Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

Really good to finally see the kind of player Bogdonavic can be....

He should get 18-20 every night and he should have some 30-point nights...like this 

That's why he came here.. and we need that

..and good to see Joe Young do well because he's got to play 20-30 minutes a night now and he's got to score 15-20 a game until Collison gets back.

We arent supposed to win without both Collison and Oladipo...//This was a good effort

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Bogdanovic has 28 and playing Great but without Dipo we just don't win. No miraculous comeback tonight unfortunately.

I hope he gets 30.....all he has to do is score....He's a better player than he's shown in the first 50 games....

We just got caught short tonight....

Nobody's fault.....we don't have enough depth to win when Victor is out and Collison is the reason we don't turn the ball over much..

On to New Orleans

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I hope he gets 30.......we just got caught short tonight....

Nobody's fault.....we don't have enough depth to win when Victor is out and Collison is the reason we don't turn the ball over much..

But Collison is an older player.....injury problems pop up

We are 0-6 without Dipo, he is that important. We are still 30-25 and ok, just need Dipo back and healthy. Bogdanovic is Good but defers a lot when we have Dipo, if he can score like 20 in a game with Dipo scoring 30 we can be deadly most games.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We are 0-6 without Dipo, he is that important. We are still 30-25 and ok, just need Dipo back and healthy. Bogdanovic is Good but defers a lot when we have Dipo, if he can score like 20 in a game with Dipo scoring 30 we can be deadly most games.

You may be right about him deferring. I did not consider that

He's the older, more experienced player but he also probably recognized that Victor has all-star potential

He also mentioned playing international ball and being tired. With a long all-star break, he could be that 20 ppg guy in the last 8 weeks. He's a prime time shooter. He's been a shooter everywhere hes played

Losses like this are no big deal. Most teams lose when their top scorer is out.

I am worried about Myles Turner, though..He seems frustrated against the bigger, stronger players

..and Wednesday he gets Anthony Davis.

If we survive the time off, the down time might do Collison good for the final month. He's played a lot of minutes

• Like 1

They fought and came up short. It's hard to win without your best player when there is no clear second option to run the offense through. Too many times we went to Lance for that and when he is off, you cannot be in that role.

If they want Bogdanovic to be the second option they need to change the offense and run more screens to get him open. 

Again, I was hoping Myles would be the second option, but it just doesn't happen.

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

They fought and came up short. It's hard to win without your best player when there is no clear second option to run the offense through. Too many times we went to Lance for that and when he is off, you cannot be in that role.

If they want Bogdanovic to be the second option they need to change the offense and run more screens to get him open. 

Again, I was hoping Myles would be the second option, but it just doesn't happen.

Bogdonavic gets plenty of open shots..He just wasn't making them.

These last 3 games he's averaged 20 and that's what, to me,  he should average...

CBE made a good point about deferring..

We all forget that almost all these players are new to each other this season.//

Trade talk..Just a rumour..but from 2 sources..//not done yet but in the making

Cavs trade Channing Frye, Iman Shumpert, Jeff Green and their No.1 pick (Not the New Jersey pick they hold)

to the Lakers for Larry Nance Jr. Corey Brewer and Jordan Clarkson

Nance would give them rebounding with Kevin Love out and Clarkson will help a lot.

Jeff Green is not a bad player, though.

Lakers just clearing cap space for Paul George

..again..this is just a rumor

Edited by oldunclemark

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Really good to finally see the kind of player Bogdonavic can be....

He should get 18-20 every night and he should have some 30-point nights...like this 

That's why he came here.. and we need that

..and good to see Joe Young do well because he's got to play 20-30 minutes a night now and he's got to score 15-20 a game until Collison gets back.

We arent supposed to win without both Collison and Oladipo...//This was a good effort

Turner needs to figure it out we needed him tonight. We need  another guy that scores the ball This will be our 6th game minus Vic and our 6th L.  We 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Bogdonavic gets plenty of open shots..He just wasn't making them.

These last 3 games he's averaged 20 and that's what, to me,  he should average...

CBE made a good point about deferring..

We all forget that almost all these players are new to each other this season.//

I don't know about averaging 20 points. That's not something everybody does. Only 24 people are averaging 20 points right now in the entire league and there are 30 teams.

I think he could average 15 but he's only getting 10 shots a game. He'd have to shoot well every game to average even 15. If Bog is supposed to be the guy you want him to be, he should be getting more shots than Lance Stephenson.

9 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I don't know about averaging 20 points. That's not something everybody does. Only 24 people are averaging 20 points right now in the entire league and there are 30 teams.

I think he could average 15 but he's only getting 10 shots a game. He'd have to shoot well every game to average even 15. If Bog is supposed to be the guy you want him to be, he should be getting more shots than Lance Stephenson.

Blue;

Bogdonavic has always been a sub in the NBA...

He chose to come here for the chance to start. He wanted to be a factor..

He'll get more shots if he takes them. He had started shying away from shooting. Tonight, he was confident.. he knew he had to be a bigger part of the offense and he worked to get open

He's also got to drive to the basket when they run him off the 3-line because he's a 90% foul shooter.  He knows all this because he's more experinced than anyone we have

You watch. Tonight may have ben a turning pointy. He can get 5-6 foul shots a game and he can average 18-20 the rest of the season.....

Edited by oldunclemark

23 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Blue;

Bogdonavic has always been a sub in the NBA...

He chose to come here for the chance to start. He wanted to be a factor..

He'll get more shots if he takes them. He had started shying away from shooting. Tonight, he was confident.. he knew he had to be a bigger part of the offense and he worked to get open

He's also got to drive to the basket when they run him off the 3-line because he's a 90% foul shooter.  He knows all this because he's more experinced than anyone we have

You watch. Tonight may have ben a turning pointy. He can get 5-6 foul shots a game and he can average 18-20 the rest of the season.....

He started 54 games and played 27 minutes for one of the worst teams in the league (the Nets) last season before he got traded to the Wizards. They could have used his scoring if he was capable of that kind of production.

I don't agree that he can score 18-20 points but it's just my opinion so I'm not going to continue arguing it. I'll just see if he makes me eat crow.

I've felt that the Rockets were the biggest threat to the Warriors since before the season started and I still do.

However, it will be very interesting if Golden State and OKC battle in the playoffs. The Thunder seem to play down to their competition when playing bad teams, and look like the best team in the league against the elite teams.

And as much as we joke about PG's failure to hit game winning shots, he always rises to the occasion against the toughest teams whether it was in Indiana against LeBron or in OKC this year. And we all know what Russ can do.

This would be a great series to watch.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:14 PM, Bluefire4 said:

He started 54 games and played 27 minutes for one of the worst teams in the league (the Nets) last season before he got traded to the Wizards. They could have used his scoring if he was capable of that kind of production.

I don't agree that he can score 18-20 points but it's just my opinion so I'm not going to continue arguing it. I'll just see if he makes me eat crow.

The past does not predict the future. It never does

The 'I don't think he can score 18-20 thing' was said about Victor Oladipo.

When players are traded they are in different situations.

Bogdonavic has to play 30 minuets a  game and score 18-20 .  That's why we got him...

He has to shoot 40% or better from 3-point range.

I think he will after the all-star break. If not, he wont be with us next year

20 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

As happy as we all are that we got Oladipo out of the trade, Paul George is still a bad dude. He's probably DPOY.

People here started bad mouthing Paul George because of how he left.

He's still a 20ppg player who can get 30 or 40...and he's a defensive match for LBJ and Kevin Durant,

I think people around the country who saw little of him in Indiana are surprised at how good he is

6 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Sure why not. :dunno: 

The Blazers would probably like to dump Myers Leonard or Moe Harkless both have 2 more years at about 11M per. CJ's is due for a new deal. I love what Al has brought this year and Turners inability to stay on the floor is a concern but this would be a smart move. 

Would the Lakers do an unprotected 1st for Deng's 18M over the next 2yrs. Would we do that? 

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=1-22368703

Jordan Clarkson and Larry Nance Jr to the Cavs for Isiah Thomas and Channing Frye.  Cavs should be better at the pg position and back up power forward spot.  Lakers I am sure will waive Frye.  Thomas will only be paid through this year.  Lakers are clearing more space for 2019.  Isiah Thomas has went way down hill.  That trade Ainge made for Irving was great. 

2 hours ago, akcolt said:

The Blazers would probably like to dump Myers Leonard or Moe Harkless both have 2 more years at about 11M per. CJ's is due for a new deal. I love what Al has brought this year and Turners inability to stay on the floor is a concern but this would be a smart move. 

Would the Lakers do an unprotected 1st for Deng's 18M over the next 2yrs. Would we do that? 

We may do that Laker deal if it was this year's 1st. That should be a top 10 draft pick which would be good for us. It's not like we are getting any max contract free agents this offseason anyways so we could absorb Deng's salary.

I don't think the Lakers would do it unprotected. They may do a 2019 1st unprotected but I'm not taking that chance because they could get somebody like Paul George this summer. 

You might be on to something with Portland. Another team could be the Knicks as they are desperate to get rid of Noah. We've been linked to DeMaree Carroll as well, but I don't know if that fits into this particular situation.

4 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

We may do that Laker deal if it was this year's 1st. That should be a top 10 draft pick which would be good for us. It's not like we are getting any max contract free agents this offseason anyways so we could absorb Deng's salary.

I don't think the Lakers would do it unprotected. They may do a 2019 1st unprotected but I'm not taking that chance because they could get somebody like Paul George this summer. 

You might be on to something with Portland. Maybe the Knicks are desperate to get rid of Noah. We've been linked to DeMaree Carroll as well, but I don't know if that fits into this particular situation.

George Hill pleeaasse

4 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Me too. We can return to these conversations with teams in the summer if it comes to it.

No problem here either There is no reason to mess with what we have going on in our locker room if you aren't getting.what you want. 

The Cavs did some things gone are Wade Rose Crowder IT Frye and back Clarkson Nance Jr Hood and George Hill. 

• Like 1

Cleveland got a lot better defensively and a lot younger..

I wish we could have picked up a forward to help us. Glenn Robinson's recovery is way behind schedule and I dont know when he'll be playing.

We're still short on the bench and the East will be much tougher next year.

I dont know if we can make the playoffs with the roster we have. We're thin on the bench

I'm guessing the Carroll for Big Al rumor was not real or we'd have made that deal.

Maybe we can make a waiver wire pickup at forward. We need to