Colts Vs. Cardinals Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• The reality is, as ever, likely between the two polarised extremes that seem to get applied to Leonard.    Let's start with this obsession about tackle numbers, it's a horribly bad stat to * a player because it provides absolutely zero context. For example if you're on a bad team where the D is on the field more, you're more likely to have tackle opportunities. Where the tackle was made is more interesting (TFLs/Yards gained pre-tackle). We can see from the numbers and the film that Leonard isn't too bad at getting penetration when the play calls for him to rush.    Besides, what contributes to success more, tackles or turnovers. Sounds a stupid question I know, but giving up yard doesn't necessarily lead to losing, while losing the turnover battle tends to have more impact on win %:     We complained long and hard about not having a playmaker on Defense for many seasons, we now have one, and people complain he's too splashy?    The pass coverage is more suspect, but odd. Because he was pretty good in his (2nd?) season, before dropping off. I don't know how much injury is impacting this year. I also don't know how much is down to the 'react and rally' type scheme that we seem to use.    As for the money, that's just the way the NFL works, constant inflation of contract value, and the last guy who got paid will be overpaid until the next guy gets paid. We're not too far removed from the outcry and QBs going north of $20 million a year for some pretty average QBs, now that would be a steal for a legit starting QB (excluding rookies).    He is what he is, a playmaker, a very very good player, a team leader,  but perhaps not the complete package (yet). 
    • Agree, he's  a veteran with a live arm, but his mobility also makes him a threat with his legs as well - a 1st & 3rd is a small price to pay for a guy who could be our franchise QB for about a decade, no matter how high that 1st ends up being but I  believe it'll be a mid round pick, possibly even in the 20's.
    • I was surprised with how good the field stayed. Not really any standing water at all. I will say living in Indiana we get thunderstorms a lot worse then what they call a bomb cyclone. It seemed pretty weak with all the hype of how bad it was going to be.
    • Does it seem to you guys Okereke is starting to play better?
    • It’s so nice to have A WR that doesn’t have to be schemed open. Just throw it to Pittman.    How was the red done tonight? I assume with 30 pts it was all good. I think we only kicked one FG.
  • Members

• Tsarquise

Tsarquise 471

• Indeee

Indeee 577

• jchandler7

jchandler7 213

• SteelCityColt

SteelCityColt 4,872

Moderators
    • Crofan

Crofan 1