RockThatBlue

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, ar1888 said:

Im guessing a 5th rounder would be best case scenario. 

Probably, but the interesting thing about the trade deadline is that contending teams will be trading for Vontae, so we'll be receiving a pick that is in the 20s most likely if we trade him. That means we might be able to leverage that into a late 4th if Ballard can do some negotiating.

4 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I think the Colts could fetch anywhere from a 2nd to 4th round pick for Vontae right now.  . 

Can you explain why? Dareus got a 6th that can be a conditional 5th based on performance, and he has 3 years left on his contract. Vontae has 1 and has been on a decline somewhat. If you know something I don't, I'd like to hear it.

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Can you explain why? Dareus got a 6th that can be a conditional 5th based on performance, and he has 3 years left on his contract. Vontae has 1 and has been on a decline somewhat. If you know something I don't, I'd like to hear it.

It's nothing more than my initial opinion.  Given what you identified in bold above it looks like one that may well be wrong.  But we will see how it plays out. 

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

It's nothing more than my initial opinion.  Given what you identified in bold above it looks like one that may well be wrong.  But we will see how it plays out. 

15 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

From what I have read Dareus has a massive contract they wanted off the books with his decline in play . I have no idea what Vonteas trade value is but teams have to think he will be on the cheaper side to re sign if they choose to do so . 

T.Y is reportedly on the block too.. 

I don't think you get equal value there, but what do I know? 

I don't want to move either of these guys for anything less than a 4th. (You take what you can get for Davis though, sense this pretty much means he's walking after this year, even if Ballard doesn't find a team to swap with.)

11 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Not sure about that. Asking Vontae to play much zone is like asking marlon Mack to be a short yardage back.

There's a little bit of tread left on his tires but I can see the signs. I think hes slowing down. Hes been beaten in both coverages between this year and last year. I'd move him if the deal is right. He isn't coming back here next year anyway. Might as well get something for it. I dont have great optimism things will get much better this year as far as the Colts season is concerned. Give that playing time to Quincy.

Honestly I think the Colts have depth at the corner spot they just need to play and get experience so I doubt Davis will be back after this season anyways so if the Colts can get something for him I am for it because it also clears the way for those young guys to play and get the reps they need.

18 minutes ago, The Fish said:

T.Y is reportedly on the block too.. 

I don't think you get equal value there, but what do I know? 

I don't want to move either of these guys for anything less than a 4th. (You take what you can get for Davis though, sense this pretty much means he's walking after this year, even if Ballard doesn't find a team to swap with.)

I hadn’t heard that about TY.  I am not saying you are wrong but do you have the link to it? I’d be interested to read it.

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Hmmm not sure how I feel on this one

well, we can lose him for nothing, or get a mid/late pick for him. We won't get any compensatory value for him either because of the FA's signed earlier this year. So you should hope to get a pick. We aren't contending this year.

2 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

You should be glad. Vontae isn't his old self and the Colts have no need for him. Trading him frees up playing time for Wilson and Hairston, who need to play.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

well, we can lose him for nothing, or get a mid/late pick for him. We won't get any compensatory value for him either because of the FA's signed earlier this year. So you should hope to get a pick. We aren't contending this year.

Gonna depend how glad I am when/if we get something for him, a 6/7th rounder, no way, a 2nd thru 5th rounder, I'm listening

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Gonna depend how glad I am when/if we get something for him, a 6/7th rounder, no way, a 2nd thru 5th rounder, I'm listening

Yeah I know what you mean. There are only two teams interested, however. So we'll probably take the better of the two offers and be glad to get something. My guess, if I had to bet on it, would be we get a 5th round pick.

16 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I hadn’t heard that about TY.  I am not saying you are wrong but do you have the link to it? I’d be interested to read it.

I think there are some articles out there that "suggest" that the Colts should trade him. I can't see it happening as Montcrief is not playing up to a new contract and the rest of the Wr's might just be guys. Going into 2018 with no WR's ? I'd be shocked ....

20 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

There's an article on Bleacher Report. Its like a weak rumor to me. T.Y. Is still playing good ball in my opinion. If we are willing to trade him then that tells me its almost a lock that Pagano is certainly getting fired. If he were being retained for the future i know there wouldn't be any talk of trading his best player.

26 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/29/could-the-colts-trade-t-y-hilton/

It's Florio-ish. Which means it's replete with implying Irsay a meddling drunk and what not. That guy..

"As one league source with knowledge of the Hilton-Colts relationship suggested, “Where there’s smoke, there’s fire.” But it’s believed that it will take plenty of fuel to make it burn."

22 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

The article/rumor says it would take a lot for the deal to happen of course. Other articles on BR say that we are open for business on virtually anybody outside of Luck. Another name i saw mentioned was Henry Anderson.

34 minutes ago, krunk said:

There's a little bit of tread left on his tires but I can see the signs. I think hes slowing down. Hes been beaten in both coverages between this year and last year. I'd move him if the deal is right. He isn't coming back here next year anyway. Might as well get something for it. I dont have great optimism things will get much better this year as far as the Colts season is concerned. Give that playing time to Quincy.

I'm all for trading him

1 minute ago, krunk said:

It almost makes me want to cry to see the Colts at this point. Truly does.

Why it's no big deal it happens we were fantastic for an unbelievable amount of time we were due to have to rebuild we screwed up after polian and Peyton left hired a bad HC and GM that set us back quite axways

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Why it's no big deal it happens we were fantastic for an unbelievable amount of time we were due to have to rebuild we screwed up after polian and Peyton left hired a bad HC and GM that set us back quite axways

I'm just very passionate about the team. It hurts me to see us in this condition. I know it ain't permanent but damn its bad when TY is showing up in Trade Rumors. That's when you know rock bottom has come.

Just now, krunk said:

I'm just very passionate about the team. It hurts me to see us in this condition. I know it ain't permanent but damn its bad when TY is showing up in Trade Rumors. That's when you know rock bottom has come.

I am too but this is needed imo I'm kinda glad we have been trying to put it off and it's done more harm it's gonna take some time to fix everything grigson screwed up 

17 minutes ago, krunk said:

It almost makes me want to cry to see the Colts at this point. Truly does.

You know, I'm standing here wearing a Colts hoodie that I've had forever, typing away on this forum.. I do care (I didn't need to say that), but the truth is that even though we all thought "we're rebuilding" after 18 got cut, that rebuild never really happened. Luck was too good and managed to con the brass into not rebuilding, but going after old guys who all but maybe 2 or 3, none really panned out.

The rebuild was going to have to happen or we'd be looking up at those mavens of Football genius, the Jags, Titans and Texans. 

We need guys who can tackle and block badly. We've got the guy at QB (despite what some think)- basically everything else aside from ST could use a reboot.

Can we hire Grigson again, so that we can fire him one more time? Guy set this team back in a profound way. I'm truly amazed at how crappy of a job he did. 

With this report on Davis and now TY showing up in articles today certainly gives you the impression something could happen especially if we lose today.  Gore too for that matter and don't forget Moncrief.  Monday and Tuesday could be  wild days.  Everyone thinks we would acquire a pick but swapping players could be there too.  A young player, with upside of course, that for any number of reasons could be available.   There is also the outside chance we could be a buyer for a player a team is trying to move who they now deem expendable for whatever reason.  Say we trade our 2nd or 3rd pick for a young player who would start immediately for us and fill a long term need.  If we lose today and Ballard feels we are heading for a top five pick he could almost certainly recoup that pick in any trade he makes for our 1st.  And we have cap space too.  Being a buyer is extremely unlikely for sure but not totally out of the question IMO.