Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

farley

OLD FAN MAN

11 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

farley seems to be where the ball is, he is all over the place.he may be hard for gathers to replace. he is one of the bright spots on our defense

I was thinking the same thing just the other night. There’s a reason he won the SS role, and I see absolutely NO reason why he shouldn’t keep it. He’s playing great football, and should stay in that position for years to come. 

Remember, he’s still young and developing.

5 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I'm not sure Gesthers has the size to hold up as a full time ILB. We need help inside that is for sure

Yeah, that's a recipe for injury.  He'll probably play mostly SS and the Nickel LB in passing situations.  I had hopes for Green to fill that void, but alas...

23 minutes ago, Stephen said:

He not far off. He 220 so play at 230

There'd be no complaints from me if he could pull it off. We need the help inside The frustrating thing is we don't appear to be making any adjustments. We don't give George snaps, haven't looked at TJ  in the hybrid role You'd think that is something Green might be able to do. Man I'd give Mingo a look too. No way I just let the same thing happen each week 

33 minutes ago, akcolt said:

There'd be no complaints from me if he could pull it off. We need the help inside The frustrating thing is we don't appear to be making any adjustments. We don't give George snaps, haven't looked at TJ  in the hybrid role You'd think that is something Green might be able to do. Man I'd give Mingo a look too. No way I just let the same thing happen each week 

Green isn't good at anything. That's why he's been down to single digit defensive snaps.

3 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Green isn't good at anything. That's why he's been down to single digit defensive snaps.

Green actually would probably thrive in a situational role covering Tight Ends and playing up in the box he is not a safety or corner but he is an athlete with a long body he could help in the hybrid role

1 hour ago, lance_m8 said:

Green actually would probably thrive in a situational role covering Tight Ends and playing up in the box he is not a safety or corner but he is an athlete with a long body he could help in the hybrid role

They already tried that. He's played SS since he got here. Didn't work. He can't cover anyone well. To be a hybrid you Dime LB/Box safety you have to be able to cover and tackle well, which Green can't.

The thing to remember with athletics, is that is has to TRANSLATE on the field. Green is long and fast, but that doesn't mean he can definitely cover and tackle. 

2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

They already tried that. He's played SS since he got here. Didn't work. He can't cover anyone well. To be a hybrid you Dime LB/Box safety you have to be able to cover and tackle well, which Green can't.

The thing to remember with athletics, is that is has to TRANSLATE on the field. Green is long and fast, but that doesn't mean he can definitely cover and tackle. 

I agree he can not tackle well but he has a better chance covering a tight end better than our starting ILBs except George worth a shot what do we have to lose why not test our roster

4 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I agree Green hasn't shown much. I wasn't a fan of the pick but I could say that about most of the guys drafted by Grigson. Green has the size to play the hybrid role and it's  impossible for him to be worse in coverage. He'd need to clean up his tacklimg. The athletic ability would make him better in coverage than either of those guys. I know he struggles playing the ball. 

Whether or not Green could do it wasn't my point I was saying that we should have given him a look. We should be looking at other options and trying to fix the problem.  It looks to me like the DC has done little to address a problem we knew we had. He keeps doing the same thing and hoping for different results. 

PFF has his overall player grade at 80, which is "above average."  Only steps above that category are "high quality" and "elite."

He's going to improve as he gains experience, but he has always had a knack for being around the ball, including his time at Notre Dame.

Farley is still relatively new to football.  He is a converted soccer player.

12 hours ago, akcolt said:

I'm not sure Geathers has the size to hold up as a full time ILB. We need help inside that is for sure

I don't think it's a size issue as much as a durability issue. 

I'd rather see him and Farley trade out reps, or he work the hybrid ILB/safety role and Monachino get creative with him. <- like that would ever happen lol. 

15 hours ago, akcolt said:

Coaching staff out smarts themselves like with trick play

I think Farley has done a great job.  I think Geathers may go to ILB.  He's got the size and speed.  I hope he makes it back and stays healthy, a neck injury is nothing to mess around with.  If it came down to Geathers sticking to safety, I do believe Geathers and Hooker would start because they would be the two best.  Just my opinion though!

To say green can't cover this year isn't fully true..during preseason when he tried when he was in Tight press man coverage he was always with his man just didn't know how to locate the ball (Wilson does this as well but better than green) he had a bad game against the rams playing OFF Coverage as does all of our corners apparently just watch Davis get demolished while playing off standing flat foot..teds not playing to our strengths he's forcing players to play his way 

Geathers, assuming he comes back and doesn't just quit football. I think he's tougher than that so I'm betting he returns  but yeah. He has to move to ILB. Then get another beast to pair with him and we're set. And I'm talking about full time snap after snap ILB no moving around everywhere. Full time ILB.