Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Bogdonavic is a better shooter. He's certainly not a better rebounder, defender or shot blocker.

CBE...you know Bogdonavic  went scoreless in 24 minutes against Charlotte and he's shooting 29% from 3-point range in the last month, right?  I wanted to acquire him and I thought his experience would benefit us. But it hasnt worked out like I thought it would. He's rarely 'on' as a shooter and that's what we need most from him.   He came here because he wanted to start.  I have liked his game but his shooting has been a disappointment.    30 games left.

Maybe he'll be good in the playoffs, if we get there.

But Larry Nance plays Thad Young's positon. That's where he'd help us. I know you watch the Lakers. Nance shoots 60% from the floor,. He doesnt shoot 3s but we wouldn't ask him to.

Nance is an excellent rebounder and shot blocker. Averages about 9 (points) and 7 (rebounds) in 22-23 minutes .  We need that coming of the bench and Thad Young can walk away from us after this year if we don't sign him to a bigger, better deal.   Nance would then start at the '4' position and do what he's doing now for the Lakers, I believe.  Nance and TF Leaf would share the '4' role. Leaf is going to eventually start at the '4' one he gets a pro body.

But Nance and Bogdonavic don't have anything to do with each other position-wise or role-wise.

We could conceivably start both next season if we had both.

Bogdanovic had 21 Points last night vs Charlotte. On the season he is shooting 37% from 3 and averaging 13 Points a game. In todays game you need Floor Spreaders to keep the Defense honest. If we didn't have him, Defenses could collapse more in the paint. We don't need Bogdanovic to play D, that is what Turner, Young, and Sabonis are for. If you want to replace Nance with Young I may be for that because we are getting a younger player that plays the same type of game. Young can even 3's though, Nance just cant shoot 3's so I am not impressed. Randle cant hit 3's either. That is one reason why the Lakers still cant win consistently, they are the worst team in the league shooting 3's.

ak, I am as optimistic as anybody but the last 2 weeks of our schedule still worry me about our playoff chances.  We need to be about 10 games over .500.  We have a west coast road trip in the final 10 days of the year.

In our final 8 games, 2 are against Golden State.

But you are right.,,Washington, Cleveland,,,hit by injuries...WE could get to 10-over.

Philadelphia might not play Joel Embid against us Saturday because they play Friday, too...and we end the year with back-to-back game against Charlotte. Odd but I like it

.Victor seems a little tired and I wish he had an all-star break coming but he doesn't.  The break will help the rest of us. Guys like Collison, Bogdonavic  and Thad Young have been playing hard.  Lance throws himself around so much. He needs the break, too. Maybe we'll have Glenn by March 1.

But I know we're ahead of where we were last year when we supposedly had more talent.

I think worse case scenario we will be an 8 Seed if we stay healthy so we will get in. If somehow we slumped and went 12-18 the rest of the way we would still finish .500.

ak, I am as optimistic as anybody but the last 2 weeks of our schedule still worry me about our playoff chances.  We need to be about 10 games over .500.  We have a west coast road trip in the final 10 days of the year.

In our final 8 games, 2 are against Golden State.

But you are right.,,Washington, Cleveland,,,hit by injuries...WE could get to 10-over.

Philadelphia might not play Joel Embid against us Saturday because they play Friday, too...and we end the year with back-to-back game against Charlotte. Odd but I like it

.Victor seems a little tired and I wish he had an all-star break coming but he doesn't.  The break will help the rest of us. Guys like Collison, Bogdonavic  and Thad Young have been playing hard.  Lance throws himself around so much. He needs the break, too. Maybe we'll have Glenn by March 1.

But I know we're ahead of where we were last year when we supposedly had more talent.

GR3 assigned to the Ants for G-League game vs Wisconsin tonight. This is good news if things go well gotta think we see him by 3/1 

• Like 1

Just now, akcolt said:

GR3 assigned to the Ants for G-League game vs Wisconsin tonight. This is good news if things go well gotta think we see him by 3/1 

Adding him will give us a boost. I think we will end up winning 44 games or so because our schedule is very tough moving forward but I cant see us playing worse than .500 ball the rest of the way. Not sure what Seed 44-38 would give us? That is just my guess. Oddly that could be as high as a 4 Seed or as low as an 8. The East is bunched up right now. We only won 42 last season, so 44 is actually an improvement without PG-13.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22281387/golden-state-warriors-play-lebron-james

What are all the LeBron fan boys going to say about this?  If this happens, the league will be ruined for the next 5 years.  What a joke!  But you know what?  It doesn't surprise me that LeBron would want to take the easy way out.  That's one of the many reasons why he's not in the greatest of all time conversation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22281387/golden-state-warriors-play-lebron-james

What are all the LeBron fan boys going to say about this?  If this happens, the league will be ruined for the next 5 years.  What a joke!  But you know what?  It doesn't surprise me that LeBron would want to take the easy way out.  That's one of the many reasons why he's not in the greatest of all time conversation. 

When he joined Miami to team up with Wade and Bosh in 2011, that sealed him from ever being the GOAT IMO. GOAT's don't leave a situation when they fail. He should've stayed in Cleveland his whole career because of the status he was given since his rookie season as being the next Jordan or Magic. Jordan, Magic, and Bird wont say it but they probably think that was the wimpiest move of all-time, LeBron going to Miami to make it easy lmao. How LeBron fan boys don't find that wimpy is beyond me. He is a Top 10 player of all-time based on his play and talent but he isn't Jordan, Magic, Bird, or Kobe regarding having steel balls and winning with the same team their whole career. Kobe could've left LA when the going got tough after Shaq but he didn't. LA didn't do anything extraordinary to help Kobe, they got Pau Gasol in a trade who is a Great player but its not like they gave Kobe - Wade and Bosh and Allen.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Adding him will give us a boost. I think we will end up winning 44 games or so because our schedule is very tough moving forward but I cant see us playing worse than .500 ball the rest of the way. Not sure what Seed 44-38 would give us? That is just my guess. Oddly that could be as high as a 4 Seed or as low as an 8. The East is bunched up right now. We only won 42 last season, so 44 is actually an improvement without PG-13.

Last season Atlanta finished 43-39 and that got them a 5 Seed to follow this Post up.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When he joined Miami to team up with Wade and Bosh in 2011, that sealed him from ever being the GOAT IMO. GOAT's don't leave a situation when they fail. He should've stayed in Cleveland his whole career because of the status he was given since his rookie season as being the next Jordan or Magic. Jordan, Magic, and Bird wont say it but they probably think that was the wimpiest move of all-time, LeBron going to Miami to make it easy lmao. How LeBron fan boys don't find that wimpy is beyond me. He is a Top 10 player of all-time based on his play and talent but he isn't Jordan, Magic, Bird, or Kobe regarding having steel balls and winning with the same team their whole career. Kobe could've left LA when the going got tough after Shaq but he didn't. LA didn't do anything extraordinary to help Kobe, they got Pau Gasol in a trade who is a Great player but its not like they gave Kobe - Wade and Bosh and Allen.

But yet they say oh he had no help in Cleveland, he had to leave blah blah blah.  What about when he lost in the finals to the Spurs in 14?  Or what about when he lost to the Mavs in 2011?  He had plenty of help and superior teams but yet lost in the Finals.  He got rocked in 2014 (4-1) and didn't even show up (17 PPG) in 2011.  Making it to 7 straight finals and being the youngest(not fastest) to 30,000 points does not make him the GOAT.  That's there logic though.  It'd be kind of funny if he went to Golden State.  All of his fan boys bashed Durant for going there but yet would be huge Warriors fans if LeBron went there haha.  I wasn't a fan of LeBron going to Miami and I wasn't a fan of KD going to the Warriors but I sort of blame LeBron for KD going to the Warriors.  He started the whole team up and make a super team deal.  Is he one of the best to ever play?  Yes, top 5 or 10 easily.  Is he best or even top 3?  Not hardly.  He always tries to take the easy way out.  That's where he differs from Jordan (and Kobe for that matter).  It didn't matter who they had on their teams, they thought they could go 82-0 and win the whole thing.  They didn't need to be coach, gm and player.  Jordan played with some greats, no doubt and so did Kobe but they didn't take the easy way out when things got tough. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

If LeBron joins the Warriors next year I may not watch basketball. 

Also I think GR3 nay be back as soon as the all star break is over.

Golden State fans said they would quit watching.. That says A LOT

The sad thing is, I believe they could actually pull it off. Send Draymond, Klay, and possibly a pick to Cleveland for Lebron. That would clear PLENTY of cap space for Golden State to sign Lebron.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Bogdanovic had 21 Points last night vs Charlotte. On the season he is shooting 37% from 3 and averaging 13 Points a game. In todays game you need Floor Spreaders to keep the Defense honest. If we didn't have him, Defenses could collapse more in the paint. We don't need Bogdanovic to play D, that is what Turner, Young, and Sabonis are for. If you want to replace Nance with Young I may be for that because we are getting a younger player that plays the same type of game. Young can even 3's though, Nance just cant shoot 3's so I am not impressed. Randle cant hit 3's either. That is one reason why the Lakers still cant win consistently, they are the worst team in the league shooting 3's.

CBE....

Bogan Bogdonavic has shot 41 % from the field an 28% from 3-poimnt range over the last 2 months.

The 21 points he scored last night were his high total since November 27.  He has not played well the last 2 months and I know that because he says so.

In the game reports from last night's win (NBA.com and others) Bogan said that his shooting this last month was the worst he has ever had in his professional career. His words. He said he'd 'played badly all month' He'

s not the reason we've been winning again recently.

By the way, I don't know where you come up with 'We don't ask him to play defense. He's gone against LeBron and done OK.

But we need more out of him on offense if we are to make the playoffs

You also skipped over what said earlier. I wanted him here. I was happy we signed him But he hasn'st lived up to what I thought we were getting.

We need 18-20 a game out of him. He wanted to be starter and that's what we need from that slot.  He can do it and lest see if he does.

There's no need to say he's played well just because we have a winning record.

Bogan is coming of the worst month in his career, by his own admission.

Edited by oldunclemark

..and I don't care that Larry Nance cant shoot 3s and doesn't try.

He rebounds, plays defense and blocks shots. That's what we need at the 4-spot

I know you don't think everybody at every position has to shoot 3s. You're getting carried away watching Golden State and Houston too much.

Orlando shoots a lot of 3s too, You need a rebounder and shot blocker.

Nance shoots 60% from the floor. He'd fit right in as  backup to Thad Young or a replacement for Young if he leaves us at the end of the year.

The way you talk about Nance, its like he kicked your dog. He's a good young player and he's got 2 years left on his rookie deal.

And the Lakers may want to let him go.  We'd be lucky to get him

1 hour ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Golden State fans said they would quit watching.. That says A LOT

The sad thing is, I believe they could actually pull it off. Send Draymond, Klay, and possibly a pick to Cleveland for Lebron. That would clear PLENTY of cap space for Golden State to sign Lebron.

Cap space?//  Are you kidding?  Cap space means nothing to them. They are happy to pay the NBA for their titles. They are over 36 million over the cap right now.

I for one would like to see a hard cap myself.

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I sure as hell wouldn't wanna lose bojan he can hit the 3 but is also a good defender played great last night I was at the game his hustle was great not to mention he is a wonderful FT shooter 

• Like 1

Pacers seem to play better without Turner...I would keep Sabonis between the 2...I hate that Sabonis is getting less minutes with Turner starting...He needs to freaking get down low and rebound the ball..Whenever he faces a good center they destroy him he is too soft..Drummond always has a career game, washed up Dwight Howard destroyed him..He just wants to stand 20 ft from the basket and shoot jumpers like a stretch 4 but stretch 4's should be able to handle the ball which Turner can't. I would consider trading him right now because we could get a lot in return...He isn't worth 25 million...

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Cap space?//  Are you kidding?  Cap space means nothing to them. They are happy to pay the NBA for their titles. They are over 36 million over the cap right now.

I for one would like to see a hard cap myself.

They could drop Iggy too and be under the luxury tax limit if Lebron were to take a deal similar to Durant's. The Warriors already won one title, and should have went back to back, without "paying for it". I don't think last year should diminish what they had already accomplished.

5 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Pacers seem to play better without Turner...I would keep Sabonis between the 2...I hate that Sabonis is getting less minutes with Turner starting...He needs to freaking get down low and rebound the ball..Whenever he faces a good center they destroy him he is too soft..Drummond always has a career game, washed up Dwight Howard destroyed him..He just wants to stand 20 ft from the basket and shoot jumpers like a stretch 4 but stretch 4's should be able to handle the ball which Turner can't. I would consider trading him right now because we could get a lot in return...He isn't worth 25 million...

I truly hate to say this, but I agree...

59 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Trading Turner would be one of the worst mistakes the Pacers could make. Turner is 21 years old and hasn't even touched what his ceiling is going to be.

The Pacers have no business making any trades right now. They are playing good with a bunch of young players. Let them grow with each other.

Trading away young good future players is not doing what it takes to build a winner. Right now there is no team offering any player that is worth a trade so making a trade just to be trading is not smart.

Him not getting down low is not his fault. You want to point a finger it has to be the coaches who are positioning the players.

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Trading Turner would be one of the worst mistakes the Pacers could make. Turner is 21 years old and hasn't even touched what his ceiling is going to be.

The Pacers have no business making any trades right now. They are playing good with a bunch of young players. Let them grow with each other.

Trading away young good future players is not doing what it takes to build a winner. Right now there is no team offering any player that is worth a trade so making a trade just to be trading is not smart.

Him not getting down low is not his fault. You want to point a finger it has to be the coaches who are positioning the players.

I wouldn't give him away, but based on what I've seen he is injury prone, soft, and seems unwilling to get stronger and bang in the paint..Depends on what teams would give up for him as far as a trade goes...He just isn't worth 25 million a year in my eyes..I would have liked to see him develop some type of post game by now..Sure he has nights he shoots well, but other than the blocked shots his defense is terrible when he plays strong players they bully him..I was hoping he would be out a few months with last injury tbh..I think we are better without him and I watch every game...

lmao how many people seriously wanna give up on Turner? Even people I talk to off here talk trash about him he's 21 * years old leave the kid alone we are not trading a god gifted shot blocker and great mid range shooter before his rookie deal is up. For the love of everything stop this b.s.

7 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

lmao how many people seriously wanna give up on Turner? Even people I talk to off here talk trash about him he's 21 * years old leave the kid alone we are not trading a god gifted shot blocker and great mid range shooter before his rookie deal is up. For the love of everything stop this b.s.

Depends on what you get in return..We have a better player in Sabonis anyways...If we could trade him for a comparable young player that better fits team and is under contract you look into it...I don't want to give a 7ft jump shooter a max contract...He has way too kany nights with 5 rebs and his man is getting 25 and 15...Literally everytime we go against a team with a good big they are drooling and go right at him..

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

Depends on what you get in return..We have a better player in Sabonis anyways...If we could trade him for a comparable young player that better fits team and is under contract you look into it...I don't want to give a 7ft jump shooter a max contract...

He won't be going anywhere I'm glad you don't run the team 

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

He won't be going anywhere I'm glad you don't run the team 

I wouldn't trade him for peanuts...lol..If someone offered a Devin Booker, Clay Thompson, Whiteside, Jokic, Markannan, type player in return or 2 good young players I look into it...

38 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

I wouldn't trade him for peanuts...lol..If someone offered a Devin Booker, Clay Thompson, Whiteside, Jokic, Markannan, type player in return or 2 good young players I look into it...

You are getting none of them for Turner so like I said not going anywhere 

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

You are getting none of them for Turner so like I said not going anywhere 

I would keep him too if I can't get a similar caliber player that fits our needs better...I like Turner, i just think he doesn't fit particularly well right now on this team.. We need to find a way to get a rebounder, enforcer type player to play with him and guard the other teams best big..

Maybe call Sacramento try to swing a Perkins, Bogdonovich for George Hill and Collie Stein trade..Then you could put bring Collison off bench move thad to 3 and start Collie -Stein next to Turner..That would give us best bench in NBA and make us a top 4 team in east for sure. .They'll take Perkins for his expiring contract..

2 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

Maybe call Sacramento try to swing a Perkins, Bogdonovich for George Hill and Collie Stein trade..Then you could put bring Collison off bench move thad to 3 and start Collie -Stein next to Turner..That would give us best bench in NBA and make us a top 4 team in east for sure. .They'll take Perkins for his expiring contract..

Who is Perkins?

8 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

CBE....

Bogan Bogdonavic has shot 41 % from the field an 28% from 3-poimnt range over the last 2 months.

The 21 points he scored last night were his high total since November 27.  He has not played well the last 2 months and I know that because he says so.

In the game reports from last night's win (NBA.com and others) Bogan said that his shooting this last month was the worst he has ever had in his professional career. His words. He said he'd 'played badly all month' He'

s not the reason we've been winning again recently.

By the way, I don't know where you come up with 'We don't ask him to play defense. He's gone against LeBron and done OK.

But we need more out of him on offense if we are to make the playoffs

You also skipped over what said earlier. I wanted him here. I was happy we signed him But he hasn'st lived up to what I thought we were getting.

We need 18-20 a game out of him. He wanted to be starter and that's what we need from that slot.  He can do it and lest see if he does.

There's no need to say he's played well just because we have a winning record.

Bogan is coming of the worst month in his career, by his own admission.

Every player goes into slumps. Bogy is a Good Offensive player that can hit the 3. We have a Great shot Blocker already in Turner, Good Rebounders in Sabonis and Young. If you want to keep up with the Good teams you need to have guys that can hit the 3. Also without at least 2 or 3 Very Good to Great 3 point shooters you will never beat teams like the Warriors or Rockets.

-When I said we don't need Bogdanovic to play D, of course I didn't mean he just stand out there and do nothing. What I meant was we didn't bring him in here to be a Defensive stopper, we brought him here for his Offense.

3 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

I would keep him too if I can't get a similar caliber player that fits our needs better...I like Turner, i just think he doesn't fit particularly well right now on this team.. We need to find a way to get a rebounder, enforcer type player to play with him and guard the other teams best big..

I don't think the Pacers are too worried about right now. No way we would be any better against teams like the Cavs,Raptors or the Celtics even with a trade this season. With that said the Pacers would be stupid for trading Turner at this point. Yes I know we need a big man but not at the cost of Turner.

So Glenn Robinson played for the G league today and had 12 points, 3 assists, and 2 rebounds on 5-14 shooting in 27 minutes. He looked decent for his first game in 8 months and even went to the floor a few times including for an and-one early in the game. After the game, the Pacers immediately recalled him back to the team.

He's already ruled out for tomorrow's game and I wouldn't be surprised if they held him out until after the all-star break, but he looks a lot better than the previous reports tried to indicate when they said that he was "not even close."

3 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

So Glenn Robinson played for the G league today and had 12 points, 3 assists, and 2 rebounds on 5-14 shooting in 27 minutes. He looked decent for his first game in 8 months and even went to the floor a few times including for an and-one early in the game. After the game, the Pacers immediately recalled him back to the team.

He's already ruled out for tomorrow's game and I wouldn't be surprised if they held him out until after the all-star break, but he looks a lot better than the previous reports tried to indicate when they said that he was "not even close."

Yes I am looking forward to him joining the Pacers when he is ready.

43 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I don't think the Pacers are too worried about right now. No way we would be any better against teams like the Cavs,Raptors or the Celtics even with a trade this season. With that said the Pacers would be stupid for trading Turner at this point. Yes I know we need a big man but not at the cost of Turner.

I think this team is capable of going to ECF..

2 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Lol..my bad I meant Jefferson..smh..

Oh come on we thought you meant Sam Perkins :thmup: (joking). I really don't see us making any moves until the summer. I think we just ride this fun season out, get GR3 back - which is like a move/it's an addition, and see if we can win a Playoff series. Our team chemistry right now is darn near perfect, the players love playing together and trust each other. We just lack the overall talent to hang with teams like Boston, G State, and Houston. I think against any other teams we could give them a good series, even against the Cavs, Thunder, or Toronto. We don't have to worry about the West teams though luckily come Playoff time. It may not say much because it's Regular Season, but we are 3-1 vs the Cavs this season and 2-0 vs the Spurs.

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Oh come on we thought you meant Sam Perkins :thmup: (joking). I really don't see us making any moves until the summer. I think we just ride this fun season out, get GR3 back - which is like a move/it's an addition, and see if we can win a Playoff series. Our team chemistry right now is darn near perfect, the players love playing together and trust each other. We just lack the overall talent to hang with teams like Boston, G State, and Houston. I think against any other teams we could give them a good series, even against the Cavs, Thunder, or Toronto. We don't have to worry about the West teams though luckily come Playoff time. It may not say much because it's Regular Season, but we are 3-1 vs the Cavs this season and 2-0 vs the Spurs.

The start of the demise and the beginning of the Resurrection is on 1 guy..That guy is Lance Stephenson other than Reggie and M.J one of my all  time favorites..From the day he left I kept saying we need Lance..Lance is that Juice that fire that makes everyone else step up..Can't be discounted in importance..We better keep him this time and let Lance be Lance..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

The start of the demise and the beginning of the Resurrection is on 1 guy..That guy is Lance Stephenson other than Reggie and M.J one of my all  time favorites..From the day he left I kept saying we need Lance..Lance is that Juice that fire that makes everyone else step up..Can't be discounted in importance..We better keep him this time and let Lance be Lance..

Yeah Lance has played his best ball in Indy. He is our spark plug off the bench no doubt. Without him, the Pacers wouldn't be as good.

1 hour ago, jshipp23 said:

He will and should start soon..

Not with Glenn Robinson coming back soon.

I love Lance and what he brings but we need him to come off the bench just as he has. He is a sparkplug off the bench but limiting his minutes on the floor is best IMO. Off the bench we get to see the good Lance. As a starter we see the bad Lance. We have all witnessed it.