Jump to content
Click here to get your free tickets for Colts Training Camp today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

21isSuperman

The 2017 Colts Forum Mock Draft

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, OffensivelyPC said:

 Texans have taken Trubisky as their QB and keeping their expectations of him as realistic as possible, have put the SB on hold for a year so he can develop.  As such, they won't mind letting their next pick sit out until healthy if he needs it.  Continuing the run on cornerbacks:

 

With the 57th pick of the 2017 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans select, Sidney Jones, CB, Washington.

 

@Superman, the Miami Dolphins are now on the clock.

 

Now, you guys see why the Seahawks moved up to draft Moreau, there has been a huge run on CBs since then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

Now, you guys see why the Seahawks moved up to draft Moreau, there has been a huge run on CBs since then.

 

Isn't he hurt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chad72 said:

 

Now, you guys see why the Seahawks moved up to draft Moreau, there has been a huge run on CBs since then.

I knew one was coming, there were just too many of them that were primed to be underdrafted.  My target all along was Sidney Jones, but I had a couple of backups just in case.  Adoree Jackson was one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CR91 said:

 

Isn't he hurt?

Yeah, but it was "just" a torn pectora - he'll make a full recoveryl.  He'll be ready sometime in teh pre-season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I knew one was coming, there were just too many of them that were primed to be underdrafted.  My target all along was Sidney Jones, but I had a couple of backups just in case.  Adoree Jackson was one of them.

I was hoping Jones would still be around for my next pick.....:wall: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

The NBA's biggest issue is having the draft lottery.  If you had the worse team get the first pick you will have teams getting better a little faster.  But honestly I think the NBA has lost some flare because like you said everyone knows you have the Cavs vs Warriors in the finals.  If that does not happen then the finals will be watched more IMO but if that is right then they are losing people to watch the same stuff every year.

Don't sleep on my SA Spurs!!!!! Pacers/Spurs are my teams!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GOZER said:

Don't sleep on my SA Spurs!!!!! Pacers/Spurs are my teams!!!!

I like the Spurs as well.  I hope them or Houston provide the upset.  I hope we beat the Cavs as well and upset everything.  That would provide some entertaining playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Yeah, but it was "just" a torn pectora - he'll make a full recoveryl.  He'll be ready sometime in teh pre-season.

 

I thought it was an 8 month recovery 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CR91 said:

 

I thought it was an 8 month recovery 

The article I read on him said he'd be ready to go early-mid August.  5 months is usually a pretty typical recovery time unless you're Ray Lewis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GOZER said:

I was hoping Jones would still be around for my next pick.....:wall: 

To be honest, I thought he would've been taken before he got to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Superman and the Dolphins have a bit more than 1.5 hours left

Is the guy he PM'ed you to draft still available?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

 Texans have taken Trubisky as their QB and keeping their expectations of him as realistic as possible, have put the SB on hold for a year so he can develop.  As such, they won't mind letting their next pick sit out until healthy if he needs it.  Continuing the run on cornerbacks:

 

With the 57th pick of the 2017 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans select, Sidney Jones, CB, Washington.

 

@Superman, the Miami Dolphins are now on the clock.

 

I played with fire, and I got burned. Jones would have been my pick at #54. 

 

At #58, the Miami Dolphins take Jordan Willis, edge, Kansas State. 

 

The Chiefs are on the clock.

 

59. Kansas City Chiefs @PrincetonTiger
60. Dallas Cowboys @jseg18
61. Green Bay Packers @jvan1973
62. Pittsburgh Steelers @WarGhost21
63. Atlanta Falcons @Superman
64. Carolina Panthers @21isSuperman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Is the guy he PM'ed you to draft still available?

 

No, some jerk took him already...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Is the guy he PM'ed you to draft still available?

haha No, he took a risk hoping to get Sidney Jones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Superman said:

 

No, some jerk took him already...

Haha.  Funny thing was, I had a hunch you were considering him.  That's not why I took him, but I knew you liked him more than most other CBs.  Didn't you do a write-up on him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Haha.  Funny thing was, I had a hunch you were considering him.  That's not why I took him, but I knew you liked him more than most other CBs.  Didn't you do a write-up on him?

 

I did. Before he got hurt, I felt like he was a high 2nd round pick. I'm not scared off by his injury (assuming no troubling news comes out in the next two weeks), so I think end of the 2nd round is good value for him, even if he redshirts the entire season. Good pick for you, I hate you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The packers select

 

G. DORIAN JOHNSON - PITTSBURGH

 

 

Good pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Superman said:

 

I did. Before he got hurt, I felt like he was a high 2nd round pick. I'm not scared off by his injury (assuming no troubling news comes out in the next two weeks), so I think end of the 2nd round is good value for him, even if he redshirts the entire season. Good pick for you, I hate you.

:heart:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Superman said:

 

I did. Before he got hurt, I felt like he was a high 2nd round pick. I'm not scared off by his injury (assuming no troubling news comes out in the next two weeks), so I think end of the 2nd round is good value for him, even if he redshirts the entire season. Good pick for you, I hate you.

rotflmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

@WarGhost21, this time you're on the clock for real haha

 

Can you update the picks on Page 1? Thanks :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

Done.

 

Just three picks left in round 2.

 

You're the best. :thmup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bye Bye Hankins.......guess I should find a suitable replacement?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GOZER said:

Bye Bye Hankins.......guess I should find a suitable replacement?

Bad news for "your" team but great news for ours

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Bad news for "your" team but great news for ours

So bittersweet, lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Leonard was a stat monster, 1st team all conf multiple years, conference D MVP multiple years. Banogu was 1st team all conf mult years and great stats. Okereke at best was honorary mention.    Leonard was a small school question mark. Banogu comes from a team that's known for scheme and lack of technique/position coaching. But both were tops in their conference. Okereke was much less of a standout at a school known to have great S&C and defensive coaching.   Not saying Okereke won't be good, or even great. What I am saying, is, Okereke had much better S&C, much better coaching, etc. (than the other two), but never achieved the recognition or performance level of the other two. I simply think his ceiling is lower. I definitely think Banogu has the most potential to translate over the next couple years.
    • Look at your line I put into bold...      "there's no reason to think he doesn't have 5 years of elite production left."   Holy Cow.    No reason?     How about because very few linebackers,  especially middle linebackers with all the pounding they take,  last to age 33-34 playing elite football.    It just rarely  happens.   There may be an exception to the rule.   But that's it.    Most times,  the level of play falls off pretty dramatically.   Do you see Chris Ballard giving up a 2nd round pick or more to get Wagner?    I don't.   After what you've seen from Chris Ballard for two and a half years,  I'm not sure why you'd think that?
    • Fair post.   Good post.    My bad.    I know what I did wrong,  but no need to rehash it.    I was wrong.     Apologies to all, especially @Superman who I accidentally offended.  
    • Yeah, Banogu or to me it's Okereke. 
    • Things did not go our way tonight but I will take how the standings are for now being that July is half over. We have been fortunate that the Cards and Brewers have struggled more than we have. At this point in the season we just have to play well enough to get into the playoffs at 50-44, then anything can happen. I am hoping Hamels is back by mid August.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...