Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The 2017 Colts Forum Mock Draft

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Didn't something similar happen a few years ago in the actual draft

It involved the Ravens and Vikings, if I recall correctly.  One team ran out of time.  The NFL rule is that if the team runs out of time, the next team can make a selection with the previous team being allowed to submit their selection at any time.  I think the Vikings ran out of time, so the Ravens submitted their pick before the Vikings submitted theirs, even though the Vikings were ahead of the Ravens.  At the end of the day, both teams got who they wanted.

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Confirm

1 hour ago, tweezy32 said:

Confirm 

I'm going to give CR91 a break and consider the trade void.  Mistakes happen and he made an oversight.  However, I won't be as forgiving in the future.  Once a trade is publicly confirmed, it is final, even if an oversight is made.  It is the responsibility of a GM to make sure he/she knows what is being dealt before confirming.

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

I'm going to give CR91 a break and consider the trade void.  Mistakes happen and he made an oversight.  However, I won't be as forgiving in the future.  Once a trade is publicly confirmed, it is final, even if an oversight is made.  It is the responsibility of a GM to make sure he/she knows what is being dealt before confirming.

thanks 21. also the jags pick needs to be changed

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

It's been quite realistic.  No doubt the cards would trade a proven player on his rookie deal like Buchanan and replace him with a rookie

last year of his rookie deal and would command top dollar, plus their LBers were a weakness and now i made it a strength 

Just now, CR91 said:

last year of his rookie deal and would command top dollar, plus their LBers were a weakness and now i made it a strength 

No you didn't,  You brought in rookies who bust at a rate of over 40%.  No GM would roll with three rookie LBers

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

It involved the Ravens and Vikings, if I recall correctly.  One team ran out of time.  The NFL rule is that if the team runs out of time, the next team can make a selection with the previous team being allowed to submit their selection at any time.  I think the Vikings ran out of time, so the Ravens submitted their pick before the Vikings submitted theirs, even though the Vikings were ahead of the Ravens.  At the end of the day, both teams got who they wanted.

The Vikes got borderline HoF DT Kevin Williams. It worked out.

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Wasn't it two teams that jumped you guys?  Byron Leftwich was one,  not sure on the other.  I'm at work or I would Google it

I was way off.  I though the Ravens were involved.  It was Jacksonville and Carolina that jumped them

http://www.espn.com/nfldraft/columnist?id=1545117

The Vikings were forced on Saturday to make a rare "pass" on their first-round choice, the seventh pick overall, when they were unable to complete a proposed trade with the Baltimore Ravens before the 15-minute time limit lapsed. By taking a "pass," the Vikings delayed their choice, but were permitted to then make it at any ensuing time. But in frenzied flury in the minutes immediately following the Minnesota move, Jacksonville, choosing No. 8 overall, rushed in its card to pick quarterback Byron Leftwich. In lightning time after that, Carolina jumped in to choose offensive tackle Jordon Gross. Minnesota finally exercised its pick at the No. 9 slot, selecting defensive tackle Kevin Williams, one of the fastest-rising players in the lottery.