Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No reason to stress about this game...

bap1331

what do you get when the majority of our best players on both sides are out with injuries and we have a qb who doesn't know the playbook as well and a whole slew of other problems? this game. I am in no way stressed about this game, our defense looked good, and our secondary kept the Cardinals receivers under control. What lost us the game was not the refs or anything, it was our lack of experience. Most of our starters in the secondary and some on the line are young and haven't had to deal with that in the NFL yet. Now if this was a game with a fully healthy team, yes I would be stressed because we lost to a team who is very old, and doesn't have their best player.

To be the best we can be with what we already have, we'd need Vontae, Geathers, Luck, and Kelly.

They are significant players.  

However, even if they were to return soon, I'm not sure that we'd be good.  We might make the Wild Card (maybe) but that's it.  I think we have a leadership issue.  

It is hard to place the blame for this loss to any particular facet of the game but I would say that the WR corp did little to nothing to help out Brisset. Moncrief was terrible. Those drops will not be forgotten ($$$ year). TY should not have sat out all of those pre season games and practices. Once again these guys cant get seperation. I think Aiken and Doyle are our most reliable atm. We also abandoned the run game. Give Mack 20 touches, air or ground.

I also believe that at one point we had 3 rookies in defensive backfield. Im not too surprised Palmer eventually tore em up. 

Bottom line, defense played good enough to win, offense did not.

33 minutes ago, GwinnettColt said:

To be the best we can be with what we already have, we'd need Vontae, Geathers, Luck, and Kelly.

However, even if they were to return soon, I'm not sure that we'd be good.  We might make the Wild Card (maybe) but that's it.  I think we have a leadership issue.  

There will be no Wild Card coming out of the pathetic AFC South.

2 hours ago, GwinnettColt said:

I don't see a wildcard coming out of the AFC South. 

16 hours ago, Blue Shoe Savior 12 said:

Believe me.. I'm not stressing over this team.

I told myself last season, as long as Pagano is still here I won't beat myself up over this season.

And I'm sticking to that.

Same here. Just watching to see the new guys develop. You wouldn't think I watched a colts loss from the times I smiled and cheered after good plays by the rookies (mainly Quincy and hooker, seeing them in action together gave me nice chills) 

22 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

The refs did t cause us anything. This team isn't good on Offense. Can't run, WRs are inconsistent and can't get separation. Return game is useless. Defense creates very little turnovers. 

Cut the loser blaming the refs mentality 

What made Marvin and Reggie GREAT? Well, EVERYTHING!  :jump: They had it all.

Now back to this point.  They were Great route runners. How many times in Moncrief's career have they shown

a replay of him running a really good head faking, shoulder shimmying under 20 yard route to get separation and make a catch?

And kudos to Doyle. I saw him run a couple of the best routes like i am speaking of, that i have ever seen him run.
 He needs to do that to be successful against big time Championship caliber defenses. Great job, and hitting his Prime.

45 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

What made Marvin and Reggie GREAT? Well, EVERYTHING!  :jump: They had it all.

Now back to this point.  They were Great route runners. How many times in Moncrief's career have they shown

a replay of him running a really good head faking, shoulder shimmying under 20 yard route to get separation and make a catch?

And kudos to Doyle. I saw him run a couple of the best routes like i am speaking of, that i have ever seen him run.
 He needs to do that to be successful against big time Championship caliber defenses. Great job, and hitting his Prime.

Exactly

and you're right about Doyle. Doyle isn't fast or as athletic as Moncrief but I trust him to get open way more than Moncrief.