Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The 2017 Colts Forum Mock Draft

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

Tampa has run out of time.  NFL.com lists DL as one of their needs, so they get Elijah Qualls

@MPStack and the Lions on the clock

I think Rounds 4 and beyond should only have 2 hours apart for picks if we wish to finish it before the draft. :) 

We can also encourage PMs more for submitting picks in advance.

36 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I think Rounds 4 and beyond should only have 2 hours apart for picks if we wish to finish it before the draft. :) 

We can also encourage PMs more for submitting picks in advance.

You can blame the nonsense trading for much of the delay

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

How do you figure that? Serious question.

I think he means people lost interest because of that. However, to me, all the trading was done within those teams' allocated time. The trading of just picks and not players is something I would support in the future but right now, it is water under the bridge, IMO.

I do think PM'ed picks ahead of time as a safeguard might have saved us time because work happens and life happens. 

I think it's slower just because people naturally lose interest over time.  In addition to that, I don't think people know the mid and late round prospects as well.  Everyone wants to talk about who is taken in the first round, but not many talk about who will go in the 4th round.  It's normal.  With reminders, I think we'll be able to keep things going smoothly.  That's why I try to mention the GMs when listing the upcoming picks.  Earlier today, I think we got through 5 picks in half an hour, so there's still hope!

Recent and upcoming picks:

84. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Elijah Qualls, DL, Washington
85. Detroit Lions - Wayne Gallman, RB, Clemson
86. New York Jets (trade) on the clock
87. New York Giants @GOZER
88. Oakland Raiders @DaColts85
89. Houston Texans @OffensivelyPC
90. Indianapolis Colts (trade) @tweezy32
91. Kansas City Chiefs @PrincetonTiger

Top remaining prospects:

67 WR  CURTIS SAMUEL - OHIO STATE
69 S  EDDIE JACKSON - ALABAMA
72 QB  DAVIS WEBB - CALIFORNIA
76 OT  RODERICK JOHNSON - FLORIDA STATE
78 C  ETHAN POCIC - LSU
79 WR  CARLOS HENDERSON - LOUISIANA TECH
81 RB  D'ONTA FOREMAN - TEXAS

10 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I think he means people lost interest because of that. However, to me, all the trading was done within those teams' allocated time. The trading of just picks and not players is something I would support in the future but right now, it is water under the bridge, IMO.

I do think PM'ed picks ahead of time as a safeguard might have saved us time because work happens and life happens. 

I think something that could improve the flow in the future would be to limit the number of trades each team can do.  We can still allow players to be traded, if that's what people want, but if we limit it to 2 or 3 trades per team, that will restrict things and possibly have it move more quickly.

15 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I think people lost interest because there was too much of a time gap between selections. For a time there in the first round, everything was going quickly. It kept interest going. But when 4, 5, 6 hours elapse with no selection, interest wanes. And that has a ripple effect because GMs are no longer checking as often and may forget that they are even participating in this.

42 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I think something that could improve the flow in the future would be to limit the number of trades each team can do.  We can still allow players to be traded, if that's what people want, but if we limit it to 2 or 3 trades per team, that will restrict things and possibly have it move more quickly.

I don't think much time was consumed in the trades themselves. It is like NFLFan said, when folks are making their picks fast, interest does not wane, that tends to be the majority factor for the time. 

Maybe we sign up folks for a speed chess like real draft situation. 15 minutes between picks, and you have your exact time you need to show up for and make your pick. Otherwise, the next team drafts and you still get your turn but would have lost your place. 8 hours per day and we are done by 4 pm each day if we start at 8 am ET. So GMs sign up only if they can commit to that window of time. Between 4 pm of that day and the next day, trades can be negotiated and be in place for the future rounds, regardless between 8 am and 4 pm, it is just the 15 minute window you get with your exact time to show up and make quick fire trades if you can pull it off.

35 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I think people lost interest because there was too much of a time gap between selections. For a time there in the first round, everything was going quickly. It kept interest going. But when 4, 5, 6 hours elapse with no selection, interest wanes. And that has a ripple effect because GMs are no longer checking as often and may forget that they are even participating in this.

People dont care about Day 3 prospects...watch a guy like Ogunjobi, and the average fan couldnt tell you anything about him. I watch a lot of illm and not even I would be 100% confident in my assessment. 

At the end of the day, you can tell who puts in the work when we start talking about round 6 steals or depth players and the film that proves it, that even includes guys like Mike Wells. Like I said, Im not 100% confident in my analysis, but i am confident i xan do it better than Wells.

16 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

People dont care about Day 3 prospects...watch a guy like Ogunjobi, and the average fan couldnt tell you anything about him. I watch a lot of illm and not even I would be 100% confident in my assessment. 

At the end of the day, you can tell who puts in the work when we start talking about round 6 steals or depth players and the film that proves it, that even includes guys like Mike Wells. Like I said, Im not 100% confident in my analysis, but i am confident i xan do it better than Wells.

Did you mean to quote me? 

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

I don't think much time was consumed in the trades themselves. It is like NFLFan said, when folks are making their picks fast, interest does not wane, that tends to be the majority factor for the time. 

Maybe we sign up folks for a speed chess like real draft situation. 15 minutes between picks, and you have your exact time you need to show up for and make your pick. Otherwise, the next team drafts and you still get your turn but would have lost your place. 8 hours per day and we are done by 4 pm each day if we start at 8 am ET. So GMs sign up only if they can commit to that window of time. Between 4 pm of that day and the next day, trades can be negotiated and be in place for the future rounds, regardless between 8 am and 4 pm, it is just the 15 minute window you get with your exact time to show up and make quick fire trades if you can pull it off.

That would be a good idea, but I feel like everyone's schedules differ too much to be able to make it work.  It would be fun though.  During game days, we have quite a few people on the forums.  Maybe we could organize something like that for next year

9 hours ago, chad72 said:

I believe this is a very good idea (in bold). That will keep interest going.

If someone will be unavailable at the scheduled time, he/she can PM a list of players to draft (in order of preference). The only problem with that is that someone (the "commish") would have to be available at almost all times to announce a missing  person's selection.

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I believe this is a very good idea (in bold). That will keep interest going.

If someone will be unavailable at the scheduled time, he/she can PM a list of players to draft (in order of preference). The only problem with that is that someone (the "commish") would have to be available at almost all times to announce a missing  person's selection.

For this type of speed drafting game, it might be good to find multiple commissioners to PM. So, if you PM 3 of those, one of them is likely to implement it during draft time. 

10 minutes ago, chad72 said:

For this type of speed drafting game, it might be good to find multiple commissioners to PM. So, if you PM 3 of those, one of them is likely to implement it during draft time. 

Yes, I agree.

Will you, GOZER and I make the next pick? The Oakland GM has another hour. Do you like RB for Oakland? They may sign Lynch but they need his eventual replacement. What do you think?

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Yes, I agree.

Will you, GOZER and I make the next pick. The Oakland GM has another hour. Do you like RB for Oakland? They may sign Lynch but they need his eventual replacement. What do you think?

D'onta Foreman is who I have in mind for the Raiders, he fits their O really well.