Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

There aren't a llt of guys we can get this summer who fit what we need.

I like Tyreke Evans and I don't think Memphis wants to resign him because he'll be 29 next season.

He's a 6-foot-6 guard but we play 3 guards a lot of the time anyway...many teams do now.

And obviously it would benefit us to take Rodney Hood off the Cavs......another 6-foot-6 wing

Cavs are over the cap..we are well under it...

But everybody will want these 2 guys

At this point I am about keeping everyone pretty much and just getting Robinson back even for next season. We may be able to Draft a Good player is why, also our chemistry is beautiful. The Pacers have had a knack of Drafting Good players even when they are not in the lottery.  

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

At this point I am about keeping everyone pretty much and just getting Robinson back even for next season. We may be able to Draft a Good player is why, also our chemistry is beautiful. The Pacers have had a knack of Drafting Good players even when they are not in the lottery.  

We need to add a forward....we dont have a deep team....we use 8 players in a lot of games..

...it would help if its a draft choice because that leaves us a lot of money available to use after next year when we have to decide on resigning about 6 guys..

But I agree....You can get a good player in the middle of the first round

Jimmy Butler was a low first round draft choice...So was Darren Collison.....actually

Other than Big Al..is anyone on our team over 30?

Edited by oldunclemark

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

We need to add a forward....we dont have a deep team....we use 8 players in a lot of games..

...it would help if its a draft choice because that leaves us a lot of money available to use after next year when we have to decide on resigning about 6 guys..

Jimmy Butler was a low first round draft choice...So was Darren Collison.....actually

We will still Draft in the Top 20, maybe at that point we should take the best SF and see how it pans out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Wouldn't that be something.

I'd make him an offer........all he can do is hang up the phone.

We'd give up nothing.....He'd play the '3' Bogdonavic would come off of the bench..

..and we'd be the beast of the East!!

(this is probably a less realistic scenario than trading for Kawhi Leonard,. isn't it?)

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

What's the theory on the Pacers acquiring Kawhi Leonard

He's got 2 years left on a max contract and he's been hurt all year

Forgetting that he may have a serious undisclosed injury (I think they're holding him back for the playoffs at this point) But he's not a free agent and we'd have to trade more than one regular player to get him.

How would that work?

Just reports of him being unhappy and wanting out of San Antonio..

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

We got Granger in middle of first, he was great till the injury...Wish we had him in his prime on this team...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

I wish the NBA had a hard cap because our tight wad owner will never go over the cap...Cutting Wilkins was dirty in my opinion to save a little money..

Is there a reason we couldnt resign him now to 10-day deals...for the rest of the year?

Is that allowed?

He is a veteran bench forward and every player could matter late in the season and the post-season..

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Is there a reason we couldnt resign him now to 10-day deals...for the rest of the year?

Is that allowed?

He is a veteran bench forward and every player could matter late in the season and the post-season..

We could but we won't..He was making the minimum and was a good veteran presence in the locker room who could still play..That move rubbed me the wrong way..

9 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

I wish the NBA had a hard cap because our tight wad owner will never go over the cap...Cutting Wilkins was dirty in my opinion to save a little money..

Yes the NBA needs a Hard Cap! What good is having a Cap if you can just go over it and build an All-Star team. Makes no sense. The Cavs do it every year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yes the NBA needs a Hard Cap! What good is having a Cap if you can just go over it and build an All-Star team. Makes no sense. The Cavs do it every year.

They need to implement a hard cap and franchise tag to make it fair and increase parity...Right now 90% of league has no chance to win a championship..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Leaf will prove to be a very good player..I expect a big jump from him next year..He has a sweet shot, once he adjusts to the speed of game gets a little stronger and gets confidence..

• Like 1

They need to implement a hard cap and franchise tag to make it fair and increase parity...Right now 90% of league has no chance to win a championship..

I agree, technically only the Warriors, Cavs, and Rockets have a chance to win it all = 3 teams. In a long shot maybe the Raptors, Celtics, or Thunder could but highly doubtful. Spurs are too long in the tooth to win it all IMO. As proud as I am of the Pacers and I think we are Good, we have no chance to win it all sadly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, technically only the Warriors, Cavs, and Rockets have a chance to win it all = 3 teams. In a long shot maybe the Raptors, Celtics, or Thunder could but highly doubtful. Spurs are too long in the tooth to win it all IMO. As proud as I am of the Pacers and I think we are Good, we have no chance to win it all sadly.

Not to mention the officials influence NBA games more than any other sport..I love the NBA, but it's crooked as hell..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Every now and then a team like the Mavs will come along and play lights out to win it all with all the odds against them..It is rare though..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

There aren't a llt of guys we can get this summer who fit what we need.

I like Tyreke Evans and I don't think Memphis wants to resign him because he'll be 29 next season.

He's a 6-foot-6 guard but we play 3 guards a lot of the time anyway...many teams do now.

And obviously it would benefit us to take Rodney Hood off the Cavs......another 6-foot-6 wing

Cavs are over the cap..we are well under it...

But everybody will want these 2 guys

They won't be next year when Lebron, and possibly Love are gone. 

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

LeBron's not going anywhere now.......and Love is under contract for 2 more years

I was more pointing out that once Lebron is gone next year, Hood, Clarkson, and Nance could all be retained by Cleveland. Love's contract means nothing if he's traded, and I can bet he will want out come the end of the year. It wouldn't surprise me if Boston comes off their 1st next year for Love and unloads Horford to make room for him.

33-25 at the All-Star break in the 6th Spot but we are only .5 out of the 4th Spot and securely are in the Top 8. Pistons who are in 9th are 28-29 so we are 4.5 ahead of them.

-Glad we won tonight because a loss to a Bad team going into the break would've stunk. We are now 8 games above .500 with only 24 games left to play. The schedule gets tough towards the end of the season but it's not a stretch to say that we could finish 10 games above .500 at 46-36 by seasons end. Just have to go 13-11 to accomplish that, that may get us a 4 or 5 seed as well?

• Like 1

We can beat anyone but Golden state, Detroit, and Houston..I give us a chance against any other playoff teams..

The Pistons are a strange team. They are a matchup nightmare for us but will probably only finish .500 and miss the Playoffs. Their Big's with Drummond and Griffin are scary but that teams chemistry is questionable. As of now the Warriors and Rockets both look like they have way more fire power than anyone in the league. Cavs still have the LeBron factor too so they are dangerous.

3 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

I was more pointing out that once Lebron is gone next year, Hood, Clarkson, and Nance could all be retained by Cleveland. Love's contract means nothing if he's traded, and I can bet he will want out come the end of the year. It wouldn't surprise me if Boston comes off their 1st next year for Love and unloads Horford to make room for him.

I think its much more likely that LeBron stays in Cleveland..and then everyone would say except Hood who will be a free agent.  LBJ isn't going to the lakers to get involved with the 'Ball' situation.

And the players they just put around him  in Cleveland are good offesively and defensively. Why would he leave now

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

33-25 at the All-Star break in the 6th Spot but we are only .5 out of the 4th Spot and securely are in the Top 8. Pistons who are in 9th are 28-29 so we are 4.5 ahead of them.

-Glad we won tonight because a loss to a Bad team going into the break would've stunk. We are now 8 games above .500 with only 24 games left to play. The schedule gets tough towards the end of the season but it's not a stretch to say that we could finish 10 games above .500 at 46-36 by seasons end. Just have to go 13-11 to accomplish that, that may get us a 4 or 5 seed as well?

with the schedule, we will need to play very well to go 13-11..

.......I think we have the NBA's most difficult schedule (by wins and losses) the rest of the way.

But hopefully we will add two players (Glenn and Darren Collison) by the end of the month

21 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

with the schedule, we will need to play very well to go 13-11..

.......I think we have the NBA's most difficult schedule (by wins and losses) the rest of the way.

But hopefully we will add two players (Glenn and Darren Collison) by the end of the month

Lets say for some reason we do slump a little and go 11-13, that still puts us at 44-38. To me, to be safe I am making 44 that magical number to at least get an 8th Spot and get in looking at what records and schedules everyone has in the East. 44 more than likely would probably even get us a 7th Spot actually but I am not sure how the Heat and Pistons are going to play after the Break? Those 2 teams are streaky strange teams.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's so tight in the East between 4-8, I am thinking 46 wins could get us a 4 or 5, we need to go 13-11 to reach 46 though.

You know I'm pretty optimistic, right?

But look at the remainder of our schedule and tell me which games you think we'll win.

6 of the last 8 on the road...  2 4-game road trips still to go....

2 vs. Golden State....2 vs. Toronto....2 vs. Washington...at Boston...at Denver.

13-11 is very, very optimistic

Edited by oldunclemark

I hope Collison and GR3 are both ready to go by March 2nd. We play the Hawks twice and the Mavericks right after the break who I think we can beat without those two.

After that we play the Bucks twice and the Wizards in the next 3 and those will be crucial in this playoff race. I'd love to be at full strength.