Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm hoping Thad Young wants to stay with us.

He has a 'player option' for next season.

He could stay with us and make $13 mil or he could become a free agent.

I might offer him a two year extension at $17 or $18 mil.. we have the cap space and he's been durable

Thad is very valuable for us and a great character guy too... Definitely someone we should keep unless we can use him in a good trade ....I would even offer Thad and Turner for Markkannen too..I think he is gonna be a superstar in a few years...

3 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Thad is very valuable for us and a great character guy too... Definitely someone we should keep unless we can use him in a good trade ....I would even offer Thad and Turner for Markkannen too..I think he is gonna be a superstar in a few years...

I agree with you about Markannen.....but if the Bulls trade him for anybody, John Paxson (the GM) would get fired quick, fast and in a hurry

Edited by oldunclemark
spell
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I think they need to be about 10 games over .500 heading into the final 2 weeks because that west coast road trip will be hard on us.

But you said it,. We couldn't be set up better for the future especially since Victor is signed for the next 3 years.

And Victor seems more in the Reggie Miller mold as far as being loyal to the team..I don't think we will have to worry about him leaving like George..George is gonna spurn OKC and set them back bad now with no compensation..

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I agree with you about Markannen.....but if the Bulls trade him for anybody, John Paxson (the GM) would get fired quick, fast and in a hurry

I can dream though..lol..People say Myles will be all-star too and is only 21 so you never know..

4 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

And Victor seems more in the Reggie Miller mold as far as being loyal to the team..I don't think we will have to worry about him leaving like George..George is gonna spurn OKC and set them back bad now with no compensation..

That's probably why our management wanted Victor because he's an Indiana basketball star outside the Pacers.

The fans were inclined to like him and cheer for him even if he didn't become an all-star.

I think he'll be a max player for us and will be here for many years because he's so well-liked here

9 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

True.  Good players get traded...  I wouldnt have thought that Blake Griffin would be traded and he was.

Speaking of Griffin..I haven't watched him in awhile, man he has gotten better, he can handle the ball way better than I can remember and shoot..Detroit is gonna cause problems in the playoffs..I would like our chances better against Boston, Toronto, or Cleveland than them...Detroit will sweep us matchup nightmare for us...

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

That's probably why our management wanted Victor because he's an Indiana basketball star outside the Pacers.

The fans were inclined to like him and cheer for him even if he didn't become an all-star.

I think he'll be a max player for us and will be here for many years because he's so well-liked here

Vic is darn near a top 5 player right now..Last night was Jordanesque..

1 hour ago, jshipp23 said:

Happens all the time...Not much different than George trade..Popovich loves big guys who can shoot..

No it doesn't happen all the time no one knew Victor was this good and Myles hasn't proven anything to convince the spurs to trade a top 10 player in the nba

22 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

No it doesn't happen all the time no one knew Victor was this good and Myles hasn't proven anything to convince the spurs to trade a top 10 player in the nba

Leornard isn't happy...Like you said no one knew Vic or Sabonis were that good and yet we traded George for them...It's not out of realm of possibility that Popovich could think Turner has star potential, throw in another player in Thad Young who is a prototypical Spur type guy and a few draft pics it's possible..Bulls traded Butler, Kings traded Cousins..It happens...

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

A win at Boston and all of their players played. Jules went to this game, so she got to see first hand how Great we can be. I didn't like blowing a 26 point lead but the important thing is we still won. Vic poured in 35. We only shot 5-20 from 3 and still won, so that is good sign that we can shoot lousy from 3 and still beat a Great team like that on the road.

I am writing on my phone and still in Boston, going tomorrow too. So just one post is all I can do. Weather has gotten nice. Be out of Boston tomorrow night but will be hungover probably lol.

Marcus Smart has been out since the C's played Lakers and won't be back till the all star break is over. Without him the C's defense has taken a small hit.

First half: C's could not match Pacers energy at all. Pacers looked like the Rockets making shots and the crowd even started to boo a bit at one point. (spoiled fans) Pacers kept piling on. Some joked the Pacers were getting revenge on Josh McD. lmao 

Second half: Somehow, the 26 point lead went out the window and the crowd became insane. Rozier hit a buzzer beater to end the third and the crowd went ballistic when the lead cut to around 4 i think.

I went to the bathroom during the comeback and don't even know how it all went down.

Pacers held their poise though, kudos to them, most teams fold during Boston comebacks including the Houston Rockets that one time in Boston. Pacers are a better coached team than I thought, better than Washington.  I really enjoyed finally seeing the Pacers play a full game.

Pacers are a very athletic high energy squad. Brad Stevens was mad a few times.

Dipo outplayed Kyrie in this game.

Going tomorrow and not sure what to expect since Cleveland's whole roster is different outside a few and Love is out. But the pressure of IT in Boston is finally off for the C's. Most of the day is centered around Pierce though.

These games in Boston are a blast though, total playoff atmosphere to witness live.

Good experience last night for Pacers, it was a roaring crowd in the second half and they pulled it out so they got a big win in a hostile environment. And it was quite loud during the comeback, my ears hurt a little today lol.

Glad Boston/Indy didn't make major trade deadline moves. Just keep developing their teams.....

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jules said:

I am writing on my phone and still in Boston, going tomorrow too. So just one post is all I can do. Weather has gotten nice. Be out of Boston tomorrow night but will be hungover probably lol.

Marcus Smart has been out since the C's played Lakers and won't be back till the all star break is over. Without him the C's defense has taken a small hit.

First half: C's could not match Pacers energy at all. Pacers looked like the Rockets making shots and the crowd even started to boo a bit at one point. (spoiled fans) Pacers kept piling on. Some joked the Pacers were getting revenge on Josh McD. lmao 

Second half: Somehow, the 26 point lead went out the window and the crowd became insane. Rozier hit a buzzer beater to end the third and the crowd went ballistic when the lead cut to around 4 i think.

I went to the bathroom during the comeback and don't even know how it all went down.

Pacers held their poise though, kudos to them, most teams fold during Boston comebacks including the Houston Rockets that one time in Boston. Pacers are a better coached team than I thought, better than Washington.  I really enjoyed finally seeing the Pacers play a full game.

Pacers are a very athletic high energy squad. Brad Stevens was mad a few times.

Dipo outplayed Kyrie in this game.

Going tomorrow and not sure what to expect since Cleveland's whole roster is different outside a few and Love is out. But the pressure of IT in Boston is finally off for the C's. Most of the day is centered around Pierce though.

These games in Boston are a blast though, total playoff atmosphere to witness live.

Good experience last night for Pacers, it was a roaring crowd in the second half and they pulled it out so they got a big win in a hostile environment. And it was quite loud during the comeback, my ears hurt a little today lol.

Glad Boston/Indy didn't make major trade deadline moves. Just keep developing their teams.....

Yeah, unfortunately I had to go to bed real early last night because of work today so I missed our best win of the season. When I woke up this morning I was shocked we won with Collison being out. Boston didn't have Smart but we were also down Collison so that evens out a bit. I seen the highlights and read the BoxScore and was very pleased. I wasn't happy about the 3 point shooting but we still won. Big win for Indy, they need those type of wins to get respect throughout the league.

• Like 1

Any trade is possible as long as it's reasonable. To get Leonard is possible because he isn't happy in San Antonio. Pop loves Big's that can shoot. It may take Turner, Thad, and even Bogdanovic to get it done but I would still do that. Leonard plays the 3 like Bogdanovic, plug in Sabonis at Center, and roll with Leaf at PF. Leaf with a year under his belt will be better next season.

Our starters could be:

Collison

Dipo

Leonard

Leaf

Sabonis

Bench - Lance, Robinson, Big Al, Joseph

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Some guy named Kyrie Irving was traded recently too...

No one said stars aren't traded they are not gonna be traded for what you offered our late first and expiring Young and Turner who isn't proven won't get Leonard you do realize who Leonard is right?

6 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

No one said stars aren't traded they are not gonna be traded for what you offered our late first and expiring Young and Turner who isn't proven won't get Leonard you do realize who Leonard is right?

Turner is 21 and a potential all-star type player, Thad is valuable for his talent or expiring contract..Like coltsbestever even throw in bogo to sweeten...Id argue that's better than what Cousins,Chris Paul, Griffin, or Irving got back..The brooklyn pick is an unknown...Could be a great player, could be Markelle Fultz..I.T will never be the same, Heild was center of Cousins trade and Turner has better potential than he ever will..Kawhi isn't getting any younger and Turner is 21..

7 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Turner is 21 and a potential all-star type player, Thad is valuable for his talent or expiring contract..Like coltsbestever even throw in bogo to sweeten...Id argue that's better than what Cousins,Chris Paul, Griffin, or Irving got back..The brooklyn pick is an unknown...Could be a great player, could be Markelle Fultz..I.T will never be the same, Heild was center of Cousins trade and Turner has better potential than he ever will..Kawhi isn't getting any younger and Turner is 21..

Still literally none of the players you talked about being traded are anywhere near the same great 2 way player Leonard is has prolly second to only KD and LBJ at SF

11 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Still literally none of the players you talked about being traded are anywhere near the same great 2 way player Leonard is has prolly second to only KD and LBJ at SF

Very rarely do you get equal return for a superstar player in a trade..It only happens when they aren't gonna resign or are unhappy..The fact Pritchard fleeced OKC is the exception not the rule..He either had amazing foresight or was very lucky, probably a combination of both..Fact is, not only is Oladipo a superstar, but Sabonis will be an all-star very soon, especially once he gets starter minutes..

41 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Very rarely do you get equal return for a superstar player in a trade..It only happens when they aren't gonna resign or are unhappy..The fact Pritchard fleeced OKC is the exception not the rule..He either had amazing foresight or was very lucky, probably a combination of both..Fact is, not only is Oladipo a superstar, but Sabonis will be an all-star very soon, especially once he gets starter minutes..

I agree but what you offered isn't even half equal return plus we shouldn't be trying to trade Turner the only way we will win a title is to build our own big 3 and Turner needs to be a part of that with Vic 

13 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I agree but what you offered isn't even half equal return plus we shouldn't be trying to trade Turner the only way we will win a title is to build our own big 3 and Turner needs to be a part of that with Vic 

If trading him nets you a Leonard type player you trade him..Sabonis is better anyways..We just differ on rather we can get a player that caliber for him..If another team sees Turner's value like you do it's possible...Bottom line I believe Turner has had 2 scoreless games in last 5..I like his talent, but his development has taken a step back this year and that's not a great sign..

1 hour ago, jshipp23 said:

If trading him nets you a Leonard type player you trade him..Sabonis is better anyways..We just differ on rather we can get a player that caliber for him..If another team sees Turner's value like you do it's possible...Bottom line I believe Turner has had 2 scoreless games in last 5..I like his talent, but his development has taken a step back this year and that's not a great sign..

How do you figure sabonis is better?

8 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

How do you figure sabonis is better?

Better defender, better rebounder, better post game, and consistent...Good shooter as well, plus team seems to play better with him starting instead of Myles..Myles is a great shotblocker and has a little more range on his shot, but he is injury prone, very inconsistent, soft on defense and gets bullied, and constantly gets in foul trouble.. I like Myles, but between the 2 I take Sabonis ,who is very young, with high ceiling as well...

33 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Better defender, better rebounder, better post game, and consistent...Good shooter as well, plus team seems to play better with him starting instead of Myles..Myles is a great shotblocker and has a little more range on his shot, but he is injury prone, very inconsistent, soft on defense and gets bullied, and constantly gets in foul trouble.. I like Myles, but between the 2 I take Sabonis ,who is very young, with high ceiling as well...

Glad you are just a fan your about as good at evaluating basketball players as you are football players 

On 2/10/2018 at 8:55 AM, oldunclemark said:

I'm hoping Thad Young wants to stay with us.

He has a 'player option' for next season.

He could stay with us and make $13 mil or he could become a free agent.

I might offer him a two or three year extension at $17 or $18 mil.. we have the cap space and he's been durable.  Thad is 29 and I think he turns 30 this summer. He's not young but he's not old

I don't think we add anyone this year. We could use shooting/rebounding  but I think we want to see how this group responds. GR3 should be eased back in after the break. That should give us a lift. If Turner can play more consistently that'd help. 

We need to keep Thad around. I'm hoping TJ spends a lot of time in the weight room. He can shoot the ball and will be useful when he can hold his own on the glass and D.  This team needs another scorer Clarkson would've been a nice addition. Maybe we can get Bridges from Sparty in the draft.  

I like what the Cavs did it'll be interesting to see if it comes together. Hill providing ball pressure will be good for the D. 

3 hours ago, akcolt said:

I don't think we add anyone this year. We could use shooting/rebounding  but I think we want to see how this group responds. GR3 should be eased back in after the break. That should give us a lift. If Turner can play more consistently that'd help. 

We need to keep Thad around. I'm hoping TJ spends a lot of time in the weight room. He can shoot the ball and will be useful when he can hold his own on the glass and D.  This team needs another scorer Clarkson would've been a nice addition. Maybe we can get Bridges from Sparty in the draft.  

I like what the Cavs did it'll be interesting to see if it comes together. Hill providing ball pressure will be good for the D. 

Cavs 64, Boston 52 at the half..''...and the Pacers have a problem...

We don't match up with Cleveland anymore....Not with Hood and Clarkson coming off the bench.

Once they get Love back, we don't match up.

And if we are the ''6" seed, they could be the '3'

And Greg Monroe coming off the bench is a problem for us against Boston.

Clarkson, Nance and Hood are so much more athletic than the AARP guys the Cavs had before

Boston and Cleveland are 10-deep and the Pacers ..

WE can get by with nine if Glenn comes back and gets up to full speed

I am at the game taking a break, having a blast with my fiancé drinking.but....the east is screwed if the Cavs hold up like this. This cavs team suddenly is younger, more athletic and lebron is in fire happy again

cavs again

sorry Raptors

Celtics need to rest Hayward for next year