Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All 3 QB's will play vs Cincinnati

TKnight24

7 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Also, on a side note. A great side note, Kevin Bowen is staying with the reporting on the Colts 

He definitely had JMV (sports talk radio host for 1070 AM The Fan, John Michael Vincent) connections and JMV definitely loved Kevin's resourcefulness, I indirectly gather that. :) 

Not that this means Luck is or isn't playing in the 1st week, but I was never convinced Tolzien playing in the final preseason game really meant anything in regards to Luck.

Tolzien might even just play 1 or a few series, but I think he still needs that week to week game play. To keep him loose, keep gaining confidence and experience.

13 minutes ago, chad72 said:

He definitely had JMV (sports talk radio host for 1070 AM The Fan, John Michael Vincent) connections and JMV definitely loved Kevin's resourcefulness, I indirectly gather that. :) 

Yeah he started chiming in on JMV's show (more regular) shortly after he was let go.  Im happy for the guy.  I really liked the mailbag and his input otherwise.  Hope it works out well for him.

I think JMV thought he got a raw deal and put in a word or two on his behalf huh?

41 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

So this basically confirms that Andrew is out week 1. Maybe week 2 or 3 he'll come back. We'll see what happens 

:colts:

I think it means the opposite. You don't risk playing your starting QB week 1 in the last preseason game

Why are we wasting snaps on Walker, knowing the competition is between Tolzien or Morris? IMO you need to let both of them play a half. And we've seen how ugly Tolzien is starting so I'd start Morris to see if he can jump start the offense out the gate, and then play Tolzien and see how he closes out a game.

55 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Why are we wasting snaps on Walker, knowing the competition is between Tolzien or Morris? IMO you need to let both of them play a half. And we've seen how ugly Tolzien is starting so I'd start Morris to see if he can jump start the offense out the gate, and then play Tolzien and see how he closes out a game.

Because in game 4,  you don't want to play either Morris or Tolzein too much and risk injury.    The team can't afford to have one of them go down before Luck gets back.

The team is mostly done with the competition between Tolzien and Morris.      Tolzeien is your probable winner and Morris is the likely backup.

Walker takes the rest of the snaps and then we get ready for the Rams.....

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Because in game 4,  you don't want to play either Morris or Tolzein too much and risk injury.    The team can't afford to have one of them go down before Luck gets back.

The team is mostly done with the competition between Tolzien and Morris.      Tolzeien is your probable winner and Morris is the likely backup.

Walker takes the rest of the snaps and then we get ready for the Rams.....

Pagano should be fired if tolzien is the winner

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Pagano should be fired if tolzien is the winner

If Tolzien does horrible in the Rams game and then they change QB's the second half of that game then that's when Pagano should be fired. I'm not there yet when it comes to wanting to fire Pagano but it doesn't take a scientist to see who's played better... Maybe he knows something we don't... I'll wait till Tolzien stinks up a full game. 

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

A "Colts Staffer who did the surgery"  Yeah....Staffers dont do surgeries, the doctors do and they normally bring in someone like Shelborne, not some unnamed staffer.  Dude is most likely lying

Hahaha, He should've worded his tweet differently.

15 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

So this basically confirms that Andrew is out week 1. Maybe week 2 or 3 he'll come back. We'll see what happens 

:colts:

How does it confirm that?  If anything I'd think it indicates that Luck may be available for week 1.  

Think of it this way.  If Luck were healthy, Luck would sit out tonight and Tolzien, Morris and Walker would all play.