Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Swoope Placed On IR

krunk

I say we just IR the whole dang team and designate them for return in the 2018 opener. Just a defeating preseason with all these injuries....again! I was really looking forward to see the TE duo with him and Doyle. Can't have a healthy Luck, Kelly, Mewhort??, Moncreif, Davis, Geathers, Jackson, Haeg, Rogers, Hankins and I'm sure some player is going to fall out of his bed and become injured. Mother of dear god!! 

1 hour ago, krunk said:

We added Williams again. I'm sure they gave Swoope IR with designation to return. It was supposed to be a simple clean out. But of course I feel like anytime they operate on your knee its never simple.

They no longer have to designate a guy to return. Anyone on IR can now be eligible to return but limited to bringing just two guys back.  

2 hours ago, krunk said:

I just hate we currently dont have any explosive players at the position. Maybe Doyle I guess. Daniels is real fast but they will probably end up playing Williams over him.

Doyle and explosive do not go together. He is a warrior but by no means is he explosive. In fact, he looked slow this pre-season and I think he is a benefactor of Luck scrambling around to make plays if he doesn't get open right away.

On 9/4/2017 at 10:38 AM, Jdubu said:

I say we just IR the whole dang team and designate them for return in the 2018 opener. Just a defeating preseason with all these injuries....again! I was really looking forward to see the TE duo with him and Doyle. Can't have a healthy Luck, Kelly, Mewhort??, Moncreif, Davis, Geathers, Jackson, Haeg, Rogers, Hankins and I'm sure some player is going to fall out of his bed and become injured. Mother of dear god!! 

And yet, no one is out for the season, like some other teams.

Maybe it's not so bad. Going to take time. I still think they can win the Division.

12 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

And yet, no one is out for the season, like some other teams.

Maybe it's not so bad. Going to take time. I still think they can win the Division.

And because of this, we actually have a shot to make a push in the latter 1/2 of the season. Just gotta win some division games while our starters are out(fingers crossed), then finish them off when it matters. Hopefully our 1's can come back w/minimal rust! lol, I sound like a kid writing their Christmas wish-list. :) Still excited for Colts football regardless. 

4 hours ago, GoColtsWin said:

And because of this, we actually have a shot to make a push in the latter 1/2 of the season. Just gotta win some division games while our starters are out(fingers crossed), then finish them off when it matters. Hopefully our 1's can come back w/minimal rust! lol, I sound like a kid writing their Christmas wish-list. :) Still excited for Colts football regardless. 

I wished I could be as positive. It's just after hearing all off season about the direction of the team, the knowingly nonsense mantra about Luck being ready game 1 and then all the hype of how good these guys were in training camp only to watch them toss ugly turds in preseason action and now dealing with the injuries. As a season ticket holder from before Manning, I'm tired of getting my hopes up for a quality team only to have been lied to by the team about expectations of the team. Just disappointed in it. I hope we have a solid year after all things come together. 

1 hour ago, GoColtsWin said:

@Jdubu, hey I get it. I could easily let myself slide in your direction of thought, then I remember all of those lean years of Count On Losing This Sunday! It can, and has been worse for Colts nation my friend! I'm just hoping for lightning in a bottle is all. Keepin' w/the positive vibes. :)

So true, I remember that saying well. Last 20 years we've definitely had good football to watch. Some crappy years, but way better then most nfl franchises have given to some fans.

On 9/4/2017 at 10:11 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

The hits just keep on coming. Big hit to our already thin depth. We should nickname the Colts "Team NeverLucky".

Man you hit it!!! I have felt the same way had high hopes for Swoope and Doyle combo this year. Damn Injury bug is been a pain in the * for the Colts the past few years,.....