Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

10 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Myles had 22 points in 21 mins had a block and 4 rebounds dude is good when he will only be getting better with age 

CF, He's missed a dozen games this year with injury...

When Memphis gets here Wednesday...look at Mike Conley..

Hurt most of the year..not playing..$35 million in salary..You kill your team paying injured players..

Has he proven to you that he is worth $25 mil a year? We have to decide this summer

21 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Domatas Sabonis just walked in the door, Aaron..  Him and Myles play the same position.

..and you have to pay him, too. If Myles wants a contract that ends in a $30 mil season, he's going to have to go someplace else to get that.  What you give Myles, you will have to match in 2 years with Sabonis.

And we aren't going miles above the salary cap like Cleveland has. 

You know our management.

....don't you want to see Myles excel in the post-season before I give him 5 years and $125 mil.?

I do.

i think its too soon to rule out keeping both and playing them together.  i found an article with some interesting stats, but these guys have not even played together all that much.  https://hoopshabit.com/2018/01/29/indiana-pacers-can-myles-turner-domantas-sabonis-play-together/

hes not a free agent yet, the coaches still have time to figure this out

25 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i think its too soon to rule out keeping both and playing them together.  i found an article with some interesting stats, but these guys have not even played together all that much.  https://hoopshabit.com/2018/01/29/indiana-pacers-can-myles-turner-domantas-sabonis-play-together/

hes not a free agent yet, the coaches still have time to figure this out

I very much want to see them play together....and the fact that they haven't concerns me because we are going to have to pay Sabionis near what we play Turner...and we cant pay $20 mil for 2 guys who don't fit on the floor at the same time.  See what I'm saying?

Nate McMillan says that neither one of them can defense the '4' position very well.

..You are right..Myles isn't a free agent this summer...But he will be in the summer of 2019 and I wouldn't wait until then if we really want to keep him.  The fact that he has not played a full season this year might actually help us sign him at a reasonable price this summer.

Myles makes something like $5 next year. Final year of his rookie deal.

How about we tear that up and offer him $15-$16-$19-$20 mil for 4 years with a player and team option after 3 seasons.  If he becomes an all-star, he can opt out and go for big bucks at age 26. We can bid on him.

But we get 3 years.....at a reasonable price..and we can sign other players that we need to contend for the conference in that window where he and Victor (who is signed for the next 3 years at $21 mil) are under contract.

How does that sound?

39 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

CF, He's missed a dozen games this year with injury...

When Memphis gets here Wednesday...look at Mike Conley..

Hurt most of the year..not playing..$35 million in salary..You kill your team paying injured players..

Has he proven to you that he is worth $25 mil a year? We have to decide this summer

Good God mark 12 games and you wanna give up on a 21 year old kid 

Just now, oldunclemark said:

No. I want to know how much you want to pay him. Because we have to decide this summer

They will pay him what it takes mark stop worrying about crap that's not even here the pacers will not give up on a 21 year old kid with tons of talent just not happening 

4 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Blue...if we let Myles go, he could also be like Joakim Noah. We don't know.

And we just picked up 2 starters and two future max players in a trade last summer.

Please stop saying that 'nobody good is ever going to come to Indianapolis'  That's not true

"Weacquired 2 all-stars (Sabonis is a 'future star')for one all-star last summer

....you can only pay players so much....we aren't going over the salary cap. That's just the way it is

Myls coud be Victor Oladipo and Myles could also be Nicholas Batum. We have to guess.

I say again...Mike Conley makes $35 mil...Blake Griffin's final season (which someone must pay) is $37 mil.

If Myles wants 'Victor money, $20-$25 mil)' we sign him...If he wants Blake Griffin money ($37 mil at the end of his deal" you know we wont do that.   I hope his demands are in the 'Victor' range but he hasnt been so good that I would never consider dealing him.... I disagree with you there.

.and this summer is the time we must make that decision..

We got an all-star and a potential future all-star for a TOP 15 PLAYER. We're not going to be able to make trades like that whenever we feel like it. Especially if we let our few promising players walk for no compensation. And there are no Kevin Durant or even Blake Griffin quality players coming in here in free agency. We can sign Myles and still pick up the Darren Collison and Bogdonovic type players. If you don't see that Myles is going to get this money than I don't know what to tell you. Other teams will salivate at having a premier shot blocker at age 21 with plenty of years to transform his overall game.

And I repeat Myles cannot make 30 million on this contract. He has to wait until his next contract. The highest we can pay him is 27 million dollars and that's more than any other team will be able to pay him. 

And we don't have to pay him this offseason. Myles is not stupid, he's not going to sign a deal for less because he was hurt this year. He will play next year and get the most money that he can. 

And we can sign both Sabonis and Turner if the team around them is built correctly, but when it comes down to one or the other, I'm taking Myles every day of the week.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

We got an all-star and a potential future all-star for a TOP 15 PLAYER. We're not going to be able to make trades like that whenever we feel like it. Especially if we let our few promising players walk for no compensation. And there are no Kevin Durant or even Blake Griffin quality players coming in here in free agency. We can sign Myles and still pick up the Darren Collison and Bogdonovic type players. If you don't see that Myles is going to get this money than I don't know what to tell you. Other teams will salivate at having a premier shot blocker at age 21 with plenty of years to transform his overall game.

And I repeat Myles cannot make 30 million on this contract. He has to wait until his next contract. The highest we can pay him is 27 million dollars and that's more than any other team will be able to pay him. 

And we don't have to pay him this offseason. Myles is not stupid, he's not going to sign a deal for less because he was hurt this year. He will play next year and get the most money that he can. 

And we can sign both Sabonis and Turner if the team around them is built correctly, but when it comes down to one or the other, I'm taking Myles every day of the week.

Blue;

You must have come in late on this thread.

About 6 posts up I laid out exactly what I would pay Myles Turner in a 4-year deal.

Just what I'm asking. What do you pay him? 

When you talk about Myles getting 'his money' you have to say what 'his money' is.. and soon

That's the whole point. I don't want to heat about his potential or what he might do.

What do you offer  him THIS summer.

By the way.

Doesn't matter how we got the 2 all-stars.. We got them. So saying 'we cant get all-star caliber players to Indy' is just crazy talk. We just got two.

..and you say 'we don't have to offer Myles something this off-season' Really?

We're going to let our starting center play out the final year of his contract and hope to outbid 30 other teams for him or end up with nothing.???  You know that's wrong.

We will offer Myles a multi-year deal in the off-season and if he turns it down, we will look to see what we can get for him in trade That's how it works.   Our management isn't going to let another player play out the final year of his deal . Right?

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Looks like John Wall may miss the next two months. That could definitely help our playoff chances.

That's what I saw too. Wall is gone 4-6 weeks and that should definitely help us. We play the Wiz 3x over that span 2x @Washington. Bigger picture that could be a huge blow for the Wiz a team I thought might make some noise In the East. They are only 4.5 games ahead of Detroit and out of 9th place. The east looks like it'll be interesting right until the end. 

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Blue;

You must have come in late on this thread.

About 6 posts up I laid out exactly what I would pay Myles Turner in a 4-year deal.

Just what I'm asking. What do you pay him? 

When you talk about Myles getting 'his money' you have to say what 'his money' is.. and soon

That's the whole point. I don't want to heat about his potential or what he might do.

What do you offer  him THIS summer.

By the way.

Doesn't matter how we got the 2 all-stars.. We got them. So saying 'we cant get all-star caliber players to Indy' is just crazy talk. We just got two.

..and you say 'we don't have to offer Myles something this off-season' Really?

We're going to let our starting center play out the final year of his contract and hope to outbid 30 other teams for him or end up with nothing.???  You know that's wrong.

We will offer Myles a multi-year deal in the off-season and if he turns it down, we will look to see what we can get for him in trade That's how it works.   Our management isn't going to let another player play out the final year of his deal . Right?

We can pay Myles way more than anybody else and unlike Paul George, Myles isn't a guy entering his prime chasing championships. Paul George signed his first contract extension with us as well. I can't remember the last promising player who didn't sign the extension after their rookie deal.

But the main point is Myles Turner is worth the 27 million dollars he is going to get whether it is this summer or next summer.

• Like 1

We definitely need to show Myles the money. Get him locked in for at least 5 years as he is only 21. Dipo is only 25, Sabonis is only 21, and Lance just turned 27. That is a Solid4, not a Big4 but a Very Good young nucleus to add other Role Players around. Dipo is playing a SuperStar and Turner has the potential to be an All-Star next season. Sabonis is Good, and Lance is a super energy guy. It's tough to find 4 players like that, that love playing in Indiana and they are all young.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

We can pay Myles way more than anybody else and unlike Paul George, Myles isn't a guy entering his prime chasing championships. Paul George signed his first contract extension with us as well. I can't remember the last promising player who didn't sign the extension after their rookie deal.

But the main point is Myles Turner is worth the 27 million dollars he is going to get whether it is this summer or next summer.

I want to keep him...

My main point is....he has to agree to stay with us. And it really has to be this summer.

There's no waiting until his rookie deal is up...

That's why I suggest we buy out the final year of his rookie deal and offer him 4 years at $15-$20 mil..something less than Victor makes.

I don't think we can pay Myles more than Victor, agreed?

44 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We definitely need to show Myles the money. Get him locked in for at least 5 years as he is only 21. Dipo is only 25, Sabonis is only 21, and Lance just turned 27. That is a Solid4, not a Big4 but a Very Good young nucleus to add other Role Players around. Dipo is playing a SuperStar and Turner has the potential to be an All-Star next season. Sabonis is Good, and Lance is a super energy guy. It's tough to find 4 players like that, that love playing in Indiana and they are all young.

We will show him the money, The question is: How much money.?

He is wanted here.

But remember what we just went through. The team wants to sign him long term but we've watched the NBA a  long time and players dont always agree to stay where they're wanted

If he wont sign long term this summer..we obviously cant sit back and let him play out his

I want players who want to be here..and forgive me if, after the Paul George scenario (where he said he wanted to stay publically but told our front office that he would not resign privately) I want to see his reaction when we offer him the deal this summer..

Edited by oldunclemark

1 hour ago, akcolt said:

That's what I saw too. Wall is gone 4-6 weeks and that should definitely help us. We play the Wiz 3x over that span 2x @Washington. Bigger picture that could be a huge blow for the Wiz a team I thought might make some noise In the East. They are only 4.5 games ahead of Detroit and out of 9th place. The east looks like it'll be interesting right until the end. 

with John Wall out 2 months and Kevin Love out 2 months, the Pacers chances look better to not just make the playoffs but get a good slot.

I believe we have ended the season series with both Detroit and Cleveland but we have 3 games with Washington still to play.  (and 2 with the Blake-less Clippers)

Edited by oldunclemark

17 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I want to keep him...

My main point is....he has to agree to stay with us. And it really has to be this summer.

There's no waiting until his rookie deal is up...

That's why I suggest we buy out the final year of his rookie deal and offer him 4 years at $15-$20 mil..something less than Victor makes.

I don't think we can pay Myles more than Victor, agreed?

I would be absolutely shocked if he signed for anything less than what Victor is making. Victor was undervalued because he struggled with his shot and didn't play well with the Thunder. Not to mention that it was under a different collective bargaining agreement. Just because he had injuries this season doesn't mean Myles is going to let the team undervalue him. 

Also he doesn't have to agree to stay with us. The team makes the decision to keep him or not because even if he makes it to free agency, he will be a RFA so the team can match whatever deal another team offers. That's why you don't see all-star and superstar players leaving teams until they're around 26-28 years old.

20 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

We will show him the money, The question is: How much money.

The team wants to sign him long term but we've watched the NBA a  long time and players dont always agree to stay where they're wanted

If he wont sign long term this summer..we obviously cant sit back and let him play out his deal and walk

I don't see this as a Paul George situation. PG is much older and felt like Bird wasn't doing enough to make the team a contender + PG is from Cali and wants to be a Laker in reality. Myles is only 21 and loves playing with Dipo. I think it will take a lot of money to keep him but I think he stays if the deal is reasonable.

-Dipo being much better than everyone thought makes a huge difference because we are a Good team. If our team was Bad then I could see Myles exploring other options.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't see this as a Paul George situation. PG is much older and felt like Bird wasn't doing enough to make the team a contender + PG is from Cali and wants to be a Laker in reality. Myles is only 21 and loves playing with Dipo. I think he will take a lot of money to keep him but I think he stays if the deal is reasonable.

-Dipo being much better than everyone thought makes a huge difference because we are a Good team. If our team was Bad then I could see Myles exploring other options.

After rookie deals the players are RFA's so Myles really doesn't have a say in whether he stays or not. Even though he has publicly said that he loves Indiana anyway so that probably wouldn't matter.

• Like 1

Just now, Bluefire4 said:

I would be absolutely shocked if he signed for anything less than what Victor is making. Victor was undervalued because he struggled with his shot and didn't play well with the Thunder. Not to mention that it was under a different collective bargaining agreement. Just because he had injuries this season doesn't mean Myles is going to let the team undervalue him. 

Also he doesn't have to agree to stay with us. The team makes the decision to keep him or not because even if he makes it to free agency, he will be a RFA so the team can match whatever deal another team offers. That's why you don't see all-star and superstar players leaving teams until they're around 26-28 years old.

I dont think we'll offer Myles more than $21 million a  year...because Victor is our star and is much more a proven player than Myles.

That's a good point about the RFA......and I'd match a $20 mil 4 or 5 year deal because that's what Victor makes

..I just hope that Myles does not play out his 4th year and get an offer higher than that....

I wouldn't match an offer of $25 mil a year off of how he's played the first three years...

I want to see production down the stretch this year.....before he gets near the max

.....the NBA is littered with players like Nicholas Batum who got paid on potential

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't see this as a Paul George situation. PG is much older and felt like Bird wasn't doing enough to make the team a contender + PG is from Cali and wants to be a Laker in reality. Myles is only 21 and loves playing with Dipo. I think it will take a lot of money to keep him but I think he stays if the deal is reasonable.

I hope you are right....but I only want players who want to be here.

That's why we're playing so hard this year

..and we also have to pay Sabonis in 2 years and he'll want what Myles gets.

We have a lot of expiring contracts but we need to add players to contend for the conference.

Our front office has to think about paying everybody..and the goal is to win, not just pay everybody good cash

10 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

After rookie deals the players are RFA's so Myles really doesn't have a say in whether he stays or not. Even though he has publicly said that he loves Indiana anyway so that probably wouldn't matter.

Paul George said he loved Indiana, too.  He said he wanted to be Pacer for life, remember.?

We were fooled and we should be aware of the possibility that he will price himself out town.

We'll see.

Edited by oldunclemark

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Paul George said he loved Indiana, too.

You are worrying too much about this. Paul George's situation was much different as I already explained. I am just going to enjoy the rest of this season which has been a pleasant surprise and worry about the other the stuff this summer. I am more focused on our Playoff positioning and who may play to be honest. We still have 31 games left and this team has been fun to watch so I am just going to enjoy the journey until May or June.

34 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You are worrying too much about this. Paul George's situation was much different as I already explained. I am just going to enjoy the rest of this season which has been a pleasant surprise and worry about the other the stuff this summer. I am more focused on our Playoff positioning and who may play to be honest. We still have 31 games left and this team has been fun to watch so I am just going to enjoy the journey until May or June.

I think we can do both. Think about the future and enjoy the season.

One does not inhibit the other. Not one bit.

I am just talking about the the reality of the NBA. Paul George's situation is NOT significantly different than Myles.

He is wanted. He will be offered a deal. He has to want to stay with us.

And he has to sign this summer so we can build the team around him and Oladipo and Sabonis

If Myles doesn't sign ...we trade him for another player. We did it last summer. We can do it again.  Oladipo and Sabonis have been our best players this season.

There's not going to be any dragging this out, I'd bet. 

If Myles signs, we get to see if he can fulfill his potential.

I'm just surprised that folks who talk about how Myles has so much untapped potential cant put a number on how much they want to pay him.     You can bet our front office is putting a number on it right now

5 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I think we can do both. Think about the future and enjoy the season.

One does not inhibit the other. Not one bit.

I am just talking about the the reality of the NBA. Paul George's situation is NOT significantly different than Myles.

He is wanted. He will be offered a deal. He has to want to stay with us.

And he has to sign this summer so we can build the team around him and Oladipo and Sabonis

If Myles doesn't sign ...we trade him for another player. We did it last summer. We can do it again.  Oladipo and Sabonis have been our best players this season.

There's not going to be any dragging this out, I'd bet. 

If Myles signs, we get to see if he can fulfill his potential.

I'm just surprised that folks who talk about how Myles has so much untapped potential cant put a number on how much they want to pay him.     You can bet our front office is putting a number on it right now

Good news We have him on a 3.4M  option for next year then a 4.8M qualifying offer for the following season. According to Rotoworld that gives us 2yrs for Turner and Sabonis to come together.  Sabonis and Vic are locked up through 20-21. 

We have Vic at the bargain of 21M per. We are lucky he busted out. That deal had potential to cause problems. 

Thad is the front court piece that could potentially leave but why wouldn't he take his 13M option. CoJo has a 7.4M  player option in the backcourt. DC and Bogy's deals are non guaranteed and we have an option on Lance.  

We can keep this train rolling next season if we choose. The 2,guys could leave have fair deals on the table.  We need another big and a scoring wing. Why wait Big Al for Clarkson and Nance could work. 

• Thanks 1

I saw where LeBron said that there's no loyalty in the NBA....referring to Blake Griffin who was traded 1/2 a year after he was signed to a 5-year deal.

He said that players are criticized for leaving a town (he would know) but owners and franchises arent criticized for trading players after they signed them to long term deals. Really?

This logic has always bothered me. Players play for the NBA, not so much the town they are in.

If a player doesn't win, he gets paid. If he gets hurt, he gets paid. If he doesnt play at all, he still gets paid.

And Blake Griffin will still get the $37 mil in the final year of his contract.

Whether the Pistons win or not. Whether he plays well or not.  Whether he gets hurt or not.

Owners and GMs have to win or they are criticized severely. That's pro sports.

Look at the Pacers. We've been talking about Myles Turner, who got a 4-year deal when he came into the NBA.

He'll want to resign for more money because he's played well. I have no problem with that,

But Joe Young also got a 4-year deal. He doesnt play much at all. But he still gets his money.

I have no problem with that.

But if they traded him this week, I have no problem with that either.  His employer is actually the NBA.

He would still get paid whether he got paid or whether he even played. Guaranteed. Even though he's hardly ever played for us,

I dont think its unfair to be in a profession where you can get shipped to another franchise at a moments notice, if you still get paid .

The franchises have to do what they think is best to win games, which is their responsibility.

It is a double standard. One standard for employers and one for employees.

2 hours ago, akcolt said:

Good news We have him on a 3.4M  option for next year then a 4.8M qualifying offer for the following season. According to Rotoworld that gives us 2yrs for Turner and Sabonis to come together.  Sabonis and Vic are locked up through 20-21. 

We have Vic at the bargain of 21M per. We are lucky he busted out. That deal had potential to cause problems. 

Thad is the front court piece that could potentially leave but why wouldn't he take his 13M option. CoJo has a 7.4M  player option in the backcourt. DC and Bogy's deals are non guaranteed and we have an option on Lance.  

We can keep this train rolling next season if we choose. The 2,guys could leave have fair deals on the table.  We need another big and a scoring wing. Why wait Big Al for Clarkson and Nance could work. 

Its funny how Victor's contract is now considered 'a bargain', isn't it?

When we got him, it was OKC getting rid of a bad ($21 mil a year) contract, remember?

You're right. We could keep this entire team together next season if Thad and Cory Joseph agree to stay.

In truth, Thad Young could get more money else where. He's played well. I'd bet we offer him a year or two more to stay. Maybe that's crazy at his age but he anchors our defense. Do you think he'll stay with us?

I'd sign Cory Joseph long term (3 or 4 years) if he'd accept $10 to $15 mil. He's relatively young and has playoff experience.   But he may want to start and I think we'll keep Collison so Joseph cant start here yet. .

That leaves us with Bogan Bogdonavic. I loved it when we got him because of his shooting and his experience.  I was wrong. His defense is OK but he has not played nearly as well on offense as I had hoped. We have to look for a wing shooter (or 2) who can give us 15-20 points a night or defend top players.

I love Larry Nance Junior and he's on a low bucks contract for one more year. And Clarkson is that wing who can get 15-20 a night...and he's signed at $13 mil for 2 more years.

He could start for us on the wing now. Both are about 25, right?

I'm not sure the Lakers are in as big a hurry to trade them as the media says. 

We'll know soon.

Edited by oldunclemark
spell

On 1/30/2018 at 8:53 AM, oldunclemark said:

Nate McMillan says that neither one of them can defense the '4' position very well.

turner should be able to do that, maybe not great at it but decent.  they could have them switch between 4 and 5 on offense and defense or based on match ups

we would be in business if that worked out and they find a 3 that can score

RIP Rasual Butler

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22275745/former-nba-player-rasual-butler-38-dies-car-crash

Former NBA player Rasual Butler was one of two people killed in a single-vehicle crash in Studio City, California, early Wednesday morning, the Los Angeles County coroner's office confirmed to ESPN. He was 38.

Butler was pronounced dead at the scene at 2:35 a.m. after his Range Rover struck parking meters and a wall and rolled into a parking lot, the coroner's office said. An autopsy report is pending.

Man that was a scary game, but we pulled it out. Needed that win at home against a team with basically half of their players either injured or sitting out due to oncoming trades.

Looks like Nate McMillan will not be at practice tomorrow and will not be coaching the game on Friday in Charlotte for personal reasons. Dan Burke will take over until Saturday against the 76ers.

15 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

When we got him, it was OKC getting rid of a bad ($21 mil a year) contract, remember?

You're right. We could keep this entire team together next season if Thad and Cory Joseph agree to stay.

In truth, Thad Young could get more money else where. He's played well. I'd bet we offer him a year or two more to stay. Maybe that's crazy at his age but he anchors our defense. Do you think he'll stay with us?

I'd sign Cory Joseph long term (3 or 4 years) if he'd accept $10 to $15 mil. He's relatively young and has playoff experience.   But he may want to start and I think we'll keep Collison so Joseph cant start here yet. .

That leaves us with Bogan Bogdonavic. I loved it when we got him because of his shooting and his experience.  I was wrong. His defense is OK but he has not played nearly as well on offense as I had hoped. We have to look for a wing shooter (or 2) who can give us 15-20 points a night or defend top players.

I love Larry Nance Junior and he's on a low bucks contract for one more year. And Clarkson is that wing who can get 15-20 a night...and he's signed at $13 mil for 2 more years.

We'll know soon.

Another win tonight, first time this season we are 6 games above .500. Now at 29-23 and we are beating the teams that we should beat which is a great sign moving forward. Regarding Bogdanovic, I disagree, I would keep him as he is our best Floor Spreader. He is streaky but when he's on we are really tough to beat. If it wasn't for him tonight we would've lost. Larry Nance Jr can shoot to save his life, Bogdanovic is a better player.

16 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

We'll know soon.

Yeah a lot of complaints about Vic's contract on here for sure.

I think Thad stays. We need him until TJ gets stronger It'd be nice if that happened by this time next season. I'd keep CoJo around too. 

Bogy started off shooting well He was our 2nd leading score may still be. He shot 50%fg and 40% 3pt for about 2 1/2 months his shooting will come back around. He's been logging mins with GR3 down. 

The word is the Lakers want to trim as much as possible If it's true then those 2 will be going somewhere They shouldn't be hard to move.

We finish January 10-5 for the month winning 7 of 10 and 5 of our last 6 game.  We need to keep the winning going. We have 7 more games before the break and we sit tied w/Washington for 5th. Miamis in 4th place is a 1/2 game away and the 3rd place Cavs are only 2 clear. 

We have big home games with Philly and the Wiz and visit the Celtics mixed among our 7 before the break. Philly is the backend of a back to back. We should win at home regardless of the situation or opponent  

We look to be in good position.  The Cavs and Wiz have been hit w/injuries and the Heat are coming back to earth. We are heating up it would be huge to finish strong. 

Myles is back his return not only gives us some momentum but most  importantly he's a guy whose capable of getting 20 any given night. 

It would be big to get GR3 back and start integrating him. I'm going to say it again I think we get to 4th by the break. I wouldn't be shocked if we move Big Al. Either way this is a team I wouldn't want to see in the playoffs. 

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Another win tonight, first time this season we are 6 games above .500. Now at 29-23 and we are beating the teams that we should beat which is a great sign moving forward. Regarding Bogdanovic, I disagree, I would keep him as he is our best Floor Spreader. He is streaky but when he's on we are really tough to beat. If it wasn't for him tonight we would've lost. Larry Nance Jr can shoot to save his life, Bogdanovic is a better player.

Bogdonavic is a better shooter. He's certainly not a better rebounder, defender or shot blocker.

CBE...you know Bogdonavic  went scoreless in 24 minutes against Charlotte and he's shooting 29% from 3-point range in the last month, right?  I wanted to acquire him and I thought his experience would benefit us. But it hasnt worked out like I thought it would. He's rarely 'on' as a shooter and that's what we need most from him.   He came here because he wanted to start.  I have liked his game but his shooting has been a disappointment.    30 games left.

Maybe he'll be good in the playoffs, if we get there.

But Larry Nance plays Thad Young's positon. That's where he'd help us. I know you watch the Lakers. Nance shoots 60% from the floor,. He doesnt shoot 3s but we wouldn't ask him to.

Nance is an excellent rebounder and shot blocker. Averages about 9 (points) and 7 (rebounds) in 22-23 minutes .  We need that coming of the bench and Thad Young can walk away from us after this year if we don't sign him to a bigger, better deal.   Nance would then start at the '4' position and do what he's doing now for the Lakers, I believe.  Nance and TF Leaf would share the '4' role. Leaf is going to eventually start at the '4' one he gets a pro body.

But Nance and Bogdonavic don't have anything to do with each other position-wise or role-wise.

We could conceivably start both next season if we had both.

Edited by oldunclemark

3 hours ago, akcolt said:

We finish January 10-5 for the month winning 7 of 10 and 5 of our last 6 game.  We need to keep the winning going. We have 7 more games before the break and we sit tied w/Washington for 5th. Miamis in 4th place is a 1/2 game away and the 3rd place Cavs are only 2 clear. 

We have big home games with Philly and the Wiz and visit the Celtics mixed among our 7 before the break. Philly is the backend of a back to back. We should win at home regardless of the situation or opponent  

We look to be in good position.  The Cavs and Wiz have been hit w/injuries and the Heat are coming back to earth. We are heating up it would be huge to finish strong. 

Myles is back his return not only gives us some momentum but most  importantly he's a guy whose capable of getting 20 any given night. 

It would be big to get GR3 back and start integrating him. I'm going to say it again I think we get to 4th by the break. I wouldn't be shocked if we move Big Al. Either way this is a team I wouldn't want to see in the playoffs. 

ak, I am as optimistic as anybody but the last 2 weeks of our schedule still worry me about our playoff chances.  We need to be about 10 games over .500.  We have a west coast road trip in the final 10 days of the year.

In our final 8 games, 2 are against Golden State.

But you are right.,,Washington, Cleveland,,,hit by injuries...WE could get to 10-over.

Philadelphia might not play Joel Embid against us Saturday because they play Friday, too...and we end the year with back-to-back game against Charlotte. Odd but I like it

.Victor seems a little tired and I wish he had an all-star break coming but he doesn't.  The break will help the rest of us. Guys like Collison, Bogdonavic  and Thad Young have been playing hard.  Lance throws himself around so much. He needs the break, too. Maybe we'll have Glenn by March 1.

But I know we're ahead of where we were last year when we supposedly had more talent.