Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

1 hour ago, jshipp23 said:

The start of the demise and the beginning of the Resurrection is on 1 guy..That guy is Lance Stephenson other than Reggie and M.J one of my all  time favorites..From the day he left I kept saying we need Lance..Lance is that Juice that fire that makes everyone else step up..Can't be discounted in importance..We better keep him this time and let Lance be Lance..

Lance is not going anywhere. He shines off the Pacers bench. Maybe the best 6th player in the league?  As a player he wore out his welcome with the Hornets, Clippers, Grizzlies, Pelicans and the Timberwolves. Why?  Because they seen the bad Lance I was talking about earlier. The place he shines the most is off the bench for the Pacers.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Lance is not going anywhere. He shines off the Pacers bench. Maybe the best 6th player in the league?  As a player he wore out his welcome with the Hornets, Clippers, Grizzlies, Pelicans and the Timberwolves. Why?  Because they seen the bad Lance I was talking about earlier. The place he shines the most is off the bench for the Pacers.

Like I said earlier, our team has Great chemistry. Not Good but Great the way we are playing our rotations. If we just had one more All-Star to go with Dipo who is a borderline SuperStar we could beat anyone. Turner, Sabonis, Lance, and Bogy are all Good players and Great chemistry players. That is why we are a Good team at 29-23 and actually have a legit shot at the 4 Seed.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Like I said earlier, our team has Great chemistry. Not Good but Great the way we are playing our rotations. If we just had one more All-Star to go with Dipo who is a borderline SuperStar we could beat anyone. Turner, Sabonis, Lance, and Bogy are all Good players and Good chemistry players. That is why we are a Good team at 29-23 and actually have a legit shot at the 4 Seed.

Exactly. So far I haven't heard any trade rumor names that I think would make this team much better. We have a great core of young players who are only going to get better. Robinson is coming back and IMO he will bring some good things with him when he gets 100% healthy.

All this talk of trading Turner blows my mind. He is 21 years old and will pick up weight with age thus making him better against the bigger players. His footwork has improved this season now he needs to work on his technique. He is still 3 or 4 years away from being one of the better players in the league.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Exactly. So far I haven't heard any trade rumor names that I think would make this team much better. We have a great core of young players who are only going to get better. Robinson is coming back and IMO he will bring some good things with him when he gets 100% healthy.

All this talk of trading Turner blows my mind. He is 21 years old and will pick up weight with age thus making him better against the bigger players. His footwork has improved this season now he needs to work on his technique. He is still 3 or 4 years away from being one of the better players in the league.

Turner has the potential to become an All-Star, like you said he is only 21. I wouldn't trade him, he is  our 2nd best player. Adding Robinson is almost like making a trade and giving up nothing as we are just bringing him back. That alone is a nice move.

• Like 1

Denver is a BRUTAL place to win in, it's like the Nuggets are a lottery team on the road but at home they are the Warriors. It's the high altitude and all that too.

I watched Boston at Denver last week and it came down exactly like tonights game. Jaylen Brown hit a shaky game winning 3 set up by Horford but for the C's luck Denver blew the ending when they had some seconds left on the clock.

Tonight Paul George was amazing though. Wanted him to win but wow what an ending!!!

1 minute ago, Jules said:

Denver is a BRUTAL place to win in, it's like the Nuggets are a lottery team on the road but at home they are the Warriors. It's the high altitude and all that too.

I watched Boston at Denver last week and it came down exactly like tonights game. Jaylen Brown hit a shaky game winning 3 set up by Horford but for the C's luck Denver blew the ending when they some seconds left on the clock.

Tonight Paul George was amazing though. Wanted him to win but wow what an ending!!!

Denver was due after missing two game winners this week against the Celtics and Spurs. They just needed to let someone else other than Will Barton shoot I guess haha

Here's a fun stat and it's impressive. In games decided by 3 points or less/or OT games played - The Pacers are 8-1 in those games. That is a sign of a Good team when you win the close one's. The 1 game we lost was to Boston 112-111 when we blundered on the last play of the game. Other than that we have executed perfectly in 1 possession games/OT games.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

I wouldn't give him away, but based on what I've seen he is injury prone, soft, and seems unwilling to get stronger and bang in the paint..Depends on what teams would give up for him as far as a trade goes...He just isn't worth 25 million a year in my eyes..I would have liked to see him develop some type of post game by now..Sure he has nights he shoots well, but other than the blocked shots his defense is terrible when he plays strong players they bully him..I was hoping he would be out a few months with last injury tbh..I think we are better without him and I watch every game...

Turner wants to be here. He loves the city and his teammates. He has said so and his actions have shown it. The guy jumped out of his pants cheering while injured. That creates a locker room like we have and that can't be overlooked. Myles is under contract for a peanuts the next 2 seasons no way we find that kind of value in trade. 

I agree Turner plays soft at times but he's a kid. Sabonis has played better in the starting role but he's had more time with this lineup. Turner has had limited minutes with the G's on this roster. We would be foolish not to let this roster play out and see where it goes. There is a chance some tough choices will need to be made but there is also a chance it all come together. We have a couple of years to figure it out. The kind of locker room we have you can't buy or build. I wouldn't be in a hurry to change anything. We still haven't seen this team at full strength. 

I hope that Pritchard and company don’t trade for anyone during the deadline. I love the current roster as it is and GR3 is coming back to full health soon.

Also, Dan Burke is the interim head coach for tonight’s game. Looking forward to that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MTC said:

I hope that Pritchard and company don’t trade for anyone during the deadline. I love the current roster as it is and GR3 is coming back to full health soon.

Also Dan Burke is the interim head coach for tonight’s game. Looking forward to that.

Yeah I think we should stand pat as well. Our Chemistry is Great, Dipo is becoming a SuperStar, and our Big's while not Great are Good in Turner, Sabonis, and Thad. Bogy and Lance are streaky players but are Good more than they are Bad. Robinson coming back will just give us more depth. At 29-23 as long as we don't have any major injuries, I see no way we don't make the Playoffs.

-Dan Burke cracks me up, I like him. He rips into to the team when they are playing bad during halftime interviews lmao 

11 hours ago, akcolt said:

Turner wants to be here. He loves the city and his teammates. He has said so and his actions have shown it. The guy jumped out of his pants cheering while injured. That creates a locker room like we have and that can't be overlooked. Myles is under contract for a peanuts the next 2 seasons no way we find that kind of value in trade. 

I agree Turner plays soft at times but he's a kid. Sabonis has played better in the starting role but he's had more time with this lineup. Turner has had limited minutes with the G's on this roster. We would be foolish not to let this roster play out and see where it goes. There is a chance some tough choices will need to be made but there is also a chance it all come together. We have a couple of years to figure it out. The kind of locker room we have you can't buy or build. I wouldn't be in a hurry to change anything. We still haven't seen this team at full strength. 

Fair enough...You are right, I just get frustrated with him...If he does get stronger and develops a post game he will be scary..

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Here's a fun stat and it's impressive. In games decided by 3 points or less/or OT games played - The Pacers are 8-1 in those games. That is a sign of a Good team when you win the close one's. The 1 game we lost was to Boston 112-111 when we blundered on the last play of the game. Other than that we have executed perfectly in 1 possession games/OT games.

That's a very good stat...

The stat where we've come from 19 points behind or more to win five times....I dont know about that one..

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

The funny thing is..isn't Dan Burke our 'defensive coach'

Probably not that funny to him

I love the half time interviews with Burke. This was bound to happen. We got it going but couldn't climb all the way back. We need to get off to a better start vs Philly tomorrow. 

22 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

We are back at 7th place after Giannis hit the game winner for the Bucks against the Knicks. That's still where I think we end up at the end of the season. Anyone think different?

Anywhere from 4 to out of it is possible. 

This team has some definite tendencies and getting behind by double digits early is one of them. 

BTW Lebron says the rumors of him to the Warriors is "nonsense."

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/02/02/lebron-james-warriors-rumor-nonsense

Good signing today btw for the C's with Greg Monroe, Stevens will use him well. 

Terry Rozier has been amazing this week with Kyrie resting. I found out a secret, Kyrie got Rozier on the flat Earth movement........I think thats the secret to being a great PG?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That ability to win close games would certainly help you vs. the Raptors.

cover5.jpg

30 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

We are back at 7th place after Giannis hit the game winner for the Bucks against the Knicks. That's still where I think we end up at the end of the season. Anyone think different?

Too soon to say. It's too close in that middle group. Changes all the time.

If this Blake Griffin thing does well (and he had a great first game) even the Pistons could make a late push.

22 minutes ago, Jules said:

Too soon to say. It's too close in that middle group. Changes all the time.

If this Blake Griffin thing does well (and he had a great first game) even the Pistons could make a late push.

Yeah it's definitely too close but 7th is just my prediction of where the Pacers end up. We could just as easily get knocked out of the playoffs entirely though. I think the Pacers-76ers game tomorrow will prove to be of importance at the end of the season.

Just now, Bluefire4 said:

Yeah it's definitely too close but 7th is just my prediction of where the Pacers end up. We could just as easily get knocked out of the playoffs entirely though. I think the Pacers-76ers game tomorrow will prove to be of importance at the end of the season.

76ers game tonight broke out in a "We want Brady" chant. lmao 

4 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

We could finish anywhere between 4-8 in reality. It's all bunched up. Now the Pistons may actually even be a threat to get back in this too since they got Griffin. I had a bad feeling about tonight's game because we just beat them, tough beating a team 2 times in a row no matter their record.