Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The 2017 Colts Forum Mock Draft

2 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

That works.  I'm fairly positive that's what we did.  I get Jared's complaint, and I think this clarification helps with those who might not have been a part of last year's draft or those who just forgot.  I do remember we had a big discussion about this last year too because something came up where at team would have drafted 2 QBs in the first 3 rounds if they just did the highest player.

Fair enough.  I understand what Jared is saying too.  Hopefully this clarifies things.  If nothing else, it'll make next year's draft smoother

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That works.  I'm fairly positive that's what we did.  I get Jared's complaint, and I think this clarification helps with those who might not have been a part of last year's draft or those who just forgot.  I do remember we had a big discussion about this last year too because something came up where at team would have drafted 2 QBs in the first 3 rounds if they just did the highest player.

Yeah, I wasn't part of last year's draft, so I didn't realize this. It was also a situation where Tim Williams would of helped the Bengals and I wanted Feeney, so a frustrating situation all around. lol.

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yeah, I wasn't part of last year's draft, so I didn't realize this. It was also a situation where Tim Williams would of helped the Bengals and I wanted Feeney, so a frustrating situation all around. lol.

Yeah, because we had the same idea you did last year, and then something came up in the middle of the draft where we had to pause and be like, "something's not right here."  From the looks of it, we probably came to an unofficial understanding then and the rule modification never made it over to the official written rules that you see on the first page.

Yeah, because we had the same idea you did last year, and then something came up in the middle of the draft where we had to pause and be like, "something's not right here."  From the looks of it, we probably came to an unofficial understanding then and the rule modification never made it over to the official written rules that you see on the first page.

We are our own version of the NFL, annual forum and mock draft rules re-written. :thmup:

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

We are our own version of the NFL, annual forum and mock draft rules re-written. :thmup:

It's funny because the NFL gets so much grief over things like how to define a catch, and it's just not that simple.  For every example you think is covered in a definition, there's always something missed.  So at the end of the day, you just try to make rules that cover the vast majority of applications and hope the portion missed doesn't end in disaster lol.

Just now, OffensivelyPC said:

It's funny because the NFL gets so much grief over things like how to define a catch, and it's just not that simple.  For every example you think is covered in a definition, there's always something missed.  So at the end of the day, you just try to make rules that cover the vast majority of applications and hope the portion missed doesn't end in disaster lol.

Then you meet Hurricane Jared! LOL!

5 hours ago, GOZER said:

Thinking I might have to find an eventual replacement for Hankins, not a good sign that he's had offer on table for a while and now he's visiting other teams. Maybe he's calling our bluff?

I think he should re-sign with the Giants. With Taco haha  and improvements on offense, I expect them to contend for the Super Bowl. Their run defense was excellent with Snacks and Hankins last year. It is unclear why he has yet to re-sign.

On 4/8/2017 at 0:32 PM, 21isSuperman said:

39 S  MARCUS WILLIAMS - UTAH
45 EDGE  CARL LAWSON - AUBURN
46 WR  ZAY JONES - EAST CAROLINA
48 RB  ALVIN KAMARA - TENNESSEE
49 OT  TAYLOR MOTON - WESTERN MICHIGAN
50 DL  MONTRAVIUS ADAMS - AUBURN

@MTC Has about 45 minutes to pick for the Bucs and I've put the next top 6 prospects available.  Fanspeak's user voted needs are: WR, S, RB, OT, EDGE, DL, TE, C. 

They've drafted Dalvin Cook, RB so I vote we just go with the highest rated position of need, which in this case is Marcus Williams.

1 hour ago, jseg18 said:

Anyone have the rest of the 2nd rounds draft order. All the trades confused me.

Check the very first post

7 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

@MTC Has about 45 minutes to pick for the Bucs and I've put the next top 6 prospects available.  Fanspeak's user voted needs are: WR, S, RB, OT, EDGE, DL, TE, C. 

They've drafted Dalvin Cook, RB so I vote we just go with the highest rated position of need, which in this case is Marcus Williams.

Works for me.

Recent and upcoming picks:

50. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Marcus Williams, S, Utah
51. Denver Broncos - Montravius Adams, DL, Auburn
52. New England Patriots (trade) - Desmond King, S, Iowa
53. Detroit Lions on the clock
54. Miami Dolphins @Superman
55. New York Giants @GOZER
56. Oakland Raiders @DaColts85
57. Houston Texans @OffensivelyPC
58. Seattle Seahawks @chad72

And top remaining prospects:

45 EDGE  CARL LAWSON - AUBURN
46 WR  ZAY JONES - EAST CAROLINA
48 RB  ALVIN KAMARA - TENNESSEE
49 OT  TAYLOR MOTON - WESTERN MICHIGAN
51 WR  CHRIS GODWIN - PENN STATE
52 EDGE  TARELL BASHAM - OHIO
54 CB  FABIAN MOREAU - UCLA

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Aren't you really young?  How do you know about Ricky "the Dragon" Steamboat?

I've watched a ton of old NWA and WWF tapes from the 70s and 80s. I've seen how great of a wrestler he is and his feuds with Ric Flair (my favorite wrestler). He was the best hero of all time, he could just never be a villian, lol. Good catch on who the avatar is as well!

21 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Approx. 40 minutes left for the Lions.  If a selection is not made, I'm thinking we give them Carl Lawson since they need some DL help opposite Ziggy Ansah.  Agreements or disagreements?

Disagree, I want Carl Lawson with my 3rd! :) 

No, I'm ok with it. Fine with me.

25 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Approx. 40 minutes left for the Lions.  If a selection is not made, I'm thinking we give them Carl Lawson since they need some DL help opposite Ziggy Ansah.  Agreements or disagreements?

I'm good with it

27 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Sounds good.