega-thread everything. The board is just crawling with activity these days. 

We need to consolidate more threads. 

I think by consolidating more threads, this team can become a Super Bowl contender. 

10 hours ago, lance_m8 said:

Just throwing this out for kicks. (Not commenting or expecting AL to do this):

Brooks Robinson is recognized as the Greatest Third Baseman of All Time. He was The Human Vaccuum Cleaner.  Most don’t realize- he’s Left-Handed.  Came to the Majors as a left handed 2nd baseman in 1955.  Had to learn to throw right handed AFTER he made the Major Leagues, so he could play 3rd Base....  

Actually anything is possible. If the Rams who flat out sucked can then go 11-5 with a rookie headcoach and Jared Goff at QB then we can do the same thing. Nobody in their right mind would think Goff is better than a healthy Luck. Not 1 person in here had the Rams winning more than 5 games either. If they did I want to see a copy of your Post. Also the year before nobody in here had Atlanta making the SB and they dominated the NFC.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

So let me see if I'm following correctly....

We don't know who the head coach is...

We dont know who the OC is..

We don't know who the OL coach will be...

We don't know who the new O-lineman will be...

We don't know who the rest of the new offensive weapons will be...

We don't even know how healthy Luck will be....

But Luck is going to set personal bests for most TDs,  fewest interceptions, lead the Colts to a 13-3 record and win the Super Bowl?

Did I miss anything?    Do I have it all correct?

OK.   Just wanted to make sure.

Carry on!    Have fun!

Dilly Dilly!!      :colts:

Dilly Dilly!!!

47 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Yeah. Let's just mega-thread everything. The board is just crawling with activity these days. 

I think by consolidating more threads, this team can become a Super Bowl contender. 

BlueShoe for new head coach, he will lead us to the Super Bowl! @BlueShoe, What would be your tactics to get us there?

11 hours ago, MR. Blueblood said:

How many into did luck thrown in 03

Thanks for being optimistic. I know the expectation is deservedly high in Indianapolis in the aftermath of the Manning era, but a lot of what is posted on this forum is far too negative. There's so much to look forward to and so much potential to be a contender next season. With a healthy Luck and a game-changer from that 3rd pick/trade down, plus development of the already young roster the Colts had, this team should be much, much improved.

3 hours ago, DraftMaster said:

BlueShoe for new head coach, he will lead us to the Super Bowl! @BlueShoe, What would be your tactics to get us there?

I would matriculate the ball down the field! :D 

I would make it a focal point to spend 2 of our top 4 picks on the offensive line, every single year. Then go BPA with the rest of the picks.

5 hours ago, jimmy g said:

Just throwing this out for kicks. (Not commenting or expecting AL to do this):

Brooks Robinson is recognized as the Greatest Third Baseman of All Time. He was The Human Vaccuum Cleaner.  Most don’t realize- he’s Left-Handed.  Came to the Majors as a left handed 2nd baseman in 1955.  Had to learn to throw right handed AFTER he made the Major Leagues, so he could play 3rd Base....  

So, luck is going to learn to throw a football left handed? I see you were just throwing it out for kicks. I'm one of the doubters. I think it was a really bad sign that luck was unable to return this season and I don't think he will ever return to form. Hope im wrong.

On 1/7/2018 at 8:02 AM, Coltsman1788 said:

Drew Brees had nearly 4,500 yards his first season in NO after coming back from the shoulder surgery.  They had a new coach in Sean Peyton and went from 3-13 to 10-6.  Looks like this fairy tale nearly happened for another guy and team so what makes this so hard to believe?  Anything is possible.  Not really sure why his optimism makes him young?

13 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

I hate mega threads....Once topic gets megathreaded I stop following......

13 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Drew Brees had nearly 4,500 yards his first season in NO after coming back from the shoulder surgery.  They had a new coach in Sean Peyton and went from 3-13 to 10-6.  Looks like this fairy tale nearly happened for another guy and team so what makes this so hard to believe?  Anything is possible.  Not really sure why his optimism makes him young?

The poster is young comparatively speaking to me. I detected the lack of aged jadedness in his post and confirmed before posting. His optimism is refreshing but the cards are stacked against Luck having that kind of season coming off shoulder surgery.  Those wonderful numbers would be career bests for Luck...there is no basis to expect him to perform to that level immediately upon his return.  People holding him to that expectation might be setting themselves up for disappointment.  Just have to see how it goes and hope for the best. 

5 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

The poster is young comparatively speaking to me. I detected the lack of aged jadedness in his post and confirmed before posting. His optimism is refreshing but the cards are stacked against Luck having that kind of season in his first season back from shoulder surgery.  Those wonderful numbers would be career bests for Luck...there is no basis to expect him to perform to that level immediately upon his return.  People holding him to that expectation might be setting themselves up for disappointment.  Just have to see how it goes and hope for the best. 

Many would say the same about the example I gave you with Brees and the Saints in 2006.  Plus, when a poster starts by talking about the optimism of what he posted I would not say he is setting himself up for disappointment.  He mentions the optimistic side not fact or reality.  Seems like you just prefer to rain on parades. 

1 hour ago, DaColts85 said:

Many would say the same about the example I gave you with Brees and the Saints in 2006.  Plus, when a poster starts by talking about the optimism of what he posted I would not say he is setting himself up for disappointment.  He mentions the optimistic side not fact or reality.  Seems like you just prefer to rain on parades. 

No rain I just prefer to remain grounded in reality.  If fans want to expect 40+ TD's and 4,500 passing yards in Luck's first year back from shoulder injury and without reassurance yet from him or Ballard that he is 100% good to go for next year by all means carry on.  I will temper my expectations of Luck and give him some leeway to work himself back into form if necessary.

If  we play this offseason right and Luck is actually HEALTHY, we could be a 13-3 team....Even with Brissett I think we can be good with better coaching and development.....I think Brissett can be a top 10 QB in time....Kid is 24 and  1 season under his belt basically....

3 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Me too. I am not reading through a hundred-plus post mega thread. 

It's a way to quickly lose interest.

Kinda ruins the forum in my opinion.....Let threads die on their own....The all colts hc mega thread hasn't had a response in a day.......

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

No rain I just prefer to remain grounded in reality.  If fans want to expect 40+ TD's and 4,500 passing yards in Luck's first year back from shoulder injury and without reassurance yet from him or Ballard that he is 100% good to go for next year by all means carry on.  I will temper my expectations of Luck and give him some leeway to work himself back into form if necessary.

Again, he never said anything about exact expectations.  He mentions optimism and that is all.