Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

27-23 now......Miami (27-22) is trailing Charlotte late

Washington (26-22) is winning big

27-23 through 50 games. I will take it. We are on pace to win 45 games now. We only won 42 last season. Lance was awesome tonight so was Sabonis. Sabonis looked like his daddy in the 4th Qtr! He needs to start getting more respect from the REFS.

• Like 1

• Golden State is so annoying because they take and make bad shots
  • Boston is getting GSW to take distant 3s ....and contested 2s.and 3s..
  • ..and GSW makes them anyway.

Teams cant play the way GSW does because they don't have 'bad shot makers'

They don't have Steph and Klay and Durant

There's no miracle to the way GSW plays..the way they hit the open man passing..

........they can make bad shots and they know it

• Orlando takes the same shots and they're 17-34
Edited by oldunclemark

50 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Cousins may be out over a year...

..wonder if the Pelicans would want Al Jefferson...

Maybe E'Twaun Moore for Big Al and Joe Young?

I would take E'Twaun but it would be tough for NO to part with him. They start Moore at the 3 and count on him for big mins. NO is in trouble not a lot of depth.

Man we really need to stop falling behind like that.

• Like 1

-So with the Pacers at 27-23 and currently in the 6th Spot, what grade would you give the Pacers on the season so far through 50 games? We are also 3.5 games ahead of the Pistons who are currently 9th so as of now we are comfortably in the Top 8 = Playoff team.

-I give us a B+ , not quite an A but close. I think the A's belong to teams that have Elite records like the Warriors, Celtics, and Rockets. Is B+ too high? Warriors are an A+ at 40-10 - best record so far! Before the season, most ESPN experts only had us winning around 35 games this season after we traded PG. 27-23 is nothing special but we are overachieving in reality with Dipo and Sabonis being 1st year players with us. Dipo has been a blessing, he just took the wheel from PG and has kept it driving perfectly! So glad he made the All-Star team. Folks, we only have 32 games left and we look to be a lock for at least being in the Top 8 = Playoff team if we stay healthy.

-Thoughts?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

-So with the Pacers at 27-23 and currently in the 6th Spot, what grade would give the Pacers on the season so far through 50 games? We are also 3.5 games ahead of the Pistons who are currently 9th so as of now we are comfortably in the Top 8 = Playoff team.

-I give us a B+ , not quite an A but close. I think the A's belong to teams that have Elite records like the Warriors, Celtics, and Rockets. Is B+ too high? Warriors are an A+ at 40-10 - best record so far! Before the season, most ESPN experts only had us winning around 35 games this season after we traded PG. 27-23 is nothing special but we are overachieving in reality with Dipo and Sabonis being 1st year players with us. Dipo has been a blessing, he just took the wheel from PG and has kept it driving perfectly! So glad he made the All-Star team. Folks, we only have 32 games left and we look to be a lock for at least being in the Top 8 = Playoff team if we stay healthy.

-Thoughts?

I haven't been following all that closely, but it seems like the Pacers do well against some of the league's top teams (Spurs, Cavs), but then lay an egg against the weaker teams, like Detroit or Orlando.  They lose games they should win.  It also seems like the bigs get dominated inside; I think the Pacers are one of the worst defensive teams in the post.  Turner needs to get stronger/more physical inside.  Another possibility I've read people suggest is putting Turner at 4 and Sabonis at 5 as starters since Sabonis seems to play better at 5.  A change in coach might also be necessary, but I don't know who the best available options would be.  Overall, the team is overachieving based on what people expected at the start of the year, but I don't think they've reached their potential quite yet.  They could be a top 4 team in the East.  Their next three games are Hornets, Grizzlies, Hornets, so they should win all three.

5 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I haven't been following all that closely, but it seems like the Pacers do well against some of the league's top teams (Spurs, Cavs), but then lay an egg against the weaker teams, like Detroit or Orlando.  They lose games they should win.  It also seems like the bigs get dominated inside; I think the Pacers are one of the worst defensive teams in the post.  Turner needs to get stronger/more physical inside.  Another possibility I've read people suggest is putting Turner at 4 and Sabonis at 5 as starters since Sabonis seems to play better at 5.  A change in coach might also be necessary, but I don't know who the best available options would be.  Overall, the team is overachieving based on what people expected at the start of the year, but I don't think they've reached their potential quite yet.  They could be a top 4 team in the East.  Their next three games are Hornets, Grizzlies, Hornets, so they should win all three.

Yeah Turner has so much talent but needs to get stronger. I never dreamed Sabonis would be this Good. He doesn't get respect from the REFS at all though. Dipo is basically Paul George lmao 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah Turner has so much talent but needs to get stronger. I never dreamed Sabonis would be this Good. He doesn't get respect from the REFS at all though. Dipo is basically Paul George lmao 

Except Dipo isn't afraid of contact and will drive to the basket 

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

That is incorrect we have been very good at winning the games that we should win. The only game that comes to mind that we let get away was vs the Lakers.

We lost every game we played without Vic and some of those losses were games that would've been in the should've won category with Dipo. That's why I think moving Al for Clarkson and Nance should be explored. We could use more scoring. 

Detroit was playing good ball early in the season. Orlando we have beaten something like 17 of the last 19. We have also won our share of games vs some of the top teams. When Dipo is playing we have shown we can play with everyone minus the Rockets 

You say the team is overachieving and still hasn't reached it's potential but want to sack Nate? The guy should be in the conversation for coach of the year. We haven't had GR3 all season and Turner has been in and out of the line up. We can beat anyone in the East but let's fire the coach great idea. 

The Sabonis Turner question will have to be dealt with but probably not until next season. Sabonis seems ok coming off the bench. He's a better player then Turner and if they can't fit together... we can cross that bridge when we get to it. 

This team hasn't reached its potential. Dipo is going to keep getting better as will Sabonis He's only 21. We have only been together for 50 games and never at full strength. The Pacers are a young team that is on the rise. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Last night had me furious there for a while. I was thinking how in the hell are we losing to these clowns lmao. Not sure why we start out slow and make things tough.

It's a bad habit and it will catch up to us if it continues. We are lucky it hasn't cost us too much so far. We both know that it's hard enough to get W's without spotting teams 20 pts. The East is tight a few games will be the difference between 4th and 8th 

1 minute ago, akcolt said:

It's a bad habit and it will catch up to us if it continues. We are lucky it hasn't cost us too much so far. We both know that it's hard enough to get W's without spotting teams 20 pts. The East is tight a few games will be the difference between 4th and 8th 

Thinking about Seedings, I wonder who we would match up best against? What would our chances be against the Celtics, Raptors, or Cavs for example? or maybe we somehow finish 4th or 5th and take on Washington or Miami? I look at Miami's Roster and I am not impressed but they are like us and overachieving. Philly is loaded with talent and they could move way up.

7 hours ago, akcolt said:

I worry that we are 'burning out'' our top-8 players ..

....because we don't have much depth and so many of our games are dramatic rallies which are draining.

I truly cant tell if we'll finish 4th or 9th......we have not yet played Golden State..and that could be two losses no matter how we play

We need Myles Turner to resume full duty and we need Glenn Robinson or a trade deadline pickup to help us

Edited by oldunclemark

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Watching OKC/Philly. OKC's Defense looks stifling without Roberson. They are rolling again up 90-81.

That's not the same game I'm watching...Its close and the 76ers really have no outside shooting...

You'll see about Anthony Roberson's defense....

..when they play real winning teams....it will matter that he's not there

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

That's not the same game I'm watching...Its close and the 76ers really have no outside shooting...

You'll see about Anthony Roberson's defense....

..when they play real winning teams....it will matter that he's not there

Philly is Good and has a lot of weapons. Yeah now it's only 99-97. Earlier OKC was Stealing and Blocking everything in the 3rd Qtr.

• Like 1