Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The 2017 Colts Forum Mock Draft

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

I was way off.  I though the Ravens were involved.  It was Jacksonville and Carolina that jumped them

http://www.espn.com/nfldraft/columnist?id=1545117

The Vikings were forced on Saturday to make a rare "pass" on their first-round choice, the seventh pick overall, when they were unable to complete a proposed trade with the Baltimore Ravens before the 15-minute time limit lapsed. By taking a "pass," the Vikings delayed their choice, but were permitted to then make it at any ensuing time. But in frenzied flury in the minutes immediately following the Minnesota move, Jacksonville, choosing No. 8 overall, rushed in its card to pick quarterback Byron Leftwich. In lightning time after that, Carolina jumped in to choose offensive tackle Jordon Gross. Minnesota finally exercised its pick at the No. 9 slot, selecting defensive tackle Kevin Williams, one of the fastest-rising players in the lottery.

Yeah.  I don't know who the Vikings wanted initially,  But they certainly got the best player of those three

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

It is only 4 hours for round 2 picks.

edit: Sorry, lost track of time, you are right. :) 

1 hour ago, tweezy32 said:

I know, im always right!!! :thmup:

About 35 mins left.  What would the consensus top pick be?

30 EDGE  TIM WILLIAMS - ALABAMA
36 CB  QUINCY WILSON - FLORIDA
39 S  MARCUS WILLIAMS - UTAH
40 G  DAN FEENEY - INDIANA

I'm thinking Williams since he's the top ranked guy, or Feeney since they lost Zeitler?

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

I'm thinking Williams since he's the top ranked guy, or Feeney since they lost Zeitler?

Feeney 

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

id say dan feeney. they lost two offensive lineman. they definitely need someone

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Alright commish, he is not going to make a magical appearance after going MIA for more than 24 hours. Let us do the honors, shall we? :)

I agree lol, if he randomly does he can pick who he wants and we then you can pick again

49 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Just give him feeney and move on

46 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

bengals select feeney, @chad72is up

This is nonsense. You said if someone didn't pick, the top rated guy would go to them. Tim Williams was the top ranked player on the board, he should be the one picked. You can't change the rules now, I don't care if Zeitler is gone. He didn't show up, he gets the top guy left, not the one that fills a need. I wanted Feeney and it's not right you are breaking the rules and I can't get him now.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This is nonsense. You said if someone didn't pick, the top rated guy would go to them. Tim Williams was the top ranked player on the board, he should be the one picked. You can't change the rules now, I don't care if Zeitler is gone. He didn't show up, he gets the top guy left, not the one that fills a need. I wanted Feeney and it's not right you are breaking the rules and I can't get him now.

we actually voted and im pretty sure mostly everyone said feeney.. im pretty sure he would rather take him over tim Williams when OL is a bigger need and when Williams is questionable for is drug problem.

Just now, tweezy32 said:

we actually voted and im pretty sure mostly everyone said feeney.. im pretty sure he would rather take him over tim Williams when OL is a bigger need and when Williams is questionable for is drug problem.

I don't care if Williams is questionable with a drug problem, he is still the highest rated player on the board, and OLB is a need. You can't vote on who he gets. The rules say he gets the top rated player that makes sense. Tim Williams is the top ranked player and he makes sense (fills a need). There's no argument here.

2 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Jared does have a point. According to the rules, we said if someone missed their turn, the team would get the highest rated player as long as it made sense.

On 4/8/2017 at 0:32 PM, 21isSuperman said:

5) In the event that a GM does not submit a pick in the time limit, they will be given the highest ranked prospect from the big board that makes sense for their team (eg. the Titans wouldn't be given a QB in round one or two). 

This is the rule. 

What happened is that 21isSuperman asked about a consensus pick. I think we all forgot that there was already a rule in place if someone missed their pick.

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I don't care if Williams is questionable with a drug problem, he is still the highest rated player on the board, and OLB is a need. You can't vote on who he gets. The rules say he gets the top rated player that makes sense. Tim Williams is the top ranked player and he makes sense (fills a need). There's no argument here.

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Jared does have a point. According to the rules, we said if someone missed their turn, the team would get the highest rated player as long as it made sense.

I was just saying he would have picked an OL first because that is his biggest need and the player is good and he isn't far behind Williams and that pick makes the most sense

Just now, tweezy32 said:

I was just saying he would have picked an OL first because that is his biggest need and the player is good and he isn't far behind williams

He loses the right to pick when he violates the alloted amount of time and gets the top ranked player available that makes sense. These are the rules, this is not for debate. He held the draft up for 4 hours, now he gets the top guy chosen for him that fills a need.

1 minute ago, tweezy32 said:

I was just saying he would have picked an OL first because that is his biggest need and the player is good and he isn't far behind williams

I get that but that is not what the rule said would happen in the event that someone missed his turn. Cincy should be awarded Tim Williams based on the rule. 

That's it from me.

4 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Its a game, guys...a fake one at that...

It still had rules, and now we are making them up as we go. If the Bengals GM said to pick Feeney in case time ran out, I'm fine with it. Otherwise, follow the rules and give him Williams. An OLB is still a need for them. It may not be as big a need as G, but Tim Williams was the top player available and he makes some sense. The Bengals GM didn't choose, so that's who he gets. In a real draft, he would get skipped.

11 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It still had rules, and now we are making them up as we go. If the Bengals GM said to pick Feeney in case time ran out, I'm fine with it. Otherwise, follow the rules and give him Williams. An OLB is still a need for them. It may not be as big a need as G, but Tim Williams was the top player available and he makes some sense. The Bengals GM didn't choose, so that's who he gets. In a real draft, he would get skipped.

Im not saying you are wrong, im just reminding everyone the stakes. Insist if you must.

All right, I'll just play. Not going to keep everyone waiting all night. With the 45th pick of the 2017 NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select Raekwon McMillian ILB, Ohio State.

The only ILB I really like left in the draft. Fills a big need, and the defense should now be elite. A 1st round talent in my eyes that will fall a bit for real.