Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts waive 5 players and sign 5 tryout players following Rookie Mini-camp (Merge)

stitches

1 hour ago, Buck Showalter said:

Justin Blackmon??? He was drafted just a few picks after Luck in 2012...

He also played that entire 2012 season before he imploded in 2013...

"You have to take a chance on ELITE TALENT. We ain't drafting boy scouts! I GUARANTEE if you add a great player like Blackmon, this offense is top five and we can contend. Can't be content with mediocrity, you have to TAKE SOME RISKS sometimes, can't be scared to go after it!!"

Blackmon is just another example of why the above is absolutely nonsense, and why teams who don't have great rosters don't take chances on troubled players, especially near the top of the draft.

2 hours ago, Superman said:

"You have to take a chance on ELITE TALENT. We ain't drafting boy scouts! I GUARANTEE if you add a great player like Blackmon, this offense is top five and we can contend. Can't be content with mediocrity, you have to TAKE SOME RISKS sometimes, can't be scared to go after it!!"

Blackmon is just another example of why the above is absolutely nonsense, and why teams who don't have great rosters don't take chances on troubled players, especially near the top of the draft.

Just curious,  but is the above in bold just a generic fictions quote that some generic GM might typically say or were you actually quoting someone?       I couldn't tell.

Not a big deal,  just curious.....

I would say the cutting of Blythe at this point does NOT bode well for David Parry.

Those two are brothers from another mother.     Short and squatty.    Built like a fire hydrant.   A side-by-side refrigerator.

I'd say Ballard prefers height and especially length that often comes with height.    Parry has neither.

Unless he plays out of his mind,  I'd anticipate David is not going to make the final-53.     I have no concerns that he won't get picked up by someone....    I believe he will....    I just don't see him sticking with the Colts.

And it has NOTHING to do with his silly incident in Arizona......

37 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Just curious,  but is the above in bold just a generic fictions quote that some generic GM might typically say or were you actually quoting someone?       I couldn't tell.

Not a big deal,  just curious.....

Just a spoof. 

We keep cleaning up the roster. I'm not surprised Blythe is gone  He's a hard working kid I wish him the best I think he's always going to have trouble anchoring even at C.  

I like what I have read about the 2 OL Muir and Wylie. I keep seeing we need help at T. I feel like it's G where we are thin.  Here is a good piece on Wylie 

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.profootballweekly.com/articles/2017/04/20/591b2dc7bdd344a3ba6a2eab677dabb1/

13 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Also Gordons trouble isn't near as bad as Blackmons and Gordon's latest suspension was bullcrap and the fact that they wont even let him back is stupid.

Not as stupid as Gordon turning his back on millions of dollars to get high.

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I would say the cutting of Blythe at this point does NOT bode well for David Parry.

Those two are brothers from another mother.     Short and squatty.    Built like a fire hydrant.   A side-by-side refrigerator.

I'd say Ballard prefers height and especially length that often comes with height.    Parry has neither.

Unless he plays out of his mind,  I'd anticipate David is not going to make the final-53.     I have no concerns that he won't get picked up by someone....    I believe he will....    I just don't see him sticking with the Colts.

Parry looks short but hes actually the same height as Hankins according to the roster. I agree with most of this though. Small chance he might still be here if he plays well. Small.

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Not as stupid as Gordon turning his back on millions of dollars to get high.

Here is the thing Blackmon was doing worst than getting high plus getting high is legal now in most states so I don't see how they can continue to enforce that also they just let a guy back that has been suspended for like three years that had done worst than him so ya this is Bull crap.

49 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Here is the thing Blackmon was doing worst than getting high plus getting high is legal now in most states so I don't see how they can continue to enforce that also they just let a guy back that has been suspended for like three years that had done worst than him so ya this is Bull crap.

Most starts? No it isn't.  

Gordon keeps failing his drug screens.

Regardless of your personal opinions about weed it makes no difference in the rules of the NFL and what contract the players sign.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Most starts? No it isn't.  

Gordon keeps failing his drug screens.

Regardless of your personal opinions about weed it makes no difference in the rules of the NFL and what contract the players sign.

If his life is back in order I would let him back but I would make it clear that if he screws up again he is gone.

2 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

If his life is back in order I would let him back but I would make it clear that if he screws up again he is gone.

Fair enough with that for sure. His talent level is off the hook or was at the time of his suspension.

All he has to do is keep himself clean, play for his money and then be sitting on easy street if he is smart with his money. What he does after football at that time makes no difference. Move to Arizona or Oregon if he wants to.

17 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Parry is 6'2

33 minutes ago, Superman said:

He has short arms, though. Not lethally short, but it doesn't help when he's already not the biggest or most talented guy. 

Rob Morris short?!? Lol, oh that takes me back

11 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Parry is 6'2

He went to Stanford,  I'm well aware of that.

He also has short arms and legs.      Like I said,  short and squatty,  especially compared to the other possibilities,   Hankins,  Steart and Woods...

For what it's worth,  while NFL.com lists Parry as 6'2",  they no longer list heights at the combine in the 8th of an inch as they used to.    They've been rounding up for several years now.

On the other,  ESPN.com,  still posts the highest by the 8th or the quarter and they show Parry as 6'1" and a 1/4.        That's what I thought he'd be listed as and was surprised when NFL.com displayed him as 6'2"...

Here's Parry's NFL.com profile that talks about his stubby arms and legs...

http://www.nfl.com/player/davidparry/2552438/combine

And here's his ESPN profile which iists him from the combine at 6'1" and a 1/4

http://insider.espn.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/46999

13 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Fair enough with that for sure. His talent level is off the hook or was at the time of his suspension.

All he has to do is keep himself clean, play for his money and then be sitting on easy street if he is smart with his money. What he does after football at that time makes no difference. Move to Arizona or Oregon if he wants to.

He should stay far far away from Arizona. Marijuana is a felony there. Oregon wouldn't be to bad but their neighbors to the north have them beat when it comes to the marijuana industry. They have tours in Seattle that take you from seed to the store. The state was generating 20 M a month in revenue this time last year.

11 hours ago, akcolt said:

He should stay far far away from Arizona. Marijuana is a felony there. Oregon wouldn't be to bad but their neighbors to the north have them beat when it comes to the marijuana industry. They have tours in Seattle that take you from seed to the store. The state was generating 20 M a month in revenue this time last year.

I meant to say Colorado, I don't know how I came up with Arizona! lol   Brain fart I guess.

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 11:54 PM, akcolt said:

We keep cleaning up the roster. I'm not surprised Blythe is gone  He's a hard working kid I wish him the best I think he's always going to have trouble anchoring even at C.  

I like what I have read about the 2 OL Muir and Wylie. I keep seeing we need help at T. I feel like it's G where we are thin.  Here is a good piece on Wylie 

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.profootballweekly.com/articles/2017/04/20/591b2dc7bdd344a3ba6a2eab677dabb1/

Another carry over pick up from Grigson who I have some interest in watching during the preseason is Deiontrez Mount. Interesting we cut Curt Maggitt and still kept Mount around. Was a fairly good pass rusher at Louisville. Has pretty good size at 6'5". We've been grooming him for a little while now. Will be watching him and Sickels. Just watched Sickels Versus Ohio State. He was pretty active.

I think next year this team will be almost unrecognizable. Ballard has no issue cutting Grigson's loose ends. He's serious about competition. Blythe wasn't anything special but he didn't even make it to camp which means Ballard already identified upgrades.