Report (as of 01/28/17): Chris Ballard back for second interview

masterlock

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Luck2Hilton4TD said:

I would have to think that Pagano is on a 1-year deal essentially next season, and Irsay has pretty much granted each GM a free year since it's not his guy (other than maybe Raye). Or at least that would make sense. 

Since Chuck has cat like 9 lives; it would have to be playoffs or bust then. 

53 minutes ago, #12. said:

Women and assistants beware.  In Oakland, he bashed an assistant's head into a file cabinet, breaking his jaw and sending him to the hospital.

Then there's George Patton who slaps you when you're shell shocked.

I'm not sure how many will get that haha hey we would have amazing strategies with him lmao

5 hours ago, MightyLucks said:

It's either him or Patton. Ballard wants to cut Pagano loose, Patton is ok with chuck for a year. Allegedly. 

I really like Ballard though. 

But Patton never got along with montgomery thruout the whole war, so why do tou think he'd get along with Chuck?

3 hours ago, Dustin said:

Toub has gotten quite a few HC interviews over the past few seasons which is pretty unusual for a ST coordinator which makes me think know that there might be something there worth considering. 

I was gonna point out that he hasn't been hired, as if that means there's something wrong with him as a candidate. And it might be true that there's something off-putting about him up close, but the teams that have passed on him have mostly made bad hires -- Trestman, Philbin, etc. -- so I won't tie my argument to their obviously flawed decision making. 

I just want a top notch game planner, someone who puts his players in great position every week, a good strategist, etc. No question Toub is a good STs coach. If his ability there were to translate to the other phases of the game, he'd probably be pretty good. And if he hired good coordinators,  he'd have help with gameplanning. 

I think STs coaches have limited involvement in the overall gameplanning, so I'm prejudiced against a guy who's been an NFL coach for so long and has only worked with STs for almost 20 years. And working for Andy Reid doesn't make me feel any better about his situational decision making. 

7 minutes ago, Superman said:

I was gonna point out that he hasn't been hired, as if that means there's something wrong with him as a candidate. And it might be true that there's something off-putting about him up close, but the teams that have passed on him have mostly made bad hires -- Trestman, Philbin, etc. -- so I won't tie my argument to their obviously flawed decision making. 

I just want a top notch game planner, someone who puts his players in great position every week, a good strategist, etc. No question Toub is a good STs coach. If his ability there were to translate to the other phases of the game, he'd probably be pretty good. And if he hired good coordinators,  he'd have help with gameplanning. 

I think STs coaches have limited involvement in the overall gameplanning, so I'm prejudiced against a guy who's been an NFL coach for so long and has only worked with STs for almost 20 years. And working for Andy Reid doesn't make me feel any better about his situational decision making. 

You mean like no longer seeing games like the one where NE ran the same play (for 60 minutes.. never stopped it) with Jonas Grey in 2014 37 times for 201 yards and 4 TD's ? 

On 1/28/2017 at 8:20 PM, dw49 said:

You mean like no longer seeing games like the one where NE ran the same play (for 60 minutes.. never stopped it) with Jonas Grey in 2014 37 times for 201 yards and 4 TD's ? 

I thought I had that whiped away from my memory until just now.

22 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We have Andrew Luck and TY Hilton, we need someone who can build a monster on Defense. Offense is the least of my worries besides the O.Line of course. I think they even improved towards the end of the season though. Kelly is going to be real solid IMO.

Yeah Kelly is a stud. 

49 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Thanks for the grueling memory ... I'm glad you didn't bring up 2013 when we held Brady under 200 yards passing but we let  LeGarrett Blount go off for 166 yards, 4 TD's and had that ridiculous scamper for 73 yards. Of course Brady had under 200 yards,  they had 224 yards on the ground.

58 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Ugh, my one and only Colts game I've attended at Lucas Oil Stadium. Wah! :Cry: