Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What are some of the coolest pieces of memorabilia that you own?

bababooey

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Malakai432 said:

This actually may be my favorite. 

IMG_2395_zpsu9guq8zd.jpg

^ was TM 1999 so it would've been Edge's rookie year, second year for Manning.  Didn't realize how old it was :colts:

That's pretty cool man

On 7/2/2017 at 3:35 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

I have a NFL regulation size Football, half white, half normal, with large sewn in Colts Horseshoe, signed by Tony Dungy, Bob Sanders, Cato June, Joseph Addai, Dallas Clark, and Reggie Wayne.

I have True Replica's of Peyton Manning's Super Bowl Jerseys (in white and Speed Blue) including the captains patches and respective Super Bowl logos.

Signed Pierre Garçon #85 NFL football

Personalized signed baseball by Tom Seaver HOF '92

tons of colt nick nacks...(small, clear crystal Colts football paperweight, etc...)

JEALOUS!

I don't have much, but do have a Super Bowl XXV ticket stub used by my father.  It has a hologram of the stadium (Tampa's "Big Sombrero") and championship trophy.  The game?  Norwood Wide- Right kick...(Giants over Bills).  My dad saw a good one!

On 7/2/2017 at 7:06 PM, 1959Colts said:

An actual game football my dad caught in the grand strand of Baltimore Memorial Stadium.

The ball was kicked and my father caught it. Before the NFL put up nets in the endzones.

December 11th, 1971. Miami Dolphins 3 at Baltimore Colts 14

I believe this was the game in which Mike Curtis tackled the drunken fan.

O MY GAWD! There can only be a few examples of this not counting the ones that people like Cam (ironically I called him a jerk lol) give out after TDs, and I bet the grand total of those isn't as high as you think. 

On 7/2/2017 at 3:35 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

I have a NFL regulation size Football, half white, half normal, with large sewn in Colts Horseshoe, signed by Tony Dungy, Bob Sanders, Cato June, Joseph Addai, Dallas Clark, and Reggie Wayne.

I have True Replica's of Peyton Manning's Super Bowl Jerseys (in white and Speed Blue) including the captains patches and respective Super Bowl logos.

Signed Pierre Garçon #85 NFL football

Personalized signed baseball by Tom Seaver HOF '92

tons of colt nick nacks...(small, clear crystal Colts football paperweight, etc...)

3 hours ago, BR-549 said:

JEALOUS!

Sorry...   :sarcasm:

Seaver_HOF_zps10t9xayd.jpg

{I need to air up the Pierre Garçon ball, can't have deflated balls here... LOL)

Autographed jerseys of Manning (SB XLI patch), Wayne, Saturday, Vinatieri, McAfee, Gore, and Davis.

Peyton and Eli autographed football

Autographed glove from McAfee, that he gave to me after jumping over me while I was sitting along the sidelines at training camp.

Autographed NFL towel and rookie card from T.Y.

Autographed football with 44 in a row written on it by Vinatieri.

Autographed Sports Illustrateds with Luck on The cover (The New Kings & The diving TD from the Chiefs playoff game)

Luck autographed ticket stubs from the Dolphins game where he set the rookie passing record for yards in a game, and Peyton's return to Indy game.

Numerous other autographed footballs, 2 replica helmets, and pictures with players from the Manning and Luck eras.

Autographed gloves from Vick Ballard and Lavon Brazill from their rookie year.

Autographed picture of Michael Jordan, one of the few non-Colts autographs I have.

18 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

These posts killed my likes for the day haha . . . . .

I actually noticed that as I was scrolling through the thread earlier...

I was like, Malakai must really enjoy this thread, he's liked dang-near every post in here So far...

Funny stuff...

Difficult living across the pond to get your hands on stuff, especially that you know is authentic.

Having said that I have a signed Vontae Davis mini helmet and a signed Andrew Luck helmet that I actually witnessed him sign in when I met him in London. Would love to get some photos with the players.

On June 29, 2017 at 2:50 PM, NorthernBlue said:

I got a loooooong sandwich.

On June 29, 2017 at 2:57 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What kind?

:lol: CBE you are priceless man! All my favorite posters are dripping with sarcasm or maybe just smart cabooses by their very nature. 

That's a ringing endorsement/complement not a slam just in case you were wondering BTW. Well played. 

On July 2, 2017 at 4:49 PM, GoColtsWin said:

An autographed Colts team ball, with the signatures of Manning/EJ/Reggie Wayne/Dwight Freeney/Dallas Clark/Polian/Saturday/Dom Rhodes/Glenn/ and about 20 or so more past Colts players on it as well. 

An autographed Eric Dickerson football from his HoF induction. 

An autographed official jersey of Mannings rookie season(Framed)

#1 Rookie cards for Marshal Faulk/Marvin Harrison/EJ(#1&2)

Troy Aikman's best rookie card. 

Autographed Nolan Ryan baseball. 

Went up to Indy 2 years in a row, and stood outside of the convention center to get autographs at the combine. Got the likes of Bree's/Brady and many other good-great players to sign. Even got a Heisman autograph. 

And much more, just don't want to type everything. I haven't collected in a very long time, most of my collection came around the time the Colts Tripletts were running roughshod over defenses. :)

I was well on my way to liking your post until I stumbled across what I highlighted in red.

My Dallas Cowboys animosity runs very, very deep man. LOL! Okay, I can tolerate him as a Fox Sports booth man. You do have some incredible collector's items there GCW. No doubt about it.  

Now, I feel mildly guilty for not giving your post a seal of approval. Nope, if I praise any Cowboy publicly, I might spontaneously combust.

I'm not exaggerating. You want a demonstration? I do like Dak Prescott. :Nuke:

See, I told ya...

On June 29, 2017 at 8:54 PM, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

I have the mini replica of the old Hoosier Dome.....plus tons of Baltimore Colts cards, pics and signed footballs.

On June 29, 2017 at 8:58 PM, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Yeah, I bought it for my Dad as a Father's Day present back in 2005.  I will try and take a picture and post it.

On July 3, 2017 at 5:45 PM, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

I can't take a good pic but here is what it looks like, sans the top,  Plus I wrote "The Hoosier Dome".....I meant "The RCA Dome"...doh!

ea436672-4ed7-4341-b405-c8e8ad099a8c.JPG

That's awesome RR7! I like family mementoes that will inevitably get handed down generation to generation. At the reading of the will: Forget the house & cars man. Who gets all the blue horseshoe treasures? Priority Numero Uno baby. 

All kidding aside, we knew what you meant. No worries my man! :thmup:

On July 3, 2017 at 4:16 PM, Malakai432 said:

Great posts guys!  I have too many but my favorite autographed pictures at least would be the Bob Sanders autographed SB tribute, then the Tri-Mannings autographed, along with the Manning/Edge auto.  

IMG_2394_zpsajtvnynr.jpg

On July 3, 2017 at 4:18 PM, Malakai432 said:

This actually may be my favorite. 

IMG_2395_zpsu9guq8zd.jpg

^ was TM 1999 so it would've been Edge's rookie year, second year for Manning.  Didn't realize how old it was :colts:

I know whose house I'm coming over to when INDY wins her second SB in a few yrs. Sweet stuff there M-432. 

You're smart enough to have all your memorabilia too big to pick pocket too. Not that SW1 is shady or anything like that. :D

In all honesty, I never steal from any diehard Colt fans that I admire & you're a cool dude. 

On July 4, 2017 at 2:22 AM, braveheartcolt said:

Colts fridge.....

The real question: Do you colour your Guinness/ale blue when you watch the Colts play & yell 'Freedom' when we win BHC? [William Wallace Scotland joke just for you ole pal.]

I also put a U in the word color just for you too. 

On July 3, 2017 at 9:08 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

Sorry...   :sarcasm:

Seaver_HOF_zps10t9xayd.jpg

{I need to air up the Pierre Garçon ball, can't have deflated balls here... LOL)

That's the 1 thing I miss about that Brady scandal, how often on air sports analysts used that word on purpose knowing full well FCC censurers couldn't beep or block their commentaries when speaking about this controversy like when comedian Jimmy Kimmel pokes fun at unnecessary & unwarranted blocking of innocent dialogue just for laughs. 

You know say the word in red countless times rather then footballs just to make TV regulators get upset over pushing their buttons just to get a rise out of them & they were powerless to fine or discipline everybody since it didn't technically violate the letter of the law. Maybe the spirit yes, but not the letter. 

Ruffling feathers can be so much fun. Bah! Ha! Ha! It's childish yes, but still hysterical IMO. 

How much PSI do you like in your balls on game day Mark Brunell? Stuff like that. I lived for ESPN NFL Live banter like that. It was the best! Aaron Rogers prefers his balls to be over inflated. You can't make this up man. 

9 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I was well on my way to liking your post until I stumbled across what I highlighted in red.

My Dallas Cowboys animosity runs very, very deep man. LOL! Okay, I can tolerate him as a Fox Sports booth man. You do have some incredible collector's items there GCW. No doubt about it.  

Now, I feel mildly guilty for not giving your post a seal of approval. Nope, if I praise any Cowboy publicly, I might spontaneously combust.

I'm not exaggerating. You want a demonstration? I do like Dak Prescott. :Nuke:

See, I told ya...

I hear ya bud. Bought that 1 as a long-term investment, because it appears to be mint. Just need to have it graded. 

And my wife, whom is a life-long Niner fan agrees with you whole-heartedly!!

On 7/2/2017 at 10:07 AM, Detectacon said:

I have Hulk Hogans autograph. (And a few other wrestlers...I was young).

I actually spent 5 dollars in high school for a piece of wood autographed in person by Hacksaw Jim Duggan

I have an entire room full of a lot of Colts memorabilia.  But if I have to pick a favorite, it is probably My Super Bowl XL1 Cap.

@bababooey you were with me when I got it signed by Dallas Clark, Brandon Stokely, Jeff Saturday and Joseph Addai.      Being able to meet those guys last year, and the fact that they were so gracious with their time, and kind enough to chat with us, meant so much, and it really is such a special memory.  The other items I have are just "stuff".

side note:  Now if I could just get to finally meet Peyton, and add his signature, it would be perfect. :)   

3 hours ago, Gramz said:

I have an entire room full of a lot of Colts memorabilia.  But if I have to pick a favorite, it is probably My Super Bowl XL1 Cap.

@bababooey you were with me when I got it signed by Dallas Clark, Brandon Stokely, Jeff Saturday and Joseph Addai.      Being able to meet those guys last year, and the fact that they were so gracious with their time, and kind enough to chat with us, meant so much, and it really is such a special memory.  The other items I have are just "stuff".

side note:  Now if I could just get to finally meet Peyton, and add his signature, it would be perfect. :)   

Yes she's back, meaning the season is coming up! That was one of the best weekends of my life, I still can't stop talking about it. I'll frame the selfie I got with Dallas Clark one day. Definitely will be buying a signed Peyton jersey to frame in my house one day as well.

15 hours ago, GoColtsWin said:

I hear ya bud. Bought that 1 as a long-term investment, because it appears to be mint. Just need to have it graded. 

And my wife, whom is a life-long Niner fan agrees with you whole-heartedly!!

Your wife clearly has exceptional tastes. All joking aside regarding Troy Aikman, I can't really condemn you on a wise purchase financially speaking. 

Thanks for tolerating my Cowboys rant in jest for comic relief purposes. You're a okay in my book GCW. :thmup:

On 7/6/2017 at 1:58 AM, southwest1 said:

I know whose house I'm coming over to when INDY wins her second SB in a few yrs. Sweet stuff there M-432. 

You're smart enough to have all your memorabilia too big to pick pocket too. Not that SW1 is shady or anything like that. :D

In all honesty, I never steal from any diehard Colt fans that I admire & you're a cool dude. 

Hahah SW Your great my friend yeah taking all my stuff in general would require a moving truck which is great!!  Hey take my electronics, take my other garbage but the thieves won't be able to take my boxes of comics, cards and memorabilia.....without looking oddly odd I should say! 

10 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

Hahah SW Your great my friend yeah taking all my stuff in general would require a moving truck which is great!!  Hey take my electronics, take my other garbage but the thieves won't be able to take my boxes of comics, cards and memorabilia.....without looking oddly odd I should say! 

LOL! Yeah, I suppose that's the nice thing about having so many collector's items. You're neighbors will come over to help you move & go "Hey, what a minute, you're not M-432. Freeze! Since you like stealing sparkly stuff that glimmers in the moonlight, try these silver handcuffs on for size fellas." 

You do make a good point though, it would be nice if thieves at least took out the trash just to tidy the place up. It seems like a reasonable tradeoff to me anyway. You know like a calling card AKA 'The Courteous Crooks.' 

Ha ha! I just another 'buried' treasure! 

Any bowlers in here?  (I used to be , big time...)

It is a (clear coat over maple) AMF  bowling pin from the 1990 Seagrams Coolers U.S. Open bowling championship, at the Woodland bowl in Indianapolis!  It is signed, by all 5 tournament finalist players (Harry Sullins, Brian Voss, Amleto Monacelli, Tony Westlake, and Ron Palombi Jr.- the Winner) as well as Indy native and the prior year U.S. Open Champion, Mike Aulby.

Yes, i was there in person to see it, not watching that one on ABC television-

Up on the shelf with the other stuff it goes...  :hat:

3 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Ha ha! I just another 'buried' treasure! 

Any bowlers in here?  (I used to be , big time...)

It is a (clear coat over maple) AMF  bowling pin from the 1990 Seagrams Coolers U.S. Open bowling championship, at the Woodland bowl in Indianapolis!  It is signed, by all 5 tournament finalist players (Harry Sullins, Brian Voss, Amleto Monacelli, Tony Westlake, and Ron Palombi Jr.- the Winner) as well as Indy native and the prior year U.S. Open Champion, Mike Aulby.

Up on the shelf with the other stuff it goes...  :hat:

Willie Nelson being interviewed. Nice! Hard to believe that man was so clean cut & looked like this early in his career too: 

294199_5_.jpg

Looks like an insurance salesman actually. 

If I find either bowling or billiards on ESPN, I do tend to watch it for a little while. I like bowlers that get excited when they throw a strike & pump their fist in defiant glory. 

Where do networks recruit soft spoken announcers for bowling, golf, pool, & tennis anyway? I always wanted to know that. They always talk like a photographer sneaking up to a near extinct species for a cover story to me. Just once, I wanna see a monster trucker announcer do a championship golf round. Man, that would be hilarious. Add a microphone reporter that says provocative statements to bowlers like a WWF match too. Just joking! 

Cool to see old pictures of Indianapolis buildings & what was considered fashionable back in the day.   

30 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Audiences are always so quiet & respectful at live events so bowlers can concentrate. What's considered rowdy behavior at a PBA event? "Excuse me sir, you coughed 5 times in 30 minutes. Can we offer you a cough drop or we'll have to ask you to leave." Just Kidding! 

Did you like your seats CBFL? No obstructions? Hey, I quoted CBFL & but my name came up instead. Strange. 

How can booth broadcasters talk about a bowlers emotional state when they never swear & their faces are stoic?  It's like trying to psychoanalyze a tree or a mannequin. A dejected champion? They barely move their eyebrows & barely sigh. 

Did the runner up to the champion at least get to chill on Willie's bus & smoke a medicinal substance as a consolation prize. Only Joking! 

The best thing about bowling are the pink t-shirts, the bowl haircuts, & the 70's & 80's wire rimmed nerd glasses like they're all IT Department guys that knock down pins in their spare time to blow off steam. The Champion needs a theme song though like ELO's Showdown in the movie Kingpin. Think about it. Even the SB has the confetti drop, racing has either milk or champaign being sprayed, how are you supposed to increase your fan base & groupies man? 

Bowlers need a grand finale release ceremony of some sort right? Rocky has a theme song, pitchers coming out of the bullpen if they are closers get one in must win innings sometimes, what no love for bowlers & wooden alley masterminds? That's just wrong on so many levels to me. 

I do like when guys in the satellite truck put certain shots in slow motion so you can see the spin & rotation on the ball. This works exceptionally well in professional pool trick shot matches. It works in bowling too, but it is on another level in billiard championships. Pool looks so easy too, but there's definitely a science to it regarding angles, touch, & ricochet factor. 

Sorry about getting off topic here regarding Colt collectors items folks. CBFL's bowling video took me in a new direction. My bad. 

There's just something intriguing about billiards to me even though I suck at it. I think it's because you can play it in any pub in the world & you don't have to be toned, ripped, or athletic. Plus, the Black Widow is smoking hot. 

To quote my old man, "the day you stop admiring the scenery is the day you die."

jeannette-lee.jpg

She looks like she's gonna assassinate her rivals with ease too. Love that take no prisoners look in her eyes. 

Jeanette-4.jpg

I don't have much of anything... A glove signed by Warren Newsome and Ozzie Guillen, a card signed by Robin Ventura is all. Just memories from going to see the Sox.

My buddy Dave has a chair from Wrigley. My brother had a Cadillac that Elvis Presley rode in a parade.

4 hours ago, southwest1 said:

The best thing about bowling are the pink t-shirts, the bowl haircuts, & the 70's & 80's wire rimmed nerd glasses like they're all IT Department guys that knock down pins in their spare time to blow off steam. The Champion needs a theme song though like ELO's Showdown in the movie Kingpin. Think about it. Even the SB has the confetti drop, racing has either milk or champaign being sprayed, how are you supposed to increase your fan base & groupies man? 

Bowlers need a grand finale release ceremony of some sort right? Rocky has a theme song, pitchers coming out of the bullpen if they are closers get one in must win innings sometimes, what no love for bowlers & wooden alley masterminds? That's just wrong on so many levels to me. 

Brian Voss wore a Speed Blue Polo shirt with a Colts Logo on it...  :applause:

My work hosts this annual charity event that Robert Mathis used to host - I don't know if it was because of his retirement, but this was the first year he didn't host it. 

Anyway, I got to sit and have dinner with him at my table and he let me take a picture of him wearing his SB ring and I have a photo with him.  The ring is massive.  I'd post it on here but it exceeds the data limits.