Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Denver is up 109-104 over the Warriors, late in the 4th. Man Denver is tough at home.

Denver won 115-108..

That's a place you just dont want to play. they play a fast pace and wear you out...

If Denver is the '8' seed and Golden State is the '1' seed, that's going to be a long series.

You're unlikely to sweep back-to-back games in Denver.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Denver won 115-108..

That's a place you just dont want to play. they play a fast pace and wear you out...

If Denver is the '8' seed and Golden State is the '1' seed, that's going to be a long series.

You're unlikely to sweep back-to-back games in Denver.

By long do you mean 5 games? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, akcolt said:

By long do you mean 5 games? 

I am sure he meant 6 with Denver taking the middle 2 in Denver. The Warriors will probably win it all again but teams will give them more trouble in the Playoffs. Rockets are a lot better than I thought and I still think OKC can be dangerous as they have shown signs lately of playing much better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am sure he meant 6 with Denver taking the middle 2 in Denver. The Warriors will probably win it all again but teams will give them more trouble in the Playoffs. Rockets are a lot better than I thought and I still think OKC can be dangerous as they have shown signs lately of playing much better.

about Denver...in the last 10 days, they've beaten OKC and GSW and they lost to Boston when they didn't see an open man under the basket on the last play for an uncontested layup.  Everybody who plays at Denver looks slow and tired...and that may not change in April and May.

And I'll say it again about Golden State.  This is not a young team anymore.  Steph Curry is 30 next month. Kevin Durant is 30 in the fall.   The bench is good but Andre I, David West, Swaggy P and Shaun Livingston are all on the dark side of 30. .

They have to stay healthy and play well for 2 months and beat 2 of the 3 (OKC, San Antonio or Houston).  Houston leads the NBA in 3-point shots. Golden State leads the NBA in technical fouls.

I'm not sure the Warriors win the West anymore. Maybe they're just bored but they are not playing very well on defense. And this is an older team.  If Houston is the No.1 seed in the West, I think they beat Golden State.,

Edited by oldunclemark

..and we probably need to keep Al Jefferson for the rest of the year..

The bigger, stronger centers still push Myles Turner around and, right or wrong, Sabonis draws a lot of fouls.

Boston and Cleveland don't have big centers but Detroit and Philadelphia sure do.

Al has a lot of  value for 5-10 minutes throwing up some shots and grabbing a few rebounds..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

..and we probably need to keep Al Jefferson for the rest of the year..

The bigger, stronger centers still push Myles Turner around and, right or wrong, Sabonis draws a lot of fouls.

Boston and Cleveland don't have big centers but Detroit and Philadelphia sure do.

Al has a lot of  value for 5-10 minutes throwing up some shots and grabbing a few rebounds..

Detroit is a matchup nightmare for us...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

That's so true..  They killed us on the boards before they got Blake Griffin.

I'd rather face Washington or Miami or Cleveland than Detroit

Me too....I want no part of Detroit..If Turner had to play them in a series he would end up with ptsd...

11 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Me too....I want no part of Detroit..If Turner had to play them in a series he would end up with ptsd...

We've got to get a big strong rebounding forward (read; Larry Nance) that we can bring off the bench to help us against  the bigger, stronger teams when Al is no longer here.

As much as the West teams spread the floor and shoot 3s, the East teams like Toronto, Phily. and Detroit still rough it up and push around guys like Myles and TJ Leaf and Sabonis.

We need our young forwards to go to 'boot camp' and get seriously bigger and stronger

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 1

...LeBron said after last night's Cavs loss that Cleveland shouldnt be on National TV right now.

Hard to argue.

But I look at the 'National TV schedule (ABC, ESPN and NBA-TV) and again, and its OKC, GSW and the Wizards

I understand. The schedules are made up before the season starts.

But could anybody squeeze in one or two Pacers games..maybe home against Toronto or  GSW.

Would the world end if LeBron and the Knicks weren't on TV every week?.

27 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Cavs are a hot mess right now.  Too many old players who don't play defense.  They have so many guys they could/should trade, like JR Smith and Tristan Thompson.  A new coach wouldn't hurt them either.  I think they're losing confidence in Lue

The Cavs are a hot mess because they let LeBron run the show. Coaches coach and players play.

12 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The Cavs are a hot mess because they let LeBron run the show. Coaches coach and players play.

I really like LeBron, but I do think he's made his fair share of mistakes by trying to act as coach or GM.  I think he's the one who lobbied for JR Smith to get a big contract when JR doesn't deserve it.  He wants to take care of his guys, but that came at the expense of the team

• Like 2

Warriors are tired, Steve Kerr admitted as much that they are fried and need the all star break. Warriors since playing the Celtics have been on cruise control for the last week without exerting full effort.

Of course Denver is a tough place to play too. It's like really tough. Denver is a playoff team at home and a lottery team on the road basically.

• Like 1

Boston rallied to win again without Kyrie Irving Sunday...and he'll be back by next Friday's game against the Pacers

The Pacers (30-24) have 28 games to play..

3 against Washington......2 against Golden State, 2 against Toronto and 2 at Boston

If we lose all nine but go 14-5 against lesser teams......we end up at 44-38..right?

To me, that's a positive outcome for out final 2 months...

The question is: Does 6-over-.500 make the playoffs?

Edited by oldunclemark

1 hour ago, Jules said:

Warriors are tired, Steve Kerr admitted as much that they are fried and need the all star break. Warriors since playing the Celtics have been on cruise control for the last week without exerting full effort.

Of course Denver is a tough place to play too. It's like really tough. Denver is a playoff team at home and a lottery team on the road basically.

The all-star break seems later this year.

Didn't it used to be in January?

Golden State's problem is that 4 of their players are on the all-star team and don't get much of a break.

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Golden State's problem is that 4 of their players are on the all-star team and don't get much of a break.

...All-star breaks been mid-February for as long as I've been watching basketball... I am young though.

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Boston rallied to win again without Kyrie Irving Sunday...and he'll be back by next Friday's game against the Pacers

3 against Washington......2 against Golden State, 2 against Toronto and 2 at Boston

If we lose all nine but go 14-5 against lesser teams......we end up at 44-38..right?

Update on Kyrie here, his quad thing happened in Denver.......the place of horrors btw.

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2018/02/boston_celtics_injuries_kyrie_3.html

BOSTON -- Boston Celtics guard Kyrie Irving and forward Marcus Morris will both miss Sunday's game against the Portland Trail Blazers, but are expected to join the team on an upcoming two-game road trip. 

The decision to travel suggests that both Irving (quad contusion) and Morris (bruised backside) could play Tuesday against the Toronto Raptors and/or Thursday against the Washington Wizards before returning to Boston to host the Indiana Pacers on Friday. Morris has said he expects to return Tuesday.

Regarding Irving, head coach Brad Stevens said, "He feels a lot better. He had a pretty good workout this morning. He worked out a little bit yesterday."

C's have a brutal week coming up.

Don't worry so much OldUncleM, Pacers will be FINE, you all play with too much energy to flub this up.:thmup:

We all need these tough runs to prepare for the postseason!!!

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Same thought I had. But I am wondering how intensely they will go in the all star game.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/2018-nba-all-star-game-rosters-winning-team-bonus-100k/g4tno2wcbzhr1vkxnue7wpgyt

The NBA is dangling a carrot in front of its All-Stars this year — a nice, $100,000 carrot.

According to a report from ESPN.com, each member of the winning All-Star team will collect a $100,000 bonus, while each member of the losing team will receive $25,000.

This monetary incentive, along with the new pick-up format in which LeBron James and Stephen Curry selected their teams, should help ensure a more competitive game.

"I think guys will definitely take the game more seriously,” Celtics forward and Team Stephen member Al Horford said. “In the last couple of years, the games haven't been good, and we're all aware of that. Regardless of that, I think guys are going to come out and compete. But that's a big incentive, for sure. We're going to be diving for loose balls out there."

Klay Thompson, another member of Team Stephen, agreed with Horford and said: "I think it will help, for sure. That's a lot of money.”

Okay there is incentive to win now. lmao

Pocketing a cool 100 grand is some good pocket change for an NBA player.

1 hour ago, Jules said:

Same thought I had. But I am wondering how intensely they will go in the all star game.

Friday and Saturday of all-star weekend are rest days basically. A 3 point contest for Klay is not that big of a deal. 

So basically they have Friday and Saturday off, play Sunday, and then get Monday-Wednesday of the following week off. They will get plenty of rest.

4 hours ago, Jules said:

You have to travel.....If you arent in the game, you stay at home

I think that matters. Its the travel that gets you ...not so much the play.

I'd rather my guys have a vacation in February

Just now, BleedBlu8792 said:

That's not true, a MAJORITY of the league is at the All-Star game. Too much going on for a lot of those guys not to be there. Parties and a whole lot of women...

I dont think that's true...

Nobody on the Pacers (much less Boston,. Cleveland or Toronto or any east coast team ) is going to fly to LA using their own money if they're not in the all-stars games or skills competition.

That's not happening.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Nobody on the Pacers (much less Boston,. Cleveland or Toronto or any east coast team ) is going to fly to LA using their own money if they're not in the all-stars games or skills competition.

That's not happening.

They aren't choir boys, they're professional basketball players with a lot of money. Seriously? A flight to LA is pocket change. The All Star game is big for these guys whether they are participating or not. Again, it's a big party for them and they get catered to their entire time there.

10 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

That's not happening.

They may not be going to LA for the festivities, but many people travel to go on vacation with families if they are not invited to all-star weekend. 

Everybody travels. Playing a physical game after traveling is the demoralizing part. Plus after all-star weekend they have 3 days off. Games don't start until the Thursday after all-star weekend.

22 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

You may be right..its always after the Super Bowl.

Just seems like we'll have played almost 60 games by the all-star break

Yeah though it may not seem like it, we are nearly 4 months into the NBA season. Only two months to go.

9 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

They may not be going to LA for the festivities, but many people travel to go on vacation with families if they are not invited to all-star weekend. 

Everybody travels. Playing a physical game after traveling is the demoralizing part. Plus after all-star weekend they have 3 days off. Games don't start until the Thursday after all-star weekend.

Everybody does not travel,  Blue...and 3 days is little  when you've played 60 games

Some of these players don't have families. Some live in the towns where they play.

And going home to be with mama isn't the same as going to LA to hit the parties.

My point is, you cant rest significantly if you;re in the all-star game..

If I'm trying to make the playoffs and my team is tired, I dont want 4 all-stars in LA (or 2 if you are the Pacers) going thorough the all-star fesitivities.

I'm not excited about Victor Oladipo being in both the slam dunk competition and the all-star game.

Domatas Sabonis wouldn't be going home to be with his family and he certainly wouldn't be in LA if he wasn't playing n that Future Stars game.  

And I would bet that nobody else on the Pacers s going to LA

Players wear out (see James Harden last year) in May. Its an honor but players who play 30 minutes a night are better off getting the week-long break. The idea of the long break is so they can rest, right?

10 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Yeah though it may not seem like it, we are nearly 4 months into the NBA season. Only two months to go.

I'm reading that while the time of the game in February has not changed..more of the schedule has been played..

There will be only 20-25 games after the all-star break and that's less than there have been.

Why do that? I dont know.

10 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

They aren't choir boys, they're professional basketball players with a lot of money. Seriously? A flight to LA is pocket change. The All Star game is big for these guys whether they are participating or not. Again, it's a big party for them and they get catered to their entire time there.

BB;

None of the Pacers are flying to LA on their own dime to hit the strip clubs.

We have strip clubs in Indy.

Now Joe Young and a cheerleader may  have to go so Victor will have someone to leap over in the slam dunk competition.

The Lakers and Clippers will be there but they like there,.

Nobody from Boston or Washington who is not in the game is going to fly to LA to drink and chase the honies. 

Some players actually might choose working out of their own to hitting the bars,

Edited by oldunclemark

50 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Everybody does not travel,  Blue...and 3 days is little  when you've played 60 games

Some of these players don't have families. Some live in the towns where they play.

And going home to be with mama isn't the same as going to LA to hit the parties.

My point is, you cant rest significantly if you;re in the all-star game..

If I'm trying to make the playoffs and my team is tired, I dont want 4 all-stars in LA (or 2 if you are the Pacers) going thorough the all-star fesitivities.

I'm not excited about Victor Oladipo being in both the slam dunk competition and the all-star game.

Domatas Sabonis wouldn't be going home to be with his family and he certainly wouldn't be in LA if he wasn't playing n that Future Stars game.  

And I would bet that nobody else on the Pacers s going to LA

Players wear out (see James Harden last year) in May. Its an honor but players who play 30 minutes a night are better off getting the week-long break. The idea of the long break is so they can rest, right?

Some people don't have families?! Are you serious?! I can't believe you are really trying to argue that if someone like Sabonis or Bogdonovic want to go to their home country instead of staying in Indiana that they'll be tired because of a plane ride.

If a player wants to leave Indiana so they can sit on a beach and chill in sunny California, they get just as much of a break as someone who stays home.

You don't know what anybody on this team does with their time? You can't just assume Oladopo and Sabonis would stay in Indiana if they didn't make all-star weekend.

49 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm reading that while the time of the game in February has not changed..more of the schedule has been played..

There will be only 20-25 games after the all-star break and that's less than there have been.

Why do that? I dont know.

The season started earlier this year so teams would have less back to backs and less times they play 3 games in 5 days so it makes sense to me.

3 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Some people don't have families?! Are you serious?! I can't believe you are really trying to argue that if someone like Sabonis or Bogdonovic want to go to their home country instead of staying in Indiana that they'll be tired because of a plane ride.

If a player wants to leave Indiana so they can sit on a beach and chill in sunny California, they get just as much of a break as someone who stays home.

You don't know what anybody on this team does with their time? You can't just assume Oladopo and Sabonis would stay in Indiana if they didn't make all-star weekend.

Easy now, Blue.  calm down.

I'm guessing you dont knw any NBA players any more than I do.

I'm guessing you know that some NBA players don't have wives and children..so they don't have families.

I'm also guessing you know that if players fly to other countries during the all-star break, that is tiring compared to staying in Indianpolis.  I'd also guess that you know that some NBA players say in town during the all-star break because they live in Indy during the season and they may have other commitments in town during the break..

..and I'd also assuming that you don't really think  that the majority of NBA player do not fly to the all-star city to party and chase women over the break. (which is the comment that somehow hijacked the discussion of the all-star break)

..and since Im assuming you know these things, that there is a some trolling going on here.

Trolling is fun.

Lets play Washington

26 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Easy now, Blue.  calm down.

I'm guessing you dont knw any NBA players any more than I do.

I'm guessing you know that some NBA players don't have wives and children..so they don't have families.

I'm also guessing you know that if players fly to other countries during the all-star break, that is tiring compared to staying in Indianpolis.  I'd also guess that you know that some NBA players say in town during the all-star break because they live in Indy during the season and they may have other commitments in town during the break..

..and I'd also assuming that you don't really think  that the majority of NBA player do not fly to the all-star city to party and chase women over the break. (which is the comment that somehow hijacked the discussion of the all-star break)

..and since Im assuming you know these things, that there is a some trolling going on here.

Trolling is fun.

Lets play Washington

The difference is that you assume things and I don't. You say NOBODY from the top teams in the East are going to all-star weekend when you do not know that. I said some people decide to travel and go on vacation which is a fact.

Families are more than wives and kids. There are plenty of players that are away from their parents, aunts, uncles etc. and use the all-star break to visit. 

I'm not part of the discussion that players travel on the all-star break to party, however some players not invited do go to support teammates and it happens every year. All players don't stay at home just because you say so. Some do and some don't and it's not really a problem with this much time off. 

23 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Yes but probably a 7 or 8 seed.

Welp... all of a sudden it's looking like a loss today for the Pacers.

Darren Collison is out for the next 2-3 weeks and Victor Oladipo isn't playing due to illness. Not good with the week of games we have ahead. Hopefully Oladipo is at least back on Wednesday, but I doubt we win today with how good the Wizards have been playing. 

We're 0-5 without Oladipo.

9 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Welp... all of a sudden it's looking like a loss today for the Pacers.

Darren Collison is out for the next 2-3 weeks and Victor Oladipo isn't playing due to illness. Not good with the week of games we have ahead. Hopefully Oladipo is at least back on Wednesday, but I doubt we win today with how good the Wizards have been playing. 

We're 0-5 without Oladipo.

What is wrong with Collison?