Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So.....why not Kaepernick again???

BigQandTheManiac

35 minutes ago, k9copinmd said:

A freakin song??? I'm sorry its not a "freakin song". Its the national anthem of this country which I happen to love. Call it fake patriotism if you wish. I know whats in my heart but you got me wondering whats in yours to blindly question others patriotism because they support the flag and anthem of this nation.

You can love the country, that's fine.  

I always stand for the anthem out of respect, but to not even acknowledge that there are serious racial issues in this country is really hypocritical.  

This country is great, but it has a lot of issues. Racism and prejudice being one of them.  

That's all I'll say about that.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, k9copinmd said:

A freakin song??? I'm sorry its not a "freakin song". Its the national anthem of this country which I happen to love. Call it fake patriotism if you wish. I know whats in my heart but you got me wondering whats in yours to blindly question others patriotism because they support the flag and anthem of this nation.

Some wanna make it about the anthem because they want to close their eyes to the real issues in this country.  They want to fein ignorance to the reasons why Kap and now others are protesting in the first place.  Protesting players are exercising their rights that the flag and anthem you love so much is supposed to symbolize.  They are doing nothing wrong.  Agree or disagree with it...they have a right to do it.  They also are not immune to the consequences of their actions.  Kap's paying a price for his actions (as many of our forefathers have before him) but sometimes that is necessary when you take a stand for what you believe is right. All of this unjust backlash against him just makes his message reverberate even louder. 

These reasons are why not Kaep. 

The Colts are built around Luck. If Luck isn't there, you aren't going anywhere. Tolzien and Brissett are just there to take up space in a world without Luck. Nobody on your staff actually believes that a Colts team without Luck is going anywhere. Kaep does not really increase your chances to win and he doesn't fit your team's system. The Colts are not built for a QB like Kaep. In fact, they are built the opposite of that. So if you bring Kaep on to pay him a lot more than you are paying your other QB's preventing you from making longterm moves, you also have to restructure the team to fit Kaep more (and Luck less) to have any hope of winning. The Colts are not going to do that. So ultimately you would have a QB that has no place in the system, taking up a lot of money, not winning, and generating a lot of controversial and negative media attention. Oh and then when you release him next year, you are set up to be the bad guys.

Legitimate question.

Usually the mods are so fast to stomp out political discussion to the point the thread is snuffed out before it even gets political. Yet this one has clearly turned political (inasmuch as ive tried to avoid, ive failed at overlooking it...i do care for both arguments), and yet it has not been shut down.

Why is that?

1 minute ago, footballhero1 said:

These reasons are why not Kaep. 

The Colts are built around Luck. If Luck isn't there, you aren't going anywhere. Tolzien and Brissett are just there to take up space in a world without Luck. Nobody on your staff actually believes that a Colts team without Luck is going anywhere. Kaep does not really increase your chances to win and he doesn't fit your team's system. The Colts are not built for a QB like Kaep. In fact, they are built the opposite of that. So if you bring Kaep on to pay him a lot more than you are paying your other QB's preventing you from making longterm moves, you also have to restructure the team to fit Kaep more (and Luck less) to have any hope of winning. The Colts are not going to do that. So ultimately you would have a QB that has no place in the system, taking up a lot of money, not winning, and generating a lot of controversial and negative media attention. Oh and then when you release him next year, you are set up to be the bad guys.

Yesterday really shocked me, I thought we could hang with the Rams without Luck and maybe even win. Guess not. Without Luck we are a bad team. Ballard needs to keep building the Defense once the season is over and Luck needs to get to 100%.

2 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Legitimate question.

Usually the mods are so fast to stomp out political discussion to the point the thread is snuffed out before it even gets political. Yet this one has clearly turned political (inasmuch as ive tried to avoid, ive failed at overlooking it...i do care for both arguments), and yet it has not been shut down.

Why is that?

Seems like everyone is getting along in this thread.  Expressing their views without getting personal with each other.  I wish more threads were this civil.

2 minutes ago, Bluesmith said:

Seems like everyone is getting along in this thread.  Expressing their views without getting personal with each other.  I wish more threads were this civil.

I agree. I guess the problem with the whole topic is an NFL player injected politics into sports. I prefer no politics from either side in sports. That way we can all relax and enjoy the games. 

3 minutes ago, Bluesmith said:

Its certainly not as bad as it could be. Still, the mods have quashed threads more immediate than this one, even if just as cordial. Are we beginning to be open to political threads, and if so, whats the criterion? 

Just now, OffensivelyPC said:

Its certainly not as bad as it could be. Still, the mods have quashed threads more immediate than this one, even if just as cordial. Are we beginning to be open to political threads, and if so, whats the criterion? 

Might be incoming. A lot of stuff going up today, and a lot of arguments right on the edge of getting personal in a lot of them. A civil political argument is probably low on the list right now. 

3 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Highly unlikely. I imagine they just haven't seen it yet. They have lives too you know :P

1 minute ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

Might be incoming. A lot of stuff going up today, and a lot of arguments right on the edge of getting personal in a lot of them. A civil political argument is probably low on the list right now. 

Maybe, but thats never been a deterrent before. What i dont want, and a reason i really would stop passing by here is if certain political discussions were permitted as opposed to others. Censor discussion and im happy to leave.

3 minutes ago, Introspect said:

Why is Kap a jerk? And even if he is it doesn't mean he can't win.

So only "nice guys" can ball?

I don't get that either.  

I've heard many "fans" call him a locker room cancer too.  

He put his money where his mouth is.   

He's sticking to his guns and I can respect that.  

If people don't think there are real racial issues in this country, then they are just plain wrong.  

That being said, I don't think this is the only reason why nobody has signed him. It just might be one of the reasons.

1 hour ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Really not trying to stir the pot, and on some level I agree with this statement, but even you should acknowledge the hypocrisy in it. Theres just really no way to support defend without toeing the line of hypocrisy.

I agree that even Kaep is being hypocritical to some degree.  I think wearing socks depicting cops as pigs is unnecessarily disrespectful.  For someone trying to preach a message of acceptance, respect, and progress, some of his actions and ideas (pig socks, promotion of Castro) are definitely hypocritical and clash with his goals

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

I agree that even Kaep is being hypocritical to some degree.  I think wearing socks depicting cops as pigs is unnecessarily disrespectful.  For someone trying to preach a message of acceptance, respect, and progress, some of his actions and ideas (pig socks, promotion of Castro) are definitely hypocritical and clash with his goals

I can agree with that.  

Not helpful to his message and image.  

Still doesn't negate his point.

16 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Legitimate question.

Why is that?

With apologies, I haven't been able to follow the thread as closely as I'd like.  I'll tag some mods and hopefully they can take a closer look at things and make a decision.

@Nadine @Superman @Steamboat_Shaun @SteelCityColt

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yesterday really shocked me, I thought we could hang with the Rams without Luck and maybe even win. Guess not. Without Luck we are a bad team. Ballard needs to keep building the Defense once the season is over and Luck needs to get to 100%.

The Colts do not have a team without luck. There's really no cohesive overall vision to what the team wants it's identity to be besides "Andrew Luck is a great franchise QB and then he has a bunch of random pieces to play with". 

It's not like Pitsburrgh where the concept is you have a tough to take down QB who can survive long enough for x factors like Brown and Bell to make plays in space. Or the Patriots where the concept is Brady gets rid of the ball quick and cuts you to pieces on short throws to guys in the slot or RB's out of the backfield to to wear you down for bigger plays and exhaust you.

It's this is Andrew Luck, here's the guys you have to try to play football with. That's the problem.

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

And whats worse is, people firing back with nothin but defiance is not helpful either. I wish i could remember the safety's name, but he is interning with a judge to better understand everyone. Like, a legit top 5 or 10 safety. It was an impressive story.

Just now, ricker182 said:

I can agree with that.  

Not helpful to his message and image.  

Still doesn't negate his point.

Yes and no.  If you want to say the cops are being disrespectful and unfair to certain people (in this case, African Americans), it's also disrespectful and unfair to depict all cops as pigs.  His point is correct that some people are being treated unfairly, but it would really help his case if he practiced what he preached and didn't paint all cops with the same brush.

Just now, OffensivelyPC said:

And whats worse is, people firing back with nothin but defiance is not helpful either. I wish i could remember the safety's name, but he is interning with a judge to better understand everyone. Like, a legit top 5 or 10 safety. It was an impressive story.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2715623-ha-ha-clinton-dix-participating-in-unpaid-internship-with-wisconsin-judge

Clinton-Dix.  I didn't even know he was doing such a thing.  Good on him for seeking out more information and being educated.  He does say it's for a college degree, so I don't think he's doing it simply to gain a better understanding of the very complex dynamics at work here, but it never hurts to gain more education

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

With apologies, I haven't been able to follow the thread as closely as I'd like.  I'll tag some mods and hopefully they can take a closer look at things and make a decision.

@Nadine @Superman @Steamboat_Shaun @SteelCityColt

Dont mean to indict anyone at all. I hope everyone understands. Im all for discussion. It promotes both understandinf and acceptance in the face of difficult concepts. But unfortunately,  not everyone is accepting or understanding. And things can go wrong in those convos.

2 minutes ago, footballhero1 said:

The Colts do not have a team without luck. There's really no cohesive overall vision to what the team wants it's identity to be besides "Andrew Luck is a great franchise QB and then he has a bunch of random pieces to play with". 

It's not like Pitsburrgh where the concept is you have a tough to take down QB who can survive long enough for x factors like Brown and Bell to make plays in space. Or the Patriots where the concept is Brady gets rid of the ball quick and cuts you to pieces on short throws to guys in the slot or RB's out of the backfield to to wear you down for bigger plays and exhaust you.

It's this is Andrew Luck, here's the guys you have to try to play football with. That's the problem.

Yeah I agree. Even with Luck, the Colts need a much better Defense if they want to compete with the big boys.

53 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Gramz! Been too long! Since Ive seen u anyway...

You close your eyes through that game as if it were Pennywise the Clown from the Stephen King movie? I did...

I've not been here much during the off season.   You will see and hear more from me now that we're back playing (I use that term lightly) haha

Unfortunately,   or maybe it was fortunate for me,  it was not televised where I live, so I didn't get to watch the game, but I heard plenty about it.   Was in the chatroom for a good part of it and some of the members were keeping me updated, until I decided to go outside and wash my car.  I think it was time better spent. :P 

I hope things turn around for us.   Good hearing from you  

23 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Legitimate question.

Why is that?

If you report a post/thread that needs mod attention, someone will address it. I'm coming for the first time now. 

3 minutes ago, Gramz said:

I've not been here much during the off season.   You will see and hear more from me now that we're back playing (I use that term lightly) haha

Unfortunately,   or maybe it was fortunate for me,  it was not televised where I live, so I didn't get to watch the game, but I heard plenty about it.   Was in the chatroom for a good part of it and some of the members were keeping me updated, until I decided to go outside and wash my car.  I think it was time better spent. :P 

I hope things turn around for us.   Good hearing from you  

Yeah, you really did not miss much. I could describe it for you, but some of those words dont appear in any bible or dictionary.

8 minutes ago, Superman said:

If you report a post/thread that needs mod attention, someone will address it. I'm coming for the first time now. 

3 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I guess i have never been one to report. If thats the prereq, i will be better about.

There has been a Mod posting in this thread, so they should be aware of the political nature of it.

2 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I guess i have never been one to report. If thats the prereq, i will be better about.

For me personally, I don't like this place on days like today. I want to be mad about the Colts, but I wind up being mad at the craziness more than anything else. I definitely don't check every thread, even when I do wade into the madness. I hadn't come to this thread yet because I'm not sure how to discuss this topic on this board, especially as a mod. Probably a reason for me to come sooner, knowing it's a sensitive topic... I also had a four day weekend, so have been catching up at work all day. Not a typical Monday for me, and I would guess that other mods had distractions today as well.

But if the thread was reported, all mods get notified, and someone would come check it out sooner rather than later.

In general, we've been trying to let the Kap conversations go, until the thread becomes problematic. It's possible to discuss Kap without devolving into a political argument, just highly unlikely. So until it goes there, we kind of let it go. This one has been civil (enough) to this point, so I personally won't close it now. If that changes, I'm sure it will be shut down quickly, now that mods have been tagged to the thread. 

5 minutes ago, Superman said:

That wouldn't have happened if not for Kap. 

True, but I would have preferred no politics in football, or the anthem . If you had to do one, the second was certainly more palatable than the first. 

Just remember , as far as Kaep goes , it started with the anthem , then the Che/Castro shirts, followed by pig socks. Then Bisciotti was seriously considering signing him despite a lot of fan opposition , and the girlfriend tweets the Django pictures. 

In the business world , one distraction might be forgiven , but more incidents turn the risk/ reward factor into too much of a risk. 

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

For me personally, I don't like this place on days like today. I want to be mad about the Colts, but I wind up being mad at the craziness more than anything else. I definitely don't check every thread, even when I do wade into the madness. I hadn't come to this thread yet because I'm not sure how to discuss this topic on this board, especially as a mod. Probably a reason for me to come sooner, knowing it's a sensitive topic... I also had a four day weekend, so have been catching up at work all day. Not a typical Monday for me, and I would guess that other mods had distractions today as well.

But if the thread was reported, all mods get notified, and someone would come check it out sooner rather than later.

In general, we've been trying to let the Kap conversations go, until the thread becomes problematic. It's possible to discuss Kap without devolving into a political argument, just highly unlikely. So until it goes there, we kind of let it go. This one has been civil (enough) to this point, so I personally won't close it now. If that changes, I'm sure it will be shut down quickly, now that mods have been tagged to the thread. 

Honestly, thats fair. And i really feel the same way. I wish we all ccould be right, or at least accepting. Its impossible to do both, let alone one and not offend. I have too much feelings and opinons on it, and really, brothers of all races could be offended. Best you can do is hurt with one another.

Just now, The Old Crow said:

True, but I would have preferred no politics in football, or the anthem . If you had to do one, the second was certainly more palatable than the first. 

Just remember , as far as Kaep goes , it started with the anthem , then the Che/Castro shirts, followed by pig socks. Then Bisciotti was seriously considering signing him despite a lot of fan opposition , and the girlfriend tweets the Django pictures. 

In the business world , one distraction might be forgiven , but more incidents turn the risk/ reward factor into too much of a risk. 

Maybe he should quietly protest in his bedroom in the corner?

Or should he riot in the streets? 

How should he protest?

• Nadine locked this topic