Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I thought they'd be better (we all did) but I'm wondering if what happened today says more about Boston than it does about Cleveland.   3 losses in a row for the Celtics and they look tired

I find teams that go super hard right at the start of the season tend to burn themselves out.  I think the #1 seed is overrated.  Maintain a top 3 standing in your conference so you can still have home court for the playoffs, but don't burn yourself out.  Use the regular season to try different lineup combinations and experiment a bit.  Then when it comes time for the playoffs, you go hard

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I thought they'd be better (we all did) but I'm wondering if what happened today says more about Boston than it does about Cleveland.   3 losses in a row for the Celtics and they look tired

Two losses for Celtics, they won in Washington the night before playing Indy. 

Celtics are tired and too young but at this game.... Lebron is hardcore back, the dead weight is gone, the open east is now gone. 

Next year will rock though for Boston. 

There's a good story on the Pacers web site that mentions that as many as 6 players came to Kevin Pritchard at one time or another and asked him not to make major changes to the team at the trade deadline.

They said the team likes playing together and will continue to improve..

That's rare. A team that is not in first place and isn't high in the conference standing saying 'we're Ok. we're good.

Dont trade any of us.   We're going to get better."

Doesn't mean anything in the standings but I like the positive attitude

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

There's a good story on the Pacers web site that mentions that as many as 6 players came to Kevin Pritchard at one time or another and asked him not to make major changes to the team at the trade deadline.

They said the team likes playing together and will continue to improve..

That's rare. A team that is not in first place and isn't high in the conference standing saying 'we're Ok. we're good.

Dont trade any of us.   We're going to get better."

Doesn't mean anything in the standings but I like the positive attitude

Yeah I saw KP just talking about that.  That's kind of cool, "we deserve it." 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We haven't been 7 games over .500 all year, it's about to happen to put us 32-25. We are toying with NY. Pistons lost too so they are 27-28 below .500 again. I am keeping an eye on them. They are the 9th Seed. Cavs destroyed the Celtics today as well.

You make a good point. We probably should be looking at the Pistons because that's the team that is or isn't going to knock us out of the playoffs.

5th-thru-8th is almost the same position with the shuffling going going at the top of the conference.

...there's no way to know who we'd face

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

You make a good point. We probably should be looking at the Pistons because that's the team that is or isn't going to knock us out of the playoffs.

5th-thru-8th is almost the same position with the shuffling going going at the top of the conference.

...there's no way to know who we'd face

Yep. I have been keeping on eye on them for a while. After they got Griffin I was like good grief! They are a team that can get hot and have been lately. Luckily the Griffin affect has worn off and they have dropped 2 in a row to fall too 27-28. They had won 5 in a row. A win here puts us 32-25 = 4 games ahead of them.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Bogy has 20 again, been averaging that over the last 6 games. Pacers still up 10.

Is he being more selfish (in a good way) on offense because we have been shorthanded the last 10 days?

Whatever the reason....he's showing what he can do. He does seem more active.

Meanwhile..the lead is down to 7/.

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Sabonis got his britches pulled down and called for the Foul, don't think I have ever seen that one before lmao. That guy could get ran over and stripped searched and be whistled for a violation!

It really is amazing how he seems to get a shaky whistle from the refs. 

• Like 1