Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

up 51-45...Bogdonavic with 15 already....

..with no Collison...we have to have 20 or more from him

He's been delivering after a rough stretch. I really liked Bogy after watching him in the Olympics. He was a good signing a more complete player then he was thought to be. It's good to see Joe Young finding his game. He has always been able to score and was never going to be a PG.  He may have a future here yet. 

The Cavs look like that trade is going to work for them. G Hill's ability to pressure the ball and spot up for 3's is huge. Then a scorer like Clarkson off the bench plus Hood and Nance doesn't seem fair they added all that. J

After listening to Thad after tonight's game I think he's back next year for sure.  

On 'Paul Pierce Day' in Boston, Robert Parish apparently said that Paul Pierce is the best Boston Celtic offensive player ever.

Uh, no.

Bob Cousy?  Larry Bird? 

No. Robert/

Yeah, I was reading about that earlier today and thought to myself what a crock. Pierce wasn't even in the top three IMO. There was Bill Russell, Larry Bird and John Havlicek  ahead of him.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jshipp23 said:

I wouldn't expect anything from Robinson this year..Looks like he isn't close to his old self in clips I've watched from Mad Ants....Good to see Joe Young scoring, and playing with confidence, if he keeps playing like this it's gonna be huge for us...

I'm afraid you may be right about Glenn.....

There's 8 more weeks of the season but I'm afraid you may be right.

..and Joe Young can score and he hustles....He has flaws but he can score

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akcolt said:

He's been delivering after a rough stretch. I really liked Bogy after watching him in the Olympics. He was a good signing a more complete player then he was thought to be. It's good to see Joe Young finding his game. He has always been able to score and was never going to be a PG.  He may have a future here yet. 

The Cavs look like that trade is going to work for them. G Hill's ability to pressure the ball and spot up for 3's is huge. Then a scorer like Clarkson off the bench plus Hood and Nance doesn't seem fair they added all that. J

After listening to Thad after tonight's game I think he's back next year for sure.  

ak'

If Thad Young chooses to stay with us next year, we can bring this entire group back.

If he were to leave, we'd have to trade or go free agent to replace him and it would be difficult because he's a good two-way player with almost a decade of experience. We've actually had Thad play center for short periods against smaller teams.

If he was to go, we might have to make multiple changes because we really don't have another power forward except TJ leaf and TJ doesnt have much power.

We have a lot of guards and centers but we're a little light at forward.  Thad is our only real power forward and Bogan is our only true small forward. If Bogdonavic plays like he has the last 10 days, there's no question he'll be with us next year because he's under contract.

But Thad could leave us if he thinks he can bank $18-$20 mil a year someplace else

so I really hope you are right. we need him

..and Cleveland looked like they have a team that wants to play together and enjoys playing together.

Reminded me of us./

Yes they did. Boston had a rough weekend. We nearly ran them out of their gym then the Cavs straight smoked them.  I don't want to see Lebron & Co in the first round of the playoffs. I never did even with our success against them. I'd take Boston if I had to pick of the probable top 3. We are going to have a pretty good idea of where we are by the end of March. We have 3 vs Wiz 2 on the road the Bucks home and home Boston and Philly on the road and the Heat and Toronto in Indy.  That's 8 games with the teams we are battling for playoff position. 

We could win all those games and make a big playoff move. We keep getting better and better and better where we need to. The D has gotten better at least in spurts and we aren't nearly as leaky on the defensive boards We still give up too many offensive rebounds. Turner is getting scrappy in there. He seems to be finding his groove. He's only started 37 games this year. It makes sense we have only seen flashes of what he can be for us. We will get Collison and GR3 back before that stretch. 

Vic is the engine that makes this train roll. I love watching him play and he seems to be getting better with each passing month. I think we will be a very tough out when the playoffs get here. We have a young team but a team that has experience in the playoffs.  Dipo has only been there last season and didn't play that well. That's great news for us Vic will have a chip on his shoulder.  

7 hours ago, akcolt said:

Yes they did. Boston had a rough weekend. We nearly ran them out of their gym then the Cavs straight smoked them.  I don't want to see Lebron & Co in the first round of the playoffs. I never did even with our success against them. I'd take Boston if I had to pick of the probable top 3. We are going to have a pretty good idea of where we are by the end of March. We have 3 vs Wiz 2 on the road the Bucks home and home Boston and Philly on the road and the Heat and Toronto in Indy.  That's 8 games with the teams we are battling for playoff position. 

We could win all those games and make a big playoff move. We keep getting better and better and better where we need to. The D has gotten better at least in spurts and we aren't nearly as leaky on the defensive boards We still give up too many offensive rebounds. Turner is getting scrappy in there. He seems to be finding his groove. He's only started 37 games this year. It makes sense we have only seen flashes of what he can be for us. We will get Collison and GR3 back before that stretch. 

Vic is the engine that makes this train roll. I love watching him play and he seems to be getting better with each passing month. I think we will be a very tough out when the playoffs get here. We have a young team but a team that has experience in the playoffs.  Dipo has only been there last season and didn't play that well. That's great news for us Vic will have a chip on his shoulder.  

Our best chance to win a series is to get the 4 or 5 Seed, we will avoid Boston, Toronto, and Cleveland. We can beat anyone else in a series.

52 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Our best chance to win a series is to get the 4 or 5 Seed, we will avoid Boston, Toronto, and Cleveland. We can beat anyone else in a series.

Me personally don't get the concept of avoiding any team in the playoffs.  If you are going to have a chance at winning a championship you have to beat any team you have to go through. The mindset of avoiding any team is giving the impression you are scared of them. To be the best you have to beat the best. Till that happens you will never be the best.

11 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Me personally don't get the concept of avoiding any team in the playoffs.  If you are going to have a chance at winning a championship you have to beat any team you have to go through. The mindset of avoiding any team is giving the impression you are scared of them. To be the best you have to beat the best. Till that happens you will never be the best.

I know what you're saying.  But you play 3 teams to win the conference and you'd like 3 favorable matchups for your team. You cant actually avoid anybody but its the same title even if you don't beat the top three seeds.

For example, If we are the '4' or '5' seed, we might likely play Washington, a team I think we matchup well with.

Were we to win, I'd rather play Boston than Toronto. On the floor, we match up better with Boston.

To win the conference, you're almost always going to have to beat 2 of the top 4 seeds. Its not in our control.

I just think the Pacers would be better off facing Washington and Boson in the first two rounds than facing Cleveland and Toronto.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I'm not as impressed with Boston as you seem to be. I think we can beat them losing Gordon was huge and it'll be big in the playoffs They are crazy if they try to rush him back IMO.  Ideally we get the Bucks or Wiz then face Boston but I'd feel confident seeing them round 1. They are counting on some young guys for big minutes. That team looks like its hit the wall already. We have CoJo to slow Kyrie and Vic is averaging 36.5 ppg vs the C's. There's the matter that we should be 2-0 vs them when Dipo plays. 

We never wanted the Cavs in the 1st round I don't care what happened in the regular season. The Raptors are best avoided in the 1st round too agree there.  Those are the best two playoff teams  in the east IMO. It'd be nice if they played each other round 2. 

56 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I know what you're saying.  But you play 3 teams to win the conference and you'd like 3 favorable matchups for your team. You cant actually avoid anybody but its the same title even if you don't beat the top three seeds.

For example, If we are the '4' or '5' seed, we might likely play Washington, a team I think we matchup well with.

Were we to win, I'd rather play Boston than Toronto. On the floor, we match up better with Boston.

To win the conference, you're almost always going to have to beat 2 of the top 4 seeds. Its not in our control.

I just think the Pacers would be better off facing Washington and Boson in the first two rounds than facing Cleveland and Toronto.

That's one way to look at it. The other way is if you beat the higher seed you have got through the toughest part. The rest by reason should be easier. Sometimes catching the best teams right off the bat is better than letting them get momentum. Just a different point of view.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

You know who this Pacers team needs?  Damian Lillard.  I know it's not going to happen, but I think it would be such a great fit.  He's so underrated

Dame is one of my favorite players in the league. He seems to get forgotten at times out in Portland. He's one of the top PG's in the league. Curry is the only guy I take over Dame although Russ is right there too. the You are right that's not happening. CJ might be available word is they want to change up that backcourt. CJ wouldn't be a bad consolation prize. Vic handles the ball a lot so CJ could play more like a 2. 

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

I think this team is one big move away from being a contender.  Right now, they're very good.  Add Leonard or Lillard and I think they become one of the league's best and can compete for a championship

I agree but at what cost. To get a player of that caliber it would take one or two players from our stating roster and that would kill the chemistry.  Our young players are our future and trading a couple of them away would not be what we need right now.  We are stuck between a rock and a hard spot at this point.

The only way I see us getting better with our young players is Simon coming off that money and going over the cap when that one player becomes available.

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I agree but at what cost. To get a player of that caliber it would take one or two players from our stating roster and that would kill the chemistry.  Our young players are our future and trading a couple of them away would not be what we need right now.  We are stuck between a rock and a hard spot at this point.

The only way I see us getting better with our young players is Simon coming off that money and going over the cap when that one player becomes available.

I guess we do have some options that don't require us to lose major players.  We could trade Leaf and draft picks?

36 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I guess we do have some options that don't require us to lose major players.  We could trade Leaf and draft picks?

This is true. Hopefully next draft we can trade and get a good return or keep the pick if it's the right player. Playing like we have been playing chances are a new young player would be tuff to wait for him to mature. That's where we are at with half out roster now unfortunately. IMO I think the Pacers will get better but we are still that one piece away.

12 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I did use the word avoid but that wasn't really my main point. I was just stating what gives us the best chance to win a series. Our chances are obviously better vs the Heat/Bucks/ or Wizards compared to the Cavs, Celtics, or Raptors. My thinking is if we win 1 series, our confidence goes way up and then we have momentum as well moving on to the next series. I would rather play the Cavs, Celtics, or Raptors in the later rounds is really is what I am saying. Pistons lost again tonight so that is good news, they are now 27-29 as the 9th Seed. We sit at 32-25 4.5 games ahead of them. They would have to gain 5 games to pass us as of now. Even if we finish 8th I would be fine with it because before the season started I had us winning around 35 games like most of ESPN did and not making the Playoffs. Oladipo is the Superstar I didn't see coming!

• Like 1

Celtics might get better when nutcase Marcus Smart comes back. He seems to make them "tick" defensively and gives them random spurts of energy off the bench.

And yes he is nuts. He has been out since January 23rd when he lacerated his left hand smashing up paintings in a hotel in L.A. after losing to the Lakers. A year ago he punched a hole in a hotel wall in Washington. He shoved fans in college lol. He is sort of a Ron Artest.

He locked down Curry for 9 points early in the season and gets under the skin of James Harden etc.

C's have been straight up off and on TRASH for the last few weeks or so. lmao Like utter complete trash but it's been kinda funny at times since they been so helter skelter. I am hoping Smart being out is a difference since I am doubting Hayward comes back this year and I am not sure they should bother, let him get 100% for next year. Sounds like Brad Stevens doesn't want Hayward to play this season either. 

I am still fully expecting at this point Lebron to still win the east though. And I also fully expect the refs to help it happen. 

Raptors will probably finish first right now unless they lost the remaining final 2 matchups vs. the C's or fell into a slump and Boston went on a hot streak again sometime. Raptors are pretty hungry and have a great bench. But until they don't choke in the postseason........doubters will doubt. And it's a team from CANADA, I can't get into that. They have a pretty easy schedule though the rest of the way.

Celtics, not sure. I would not even mind if the C's fell down a spot or two since I think it's better to have lower expectations. Last years Celtics over achieved to squeeze out the first seed in the last few weeks since the Cavs tanked games. This year there is more competition in the east. And the C's padded their win total early in the year with the 16 game win streak but are not that great lately, not even close. They have been more like the 8th seed lately than a first or second.

And btw Greg Monroe is A HOUSE on the court. It's like this huge huge thing roaming around there slowly when he is playing. lmaolmaolmaolmao 

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I did use the word avoid but that wasn't really my main point. I was just stating what gives us the best chance to win a series. Our chances are obviously better vs the Heat/Bucks/ or Wizards compared to the Cavs, Celtics, or Raptors. My thinking is if we win 1 series, our confidence goes way up and then we have momentum as well moving on to the next series. I would rather play the Cavs, Celtics, or Raptors in the later rounds is really is what I am saying. Pistons lost again tonight so that is good news, they are now 27-29 as the 9th Seed. We sit at 32-25 4.5 games ahead of them. They would have to gain 5 games to pass us as of now. Even if we finish 8th I would be fine with it because before the season started I had us winning around 35 games like most of ESPN did and not making the Playoffs. Oladipo is the Superstar I didn't see coming!

Even the Heat/Bucks/Wizards scare me LOL. Everyone scares me but Lebron is the scariest.

lebron-james-destroys-celtics.jpg

BTW I love Wade being back on the Heat.......just feels so natural and right again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I had to post this meme btw, so forgive me.

C_RXemHUQAEGbLO.jpg:large

lmaolmaolmao 

I can't help it though, until Lebron does get knocked off who can say he is getting knocked off yet? I still dig Lebron deep down. He is a beast. A BEAST. An otherworldly beast.

Sorry I am spamming a bit tonight. lmao 

Pacers future is bright too. I mean you all are even getting Leonard based on this thread.

kawhi-pacers.jpg?w=688&h=367

And the Celtics are getting Davis this summer too.

Davis-Kyrie.jpg

We are all gonna be alllllll set for next season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jules said:

I had to post this meme btw, so forgive me.

C_RXemHUQAEGbLO.jpg:large

lmaolmaolmao 

I can't help it though, until Lebron does get knocked off who can say he is getting knocked off yet? I still dig Lebron deep down. He is a beast. A BEAST. An otherworldly beast.

Sorry I am spamming a bit tonight. lmao 

Pacers future is bright too. I mean you all are even getting Leonard based on this thread.

kawhi-pacers.jpg?w=688&h=367

And the Celtics are getting Davis this summer too.

Davis-Kyrie.jpg

We are all gonna be alllllll set for next season.

Tough to bet against LeBron when it comes to the East. He's won the East 7 times in a row. He's been the best player in the league for a long time as well. All-Time he's Top 10 IMO and nobody else currently playing is. I will tell you this, if we get Leonard somehow to go with Oladipo I will party for a week!

• Like 2

Still hearing mixed stuff on Gordon Hayward. Brad made it sound like no return for this year outside of him on the sidelines. But a good C's source on the radio today who has been right a lot claims he is coming back this season.

I miss Gordon. I  miss him so much. People forget what a great player he was.

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tough to bet against LeBron when it comes to the East. He's won the East 7 times in a row. He's been the best player in the league for a long time as well. All-Time he's Top 10 IMO and nobody else currently playing is. I will tell you this, if we get Leonard somehow to go with Oladipo I will party for a week!

I hope it happens. I never heard anything about it outside this forum but it would be a slick move for the Pacers to put them in the top elite group in the east.

Leonard is one of the few I have seen too who has been able to guard Lebron well.

The only thing is........whats the deal with his injuries?

2 hours ago, Jules said:

I hope it happens. I never heard anything about it outside this forum but it would be a slick move for the Pacers to put them in the top elite group in the east.

Leonard is one of the few I have seen too who has been able to guard Lebron well.

The only thing is........whats the deal with his injuries?

I am not sure about how bad his injury is? That is puzzling, the Spurs aren't saying much.

Cleveland looking excellent in their second game in a row. First in Boston and now in OKC, a week ago they probably lose both those games. A renewed and engaged Lebron. Great ball movement. Terrific athletes that compliment Lebron without demanding a certain number of shots themselves.

giphy.gif

Oh well, it is what it is. Probably done predicting games for the rest of the year and will just see how the chips fall later on with results. And hoping for miracles.

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cavs beat Thunder. Here we go again with LeBron flipping the switch lmao 

They flipped the players more so than the switch...

.... LBJ is still the best player in the East.....BUT

...The Cavs 2nd unit (Clarkson, Hood, Jeff Green, Larry Nance and Kyle Korver) is going to be very hard to handle.

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not sure about how bad his injury is? That is puzzling, the Spurs aren't saying much.

What's the theory on the Pacers acquiring Kawhi Leonard

He's got 2 years left on a max contract and he's been hurt all year

Forgetting that he may have a serious undisclosed injury (I think they're holding him back for the playoffs at this point) But he's not a free agent and we'd have to trade more than one regular player to get him.

How would that work?

10 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

What's the theory on the Pacers acquiring Kawhi Leonard

He's got 2 years left on a max contract and he's been hurt all year

Forgetting that he may have a serious undisclosed injury (I think they're holding him back for the playoffs at this point) But he's not a free agent and we'd have to trade more than one regular player to get him.

How would that work?

There is really no theory to it, it would take a crap load to get him in a trade. It was brought up the other day out of fun because he isn't happy in San Antonio.

• Thanks 1

There aren't a llt of guys we can get this summer who fit what we need.

I like Tyreke Evans and I don't think Memphis wants to resign him because he'll be 29 next season.

He's a 6-foot-6 guard but we play 3 guards a lot of the time anyway...many teams do now.

And obviously it would benefit us to take Rodney Hood off the Cavs......another 6-foot-6 wing

Cavs are over the cap..we are well under it...

But everybody will want these 2 guys