Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The 2017 Colts Forum Mock Draft

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

The clock needs to stop Tweezy can start his time at 8am the clock should have stopped 3 hours ago but people kept drafting 

That's because the Bengals GM wasted 4 hours of our time when he was gone. So we are just making up for it now. I have no problem waiting til tomorrow now.

4 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

What's everyones thoughts on my Pats?

Traded Garrapolo for 33 & 52

Traded 33 to Cardinals for Fitzgerald 

Traded Butler to Saints to regain 32

Traded down to 38 Kpassagnon

I think I have proven if I was GM I'd be very active

No one would give a high second for fitz

5 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

I like everything but the Fitzgerald trade. I like the player but you gave up too much for him. He has been talking retirement the last couple of years. I don't think I would have given up anything higher than a 4th. 

Guys, sorry I missed my 2nd round pick yesterday, I got busy with my students and could not get away from IU. The Feeney pick was a good one though since the two main needs were OL and LB for them. Took Williams in the 1st because as a GM, I could not resist having him paired with Green. I will make sure I am watching for my 3rd and 2 4ths coming up. Also, way too much given up for Fitzgerald. This is probably his last year!

22 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I like everything but the Fitzgerald trade. I like the player but you gave up too much for him. He has been talking retirement the last couple of years. I don't think I would have given up anything higher than a 4th. 

I didn't even initiate the trade haha

8 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm taking a stand here.

6 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

All right, I'll just play. 

lol....way to stick to your guns....

:peek:Just messin with you, you made the right choice to keep the draft going, good on you Sir.

To @tweezy32 @Jared Cisneros and anyone else involved in the argument last night:

Grow up! I agree, the situation was a bit botched and everyone became confused about the ensuing events, but, as @OffensivelyPC said, it's just a game!! Good grief! We must be the most argumentative Fan Forum in the world! (I guess that is boosted by the fact that we are one of the few active ones out there, but still!) Stop arguing amongst yourselves and get over it already! That argument was blown way to far out of proportion and is leaving this Mock Draft with a sour taste! Please, can we get along for just once? That is all.

23 minutes ago, GOZER said:

lol....way to stick to your guns....

:peek:Just messin with you, you made the right choice to keep the draft going, good on you Sir.

You're the best! 

Btw, are you getting excited to make your next pick for the Giants? A good friend of mine is a Giants season ticket holder and treats me to one to two games a year. I went to the Colts at Giants game in 2014. I thought to ask him what he would like to see in the draft but he is away on holiday until tomorrow. I hope to speak with him in the next few days. 

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You're the best! 

Btw, are you getting excited to make your next pick for the Giants? A good friend of mine is a Giants season ticket holder and treats me to one to two games a year. I went to the Colts at Giants game in 2014. I thought to ask him what he would like to see in the draft but he is away on holiday until tomorrow. I hope to speak with him in the next few days. 

Thinking I might have to find an eventual replacement for Hankins, not a good sign that he's had offer on table for a while and now he's visiting other teams. Maybe he's calling our bluff?

32 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Thinking I might have to find an eventual replacement for Hankins, not a good sign that he's had offer on table for a while and now he's visiting other teams. Maybe he's calling our bluff?

By us I mean Giants of course.....

7 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

You got great value for Garrapolo.

You gave up too much for Fitz, I wouldn't of traded more than a 4th, as said by a lot of people here.

I'm fine with the Butler trade, though I think he's a system no2 CB, and you had plenty of options at CB in our mock here that are younger.

A bit early for Kpassagnon IMO, but I know what a freak athlete he is, so I won't dog the pick. I did something similar with McMillian in a trade down to get an ILB.

Just now, tweezy32 said:

Yeah, I thought I had him and then you took him. Had to back to the drawing board and come up with another pick!

Yeah, Feeney going to the Bengals there really affected the draft. If Tim Williams went, then I would of taken Feeney and you could of got McMillian. Instead, Feeney goes to the Bengals, I took McMillian from you and you had to go Tim Williams. So a big domino effect there. Pretty interesting to see firsthand how this happens to real GM's in the real draft even once, let alone 7 rounds.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

No one is updating who is getting picked as we go, so people have to backtrack and see who has gotten chosen and it's a real pain. 

21 is out at work, and hes the only one I think can update that list

An update on the top remaining prospects:

36 CB  QUINCY WILSON - FLORIDA
39 S  MARCUS WILLIAMS - UTAH
45 EDGE  CARL LAWSON - AUBURN
46 WR  ZAY JONES - EAST CAROLINA
48 RB  ALVIN KAMARA - TENNESSEE
49 OT  TAYLOR MOTON - WESTERN MICHIGAN
50 DL  MONTRAVIUS ADAMS - AUBURN

And the recent and upcoming picks:

45. Jacksonville Jaguars (trade) - Raekwon McMillan, LB, Ohio State
46. Indianapolis Colts - Tim Williams, EDGE, Alabama
47. Baltimore Ravens - Kevin King, CB, Washington
48. New York Jets (trade) - Derek Rivers, EDGE, Youngstown State
49. Washington Redskins on the clock
50. Tampa Bay Buccaneers @MTC
51. Denver Broncos @jvan1973
52. New England Patriots (trade) @danlhart87
53. Detroit Lions @MPStack

21 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

An update on the top remaining prospects:

36 CB  QUINCY WILSON - FLORIDA
39 S  MARCUS WILLIAMS - UTAH
45 EDGE  CARL LAWSON - AUBURN
46 WR  ZAY JONES - EAST CAROLINA
48 RB  ALVIN KAMARA - TENNESSEE
49 OT  TAYLOR MOTON - WESTERN MICHIGAN
50 DL  MONTRAVIUS ADAMS - AUBURN

And the recent and upcoming picks:

45. Jacksonville Jaguars (trade) - Raekwon McMillan, LB, Ohio State
46. Indianapolis Colts - Tim Williams, EDGE, Alabama
47. Baltimore Ravens - Kevin King, CB, Washington
48. New York Jets (trade) - Derek Rivers, EDGE, Youngstown State
49. Washington Redskins on the clock
50. Tampa Bay Buccaneers @MTC
51. Denver Broncos @jvan1973
52. New England Patriots (trade) @danlhart87
53. Detroit Lions @MPStack

Also, given the discussion last night, you might want to clarify the procedures for when a guy doesn't make a selection in the alotted amount of time so we don't have this issue arise again.  If I recall, last year, Rule #5 in its application was essentially a discussion of the top handful of prospects and there was a vote of sorts among anyone who was available.  Anyway, whatever the procedure was or should be, I'd clarify it (and/or write it into Rule #5).

2 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Also, given the discussion last night, you might want to clarify the procedures for when a guy doesn't make a selection in the alotted amount of time so we don't have this issue arise again.  If I recall, last year, Rule #5 in its application was essentially a discussion of the top handful of prospects and there was a vote of sorts among anyone who was available.  Anyway, whatever the procedure was or should be, I'd clarify it (and/or write it into Rule #5).

Sure, sounds good.  I'll clarify in the rules and go with what we did this year and last.

Updated rule 5:

5) In the event that a GM does not submit a pick in the time limit, they will be given the consensus highest ranked prospect from the big board that makes sense for their team (eg. the Titans wouldn't be given a QB in round one or two) based on a vote/discussion.  Because of the vote/discussion, they might not be given the highest ranked prospect available, but could be given someone within the top 5 or 10 remaining top prospects.

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

Sure, sounds good.  I'll clarify in the rules and go with what we did this year and last.

Updated rule 5:

5) In the event that a GM does not submit a pick in the time limit, they will be given the consensus highest ranked prospect from the big board that makes sense for their team (eg. the Titans wouldn't be given a QB in round one or two) based on a vote/discussion.  Because of the vote/discussion, they might not be given the highest ranked prospect available, but could be given someone within the top 5 or 10 remaining top prospects.

That works.  I'm fairly positive that's what we did.  I get Jared's complaint, and I think this clarification helps with those who might not have been a part of last year's draft or those who just forgot.  I do remember we had a big discussion about this last year too because something came up where at team would have drafted 2 QBs in the first 3 rounds if they just did the highest player.

2 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Updated rule 5:

As long as it's written in there now, I'm fine with it.