masterlock

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Dustin said:

Yup

Then how do you justify reconsidering your fandom if we hire Cable because he assaults women but you wanted us to sign Hardy?

Or was there some sarcasm that I'm not seeing?

8 hours ago, rock8591 said:

By no means do I claim Cable to be a great guy.  I'm just wondering how he would reconsider his Colts fandom if we hire one guy who assaults women, but he wanted the Colts to sign another guy who assaults women

14 hours ago, The Peytonator said:

It's astounding to me that he and Brandon Williams are projected to make so much money. Spotrac has a new feature that tells you a guy's market value, and for Poe it's over $13 million. I've been wrong before, but I really can't foresee these guys making more than 8 a year. Nose tackles just aren't as important as they were 15 years ago.

They aren't. But they will make 11 million plus. I see Williams going to San Fran honestly. 

15 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

I don't think we bring back both Butler and Adams. Butler has stated he wants to play safety. We have TJ Green that no matter who our coach is, I don't see giving up on. We don't have room for 3 that all need playing time.

Obviously with a new gm we could go any route but butler has more position flexibility then Adams along with being younger. Adams has played a nice safety for us for several years but it just feels like we are pushing our luck that a 36 year old safety will hold up for one more year at the level he has played. I don't see KC letting berry go. He is a leader on that team...and I think he is cheaper to franchise I'm sure Supes could look it up but I'd imagine franchise tag for safety would be cheaper than DL.  Also I think the Chiefs made some moves to back up Poe in the last draft...not that one guy would replace him but I think they were anticipating having to let him go because they couldn't keep both (they will have to make moves to stay under the cap). That all said I think all of us would prefer Berry over Poe...Poe is good at everything but I'm not sure he is great at anything. I think you can find someone that could turn into a Poe...but the type of leader that Berry is...that's priceless and important on what I would anticipate being a young defense.

20 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Obviously with a new gm we could go any route but butler has more position flexibility then Adams along with being younger. Adams has played a nice safety for us for several years but it just feels like we are pushing our luck that a 36 year old safety will hold up for one more year at the level he has played. I don't see KC letting berry go. He is a leader on that team...and I think he is cheaper to franchise I'm sure Supes could look it up but I'd imagine franchise tag for safety would be cheaper than DL.  Also I think the Chiefs made some moves to back up Poe in the last draft...not that one guy would replace him but I think they were anticipating having to let him go because they couldn't keep both (they will have to make moves to stay under the cap). That all said I think all of us would prefer Berry over Poe...Poe is good at everything but I'm not sure he is great at anything. I think you can find someone that could turn into a Poe...but the type of leader that Berry is...that's priceless and important on what I would anticipate being a young defense.

I'm with you. I think we bring back one maybe but not the other. If we get Ballard, and he lures Berry. Maybe we convert Geathers. But the more I think about it. Imagine if we had Geathers and Berry at Safety. Davis at corner Get a Number 2 corner in the second round. play Robinson as our slot CB.  Melvin as our number 4. Could make our defense drastically improve. 1st round pick on edge rusher, ILB, or DE. We are up their with the best of them then! 

25 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I'm with you. I think we bring back one maybe but not the other. If we get Ballard, and he lures Berry. Maybe we convert Geathers. But the more I think about it. Imagine if we had Geathers and Berry at Safety. Davis at corner Get a Number 2 corner in the second round. play Robinson as our slot CB.  Melvin as our number 4. Could make our defense drastically improve. 1st round pick on edge rusher, ILB, or DE. We are up their with the best of them then! 

I like the way you think but berry isn't getting out of KC...no way and I think we would be better served spending some resources at edge rusher. A rookie isn't going to just come in and dominate...my preference would be to spend cap resources at olb, cb, and DL. Cb and pass rush are hard transitions for college guys...id rather buy some time by spending at those than safety and mlb. I feel young guys can come in and play at those instinctual positions. That way if we draft pass rush and a corner they have time to develope.