Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is this an early HC tell?

Indeee

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

It won't be for DC he's being interviewed for HC can't make a lateral move he's already a DC

1 minute ago, Indeee said:

Then roto wrote it wrong as it clearly says for Colts DC position

Well here's the thing. Albert Breer tweeted saying they were granted permission to talk to Vrabel. You only need permission from the team (assuming that's who they got permission from) for the same position (I believe).

If it's a head coaching interview, I don't think you actually need the teams permission.

Could be wrong though. 

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

I am no too sure that is correct. There has been plenty of coordinators leave one team to take the same job on other teams.

I'm 100% sure it's not for the DC job why would the interview for that when we don't have a HC the team has to allow you to leave you contract to take the same position with another team and I'm sure O'Brien wants to keep his DC since he's supposedly safe for next year 

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I am no too sure that is correct. There has been plenty of coordinators leave one team to take the same job on other teams.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Roto is mistaken.     It's either a typo or the person who wrote that doesn't understand the rules.  

The Colts are NOT interviewing anyone to be our DC now.    All the interviews are for head coach.

4 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Well here's the thing. Albert Breer tweeted saying they were granted permission to talk to Vrabel. You only need permission from the team (assuming that's who they got permission from) for the same position (I believe).

If it's a head coaching interview, I don't think you actually need the teams permission.

Could be wrong though. 

8 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Prolly a typo can't leave a team forbthe same position 

9 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

It won't be for DC he's being interviewed for HC can't make a lateral move he's already a DC

Here's the rules folks, amazing what a 10 second google search can do....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2017/1/10/14038902/nfl-teams-hiring-new-head-coach-must-follow-rules

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'm 100% sure it's not for the DC job why would the interview for that when we don't have a HC the team has to allow you to leave you contract to take the same position with another team and I'm sure O'Brien wants to keep his DC since he's supposedly safe for next year 

Just maybe Ballard is going to pick the coordinators?  I don't know but my response to you was you said a coordinator cant leave for the same position. No more. no less.

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just maybe Ballard is going to pick the coordinators?  I don't know but my response to you was you said a coordinator cant leave for the same position. No more. no less.

That would make the job far less desirable.

It's obviously a typo. For it to be accurate, two very uncommon situations would have to be true in this case.

First, teams don't interview for coordinator jobs until they've hired a head coach, unless they are the Cowboys.

Second, teams don't give assistant coaches permission to interview for assistant positions, especially inside the division. 

16 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Prolly a typo can't leave a team forbthe same position 

"Teams can interview any assistant coaches from other teams who are not in the playoffs. They must, however, request permission if a coach is under contract with another team.

Teams can block a candidate from interviewing for a position that would be a lateral move, but can’t stop assistant coaches from interviewing for a position that is a promotion."

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

"Teams can interview any assistant coaches from other teams who are not in the playoffs. They must, however, request permission if a coach is under contract with another team.

Teams can block a candidate from interviewing for a position that would be a lateral move, but can’t stop assistant coaches from interviewing for a position that is a promotion."

Read supermans post 

20 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Just now, csmopar said:

You know exactly what I meant quit beingva # stick 

3 minutes ago, BOTT said:

I was referring to Ballard picking the coordinators.  Not that it has any chance of happening.

I know. That was a two part comment. The agreement that in reference to Ballard picking coordinators and the typo comment was directed towards the OP 

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

You know exactly what I meant quit beingva # stick 

I just simply quoted what you falsely claimed and then quoted the actual correct rule. If you wanna resort to name calling, that's fine. By all means go ahead

8 minutes ago, Superman said:

It's obviously a typo. For it to be accurate, two very uncommon situations would have to be true in this case.

First, teams don't interview for coordinator jobs until they've hired a head coach, unless they are the Cowboys.

Second, teams don't give assistant coaches permission to interview for assistant positions, especially inside the division. 

Agree that it would be putting the cart before the horse if they are actually interviewing coordinators prior to hiring a coach but to your second point , they could interview him for DC in they included the title Assistant HC, correct?

24 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Have they formally fired Ted yet?

Could be wrong but I don't think any of the assistants have been fired yet. Most if not all probably will be. But hasn't happened yet. Ballard and Irsay are probably going to let the new coach decide if he wants to keep anyone.

10 minutes ago, csmopar said:

The Colts can call Vrabel the Super Duper Defensive Coordinator = promotion

4 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Agree that it would be putting the cart before the horse if they are actually interviewing coordinators prior to hiring a coach but to your second point , they could interview him for DC in they included the title Assistant HC, correct?

Nope. Assistant is assistant. The current team would have to give permission.

And I dislike part of that, because position coach to coordinator is not a lateral move, but teams block their assistants from interviewing for coordinator positions all the time. The Packers have been blocking Alex Van Pelt, their QB coach, from interviewing for coordinator jobs for a couple years. And that especially sucks for him because even if he eventually becomes the Packers OC, McCarthy still calls the plays.