Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll: Who do you want to be our next GM?

stitches

Who do you want to be the Colts next GM?   

236 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to be the Colts next GM?

• Jimmy Raye III - Colts VP of football operations
    • Trent Kirchner, Seahawks co-director of player personnel
    • Scott Fitterer, Seahawks co-director of player personnel
    • Eric DeCosta, Ravens assistant general manager
    • Eliot Wolf, Packers director of football operations
    • George Paton, Vikings assistant general manager
    • Chris Ballard, Chiefs director of football operations

1 hour ago, Green_Ranger said:

If Ballard can bring Dontari Poe and Eric Berry to Indianapolis he has my vote! :)

I bet the Chiefs tag one of the two. I'd tag Poe if I were them. This is all assuming they don't lock one or both of them up prior to free agency.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

My only concern with Paton is the Vikings  OL and I feel like they jumped the gun when they traded a first for Bradford. I wonder how much he played a part in those decisions.

Today's rumor is Bridgewater is going to miss 2017, so I think they expected Bradford to be in the picture for more than just last season.

Also, I think major trades like that are going to be over the assistant GM's head, as far as the final decision is concerned. The scouting and information gathering is a collaborative effort, probably led by the Director of Pro Personnel under the direction of the GM and assistant GM. And trading for Bradford wasn't a bad idea, even though they did give up a lot.

2 hours ago, Superman said:

Today's rumor is Bridgewater is going to miss 2017, so I think they expected Bradford to be in the picture for more than just last season.

Also, I think major trades like that are going to be over the assistant GM's head, as far as the final decision is concerned. The scouting and information gathering is a collaborative effort, probably led by the Director of Pro Personnel under the direction of the GM and assistant GM. And trading for Bradford wasn't a bad idea, even though they did give up a lot.

True. But it's that they traded a first for Sam Bradford. Probably could've gotten Garroppolo for cheaper. Granted the argument would have been that he was still unproven. Maybe it was the best option available though. Maybe Bradford will look better with more weapons and a re-established run game.

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 11:39 AM, stitches said:

I thought I'd make a poll with the names of the people that have surfaced as candidates for the job so far. You can also post your rankings here.

Here are the names that the Colts have requested interviews with(some might not accept but still... )

- Jimmie Ray III - Colts VP of football operations 

- Trent Kirchner, Seahawks co-director of player personnel

- Scott Fitterer, Seahawks co-director of player personnel

- Eric DeCosta, Baltimore Ravens assistant general manager

- George Paton, Vikings assistant general manager

- Eliot Wolf, Packers director of football operations

- Chris Ballard, Chiefs director of football operations

Does anyone feel qualified to judge any of these men for this position?

I certainly dont

On 1/27/2017 at 11:28 AM, Superman said:

I bet the Chiefs tag one of the two. I'd tag Poe if I were them. This is all assuming they don't lock one or both of them up prior to free agency.

Yeah I highly doubt Poe ever sees free agency, but I'd love to have Berry here and continue to have TJ Green develop.

On 1/27/2017 at 5:26 PM, Defjamz26 said:

True. But it's that they traded a first for Sam Bradford. Probably could've gotten Garroppolo for cheaper. Granted the argument would have been that he was still unproven. Maybe it was the best option available though. Maybe Bradford will look better with more weapons and a re-established run game.

At the time Minnesota was coming off a playoffs run and let's be honest looked like they were set to make a run again. Injuries just decimated them this year but to give up what they thought would be a late first but everything went wrong this year for them but let's be real they have drafted a crap load of talent.

• 11 months later...
32 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

While we wait for HC news, any HC news, I thought it would be good to remind everybody that last year we didn’t get a new GM before the end of January. 

According to this poll, the fans got who they wanted too. 

wow.  lets see if the fans are 2-0........

4 hours ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

While we wait for HC news, any HC news, I thought it would be good to remind everybody that last year we didn’t get a new GM before the end of January. 

According to this poll, the fans got who they wanted too. 

that's true but the situation was different.  Grigson's firing wasn't announced (as far as I can tell) until January 22nd...so on this date last year, they were still 10 days away from the job even being available. :) 

1 hour ago, J@son said:

that's true but the situation was different.  Grigson's firing wasn't announced (as far as I can tell) until January 22nd...so on this date last year, they were still 10 days away from the job even being available. :) 

I will always remember when and where I was when I saw that WTHR alert on my iPhone stating Grigson was let go. I literally jumped up and yelled “yessssss!!!!”