Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The 2017 Colts Forum Mock Draft

Just now, MPStack said:

The OL class is weak, so that's not a bad trade for you IMO. I watched Humphries tape two years ago and thought he was a legit OT. Somewhat surprised he`s under performed, but he has potential. 

His ceiling is very high, and it's a medium risk/high reward trade, so it's something I would do in real life as well. With Ramyczk, Robinson, and Lamp gone, I would have to depend on Garrett Bolles to fall 9 picks to me, and I didn't think it would happen, so I did this instead. I may field offers to try and get a 4th rounder back later on. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, MPStack said:

I don`t know how Humphries performed in year two. I know the Cards basically redshirted him his rookie year even though he was a 1st rounder. Don`t understand why they`d trade a 1st round pick going into year three for so little in return. So, I say its a better trade for the Jags for sure.

Humphries struggles in first two years is what mostly led to my decision. I wanted telvin Smith, but thought that was a bit much and it's a high fourth

11 hours ago, chad72 said:

Is it just me or no matter what kind of secondary the Raiders invest from the draft, does everyone else feel their secondary coaching leaves much to be desired?

We have to try and get something out there.  Sean Smith was mediocre and Ammerson was as well.  Get someone who is a big body aggressive guy to help change it up.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Why are so many current NFL players being traded? Now, I am beginning to agree with others that it is becoming unrealistic.

The last Saints trade for Butler makes sense though. A player for a draft pick.

It was a boatload of picks

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Why are so many current NFL players being traded? Now, I am beginning to agree with others that it is becoming unrealistic.

The last Saints trade for Butler makes sense though. A player for a draft pick.

It is becoming a bit unrealistic, but that's just what makes it fun! I felt pairing Deone with Shazier will make them one of the best, if not the best, ILB duo in the league!

Just now, jvan1973 said:

The Broncos will give you every pick after the 4 th round and the head of a pig

I would have made that trade before the 1st pick of the draft. My draft board was set and I knew where every player was going to land. Might have thrown in Ziggy Ansah for the Broncos waterboy! 

5 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I also agree with @NFLfan and backtracking on the complaining, i think trading players was a mistake. I am cool with picks, but not players. I get we all want to flex our GM skills to acquire as many draft picks as we can, but its starting to break the experience.

I agree with you.  It makes it more like Madden which I was hoping to avoid.

7 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I also agree with @NFLfan and backtracking on the complaining, i think trading players was a mistake. I am cool with picks, but not players. I get we all want to flex our GM skills to acquire as many draft picks as we can, but its starting to break the experience.

Trading players give you more room to negotiate. There's only so much you can offer when you only deal picks

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Trading players give you more room to negotiate. There's only so much you can offer when you only deal picks

Yes, but there is also a fact that in reality this does not happen. Look back to the last 10 drafts and tell me how many players were traded for picks on draft day.  I am assuming it is a very small number.

11 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Yea it's madden like, but how realistic did you expect the trades to be?

I dont expect them to be realistic. But I also dont expect them to be so unrealistic that things like the cap and team futures get thrown out the window. Player trades fly in the face of both, at least some of them have in this mock.

With pick only trades, at least we have the draft trade chart for reference. Its not perfect, but at least people try to "make them realistic" by loosely adhering to a chart we all have access to.

PS Im not saying we should start over; it's too late for that, but maybe the next one we do, keep players from being tradeable assets.

8 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I dont expect them to be realistic. But I also dont expect them to be so unrealistic that things like the cap and team futures get thrown out the window. Player trades fly in the face of both, at least some of them have in this mock.

With pick only trades, at least we have the draft trade chart for reference. Its not perfect, but at least people try to "make them realistic" by loosely adhering to a chart we all have access to.

Well the two players I traded were under their rookie deals

15 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

PS Im not saying we should start over; it's too late for that, but maybe the next one we do, keep players from being tradeable assets.

I agree that we should not start over. I wrote what I did to deter further unrealistic trades. 

Last year I traded Adrian Peterson to Dallas (Jvan) for their 2nd Rd pick. Being a Vikings fan, I knew he was on the decline. I used Jerry Jones' admiration for AP to get a pick. I also agreed to pay a large part of his salary. I thought asking for a 1st was not realistic, based on recent NFL history. I tried to make it as realistic as possible by paying part of his 2016 salary and not asking for a ridiculous amount of picks. 

I think something like that can work. I also think the Saints trade for Butler is realistic. 

17 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I agree! While trading of players is fun, it's a whole lot better when trading just picks! We'll have to change that next year!

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I agree that we should not start over. I wrote what I did to deter further unrealistic trades. 

Last year I traded Adrian Peterson to Dallas (Jvan) for their 2nd Rd pick. Being a Vikings fan, I knew he was on the decline. I used Jerry Jones' admiration for AP to get a pick. I also agreed to pick up part of his salary. I thought asking for a 1st was not realistic, based on recent NFL history. I tried to make it as realistic as possible by paying part of his 2016 salary and not asking for a ridiculous amount of picks. 

I think something like that can work. I also think the Saints trade for Butler is realistic. 

I think we're shooting in the dark too much when players are involved. I get it's not our jobs on the line, but at the same token, because it's not our jobs, we don't really know how to value players and picks. At least with the trade chart, theres an unwritten understanding on the value of trading like commoddities.

20 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Last year I traded Adrian Peterson to Dallas (Jvan) for their 2nd Rd pick. Being a Vikings fan, I knew he was on the decline. I used Jerry Jones' admiration for AP to get a pick. I also agreed to pay a large part of his salary. I thought asking for a 1st was not realistic, based on recent NFL history. I tried to make it as realistic as possible by paying part of his 2016 salary and not asking for a ridiculous amount of picks. 

I just piggybacked on the existing rumors in the NFL and made it official for the Saints trade. Saints may actually be waiting for draft day to do the same.

The Seahawks trade, I can't say more without violating confidentiality. :)