Luck Seeking Treatment for Shoulder in Europe

John Waylon

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

According to both Mike Wells and Mort Andrew is over in Europe seeking treatment on his shoulder. 

Seems pretty out of the ordinary to me...

(I'm on mobile so I can't post sources, sorry.)

Some stem cells and HGH gonna get that shoulder 100% :cash:

Yeah.....    at this point, there is no way to spin ths positively....

He's not getting the results he wants/needs here in America,  so he has to go to Europe hoping to find what he's looking for.

We can't rule out that he will find the solution for the shoulder.     Plenty of athletes have gone to Europe and found alternative treatment there......     but all we can do is hope.... and wait.....

Sucks for Andrew.     Sucks for the Colts.     Sucks for us....

We may have to consider drafting a Quarterback in April.....

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21377935/indianapolis-colts-qb-andrew-luck-europe-seeking-treatment-right-shoulder

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, like I posted earlier. Kobe went to Germany to get his knees treated and it prolonged his career.

I also agree this is a good thing. Personally I am not too worried about him going over there and getting treatment. It's not an unusual thing.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nah, some athlete's go out of the country for treatment. I wont be in panic mode until the Draft because if we take a QB in April then we know something is wrong.

Either way I am not too sure if the Colts would draft a QB in the draft. That will depend on how well Brisett does the rest of the season.

Nah, some athlete's go out of the country for treatment. I wont be in panic mode until the Draft because if we take a QB in April then we know something is wrong.

Hopefully all goes well, but I'm not digging this honestly.

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Don't worry about it. It's not unusual. It more than likely added 3 years on Manning's career.

I'm also hoping it's for an alternative treatment. I'm just sick of this like all of us are.

I'm just having visions of a broken looking Luck taking the field next September.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think everyone is a tad worried. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little worried but Star athlete's going out of the country to seek treatment isn't unusual.

I'm not a panicer (is that a word??) in general and it seems like every day an article comes out about his shoulder.

Next season can't get here soon enough.

My main fear is if he's not the same how we'll have to hear how we ruined a once in a generation QB for years to come.

2 minutes ago, IinD said:

I'm not a panicer (is that a word??) in general and it seems like every day an article comes out about his shoulder.

Next season can't get here soon enough.

My main fear is if he's not the same how we'll have to hear how we ruined a once in a generation QB for years to come.

Yeah it's going to be a long year and the media wont let up either.

At every step of the way, the timing has just been horrendous. I've got more questions now than I did yesterday.. Where's the GM now?

Ballard at every opportunity used the caveat "we haven't gotten that, not yet" regarding the question of will he be able to play again- context being no doctors said that his long term out look might not involve a full recovery.

I have to imagine that more surgery is pretty likely, if the Euro medicine doesn't pan out (which I'm not sure why it would, but alternative medicine is a thing and I'm not going to pretend to know anything about it- other than it's done and Athletes in rough spots give it a go.).

I'm trying to be optimistic here, but there's a real chance that the worst case scenario is staring us in the face.

Here's hoping JB keeps getting better, because I don't think there's any QB's in this class that are anything close enough to justify a high pick- and we're going to have that pick. 

Barf.

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

At every step of the way, the timing has just been horrendous. I've got more questions now than I did yesterday.. Where's the GM now?

Ballard at every opportunity used the caveat "we haven't gotten that, not yet" regarding the question of will he be able to play again- context being no doctors said that his long term out look might not involve a full recovery.

I have to imagine that more surgery is pretty likely, if the Euro medicine doesn't pan out (which I'm not sure why it would, but alternative medicine is a thing and I'm not going to pretend to know anything about it- other than it's done and Athletes in rough spots give it a go.).

I'm trying to be optimistic here, but there's a real chance that the worst case scenario is staring us in the face.

Here's hoping JB keeps getting better, because I don't think there's any QB's in this class that are anything close enough to justify a high pick- and we're going to have that pick. 

Barf.

I feel exactly the same. I'm in the wth mind set. I don't know what to think or feel honestly.

Are they trying this to see if it may accelerate things or because they have no other answers left and he's essentially broken in a football sense?

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Barf.

I have always labeled Brissett just a Great backup and maybe he could start for 3 or 4 bad teams but he may be better than that actually. I want to see how he plays in these last 7 games. The Steelers game will be a great measuring stick for him because they usually blow us out.

I have always labeled Brissett just a Great backup and maybe he could start for 3 or 4 bad teams but he may be better than that actually. I want to see how he plays in these last 7 games. The Steelers game will be a great measuring stick for him because they usually blow us out.

The thing about a QB getting through his first year is normally they do get better their second. Hopefully we won't have to see.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think you might want to start really evaluating his long term ceiling..

I don't think he's got top 5 in him, but I think he's top half of the NFL with experience and some help.

Not what I want, but I think I'd stick with him as opposed to pull one these guys early in the draft. They all look shaky at best to me. Darnold is the only one who I think will be okay eventually and I doubt he'll be a polished player at any point.

6 minutes ago, IinD said:

I feel exactly the same. I'm in the wth mind set. I don't know what to think or feel honestly.

Are they trying this to see if it may accelerate things or because they have no other answers left and he's essentially broken in a football sense?

I'd wager it's to try and regenerate the ancillary damage done from trying to play through the tear. Probably some funky stem cell stuff.

Acceleration to determine where they're at sooner than later on the more surgery front is my 100% unofficial, I don't know anything, guess.

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

I think you might want to start really evaluating his long term ceiling..

I don't think he's got top 5 in him, but I think he's top half of the NFL with experience and some help.

Not what I want, but I think I'd stick with him as opposed to pull one these guys early in the draft. They all look shaky at best to me. Darnold is the only one who I think will be okay eventually and I doubt he'll be a polished player at any point.

I think Luck will get healthy but I would definitely keep Brissett around for insurance because like I said at worse he's a Great backup. He eventually could even be a Good starter, not sure on that yet?? He has shown signs of playing good at times so far.

Hmmm...Now I wonder if Irsay/Ballard really did lie about Luck back when they signed Brissett! One of them quoted, "We have really big things planned for Brissett for the future." They must have known AL wouldnt be back for a long time. Read what you will into the quote, but just another Cornspiracy!!!

11 minutes ago, IndyEric07 said:

Hmmm...Now I wonder if Irsay/Ballard really did lie about Luck back when they signed Brissett! One of them quoted, "We have really big things planned for Brissett for the future." They must have known AL wouldnt be back for a long time. Read what you will into the quote, but just another Cornspiracy!!!

I don't think either lied, Irsay could've been going by what the doctors were saying or even maybe what Luck was saying in private regarding getting healthy. Nobody really knows for sure. We traded for Brissett because there was a chance Luck would miss the season and Tolzien just sucks.