Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

12 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Yeah it's definitely too close but 7th is just my prediction of where the Pacers end up. We could just as easily get knocked out of the playoffs entirely though. I think the Pacers-76ers game tomorrow will prove to be of importance at the end of the season.

I cant call it, Blue.,..Its too close...

We probably have the toughest schedule in the East in the final 2 weeks.

Glenn will help us....if only for depth ....I heard on the radio broadcast that he'll be active on the roster next week.

But we need to play very well the next month or we'll fall out of the top-8 in the final days

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I cant call it, Blue.,..Its too close...

We probably have the toughest schedule in the East in the final 2 weeks.

Glenn will help us....if only for depth ....I heard on the radio broadcast that he'll be active on the roster next week.

But we need to play very well the next month or we'll fall out of the top-8 in the final days

Tonight's game is pretty big vs Philly.

• Like 1

I'm looking at players moving and there's no trades for us now...

We couldn't use Greg Monroe..and Mirotic cant play the '3' and cant defend the '4'

The Bulls will probably buy out Jamir Nelson and Tony Allen..but I dont think we can play more guards..

OKC probably should see if Tony Allen can still defend people

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

It really is.....I wonder if Joel Embid is playing...He played 30 minutes last night and he usually doesnt play both of back-to-back games

The reports said that Joel Embiid rested against the Bucks on Monday so that he could play the back to back this week so I think he's going to play.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hey he Drafted Porzingis so he should get a standing O :thmup:

It's too bad they won't move Da Unicorn. Since I feel at times he is being wasted in NY. That team showed some flashes this year but they often blow it.

3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm looking at players moving and there's no trades for us now...

We couldn't use Greg Monroe..and Mirotic cant play the '3' and cant defend the '4'

The Bulls will probably buy out Jamir Nelson and Tony Allen..but I dont think we can play more guards..

OKC probably should see if Tony Allen can still defend people

Greg Monroe was going to sign with Boston or New Orleans. In NO he was going to replace Cousins but with 2 million offered. With Boston he is part of their rotation now. C's had the 8.4 million disabled player exception to use they got for Gordon Hayward. 

4 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

I think T.J Leaf is gonna be a good player for us in time...

He could be. I agree.  But what position does he play?  He's not a '3' and can he grow into a '4'

Hood is pretty good now. He would only be available because you have to resign him when the season ends

We don't have much to trade..our No.1 pick isn't worth much because we're winning....and the idea is to match salaries and Hood is still on his rookie contract...

You cant trade Al Jefferson (who makes 10 mil) for Hood, who is on a rookie deal.

If we make any move at all it would be with Leaf or Joe Young

17 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

He could be. I agree.  But what position does he play?  He's not a '3' and can he grow into a '4'

Hood is pretty good now. He would only be available because you have to resign him when the season ends

We don't have much to trade..our No.1 pick isn't worth much because we're winning....and the idea is to match salaries and Hood is still on his rookie contract...

You cant trade Al Jefferson (who makes 10 mil) for Hood, who is on a rookie deal.

If we make any move at all it would be with Leaf or Joe Young

We might be able to get something for Jefferson's expiring contract..I would try to get George Hill back..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

We might be able to get something for Jefferson's expiring contract..I would try to get George Hill back..

I think George Hill would add a lot.....we might have to add Joe Young to match salaries but he would help us at both ends of the floor.

The problems is: I think he has one more year on his contract at $19 mil.

I'd take that on but I dont know if our management would

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I think George Hill would add a lot.....we might have to add Joe Young to match salaries but he would help us at both ends of the floor.

The problems is: I think he has 2 more years on his contract at over $15 mil

The way salaries are inflated now 15 million isn't too bad...We have a plenty of cap to handle it ..Would really improve our defense and give us a punchers chance against anyone in east in the playoffs. ..

5 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

The way salaries are inflated now 15 million isn't too bad...We have a plenty of cap to handle it ..Would really improve our defense and give us a punchers chance against anyone in east in the playoffs. ..

True. Our payroll is low right now so we could carry Hill fot next year.

I agree about his play. The only good perimiter defender we have is Cory Joseph.

We need somebody else who can stay with the shooters ..we cant ask Oladipo to 'D up' top scorers and still post 30 a night

• Like 1