Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll: Who do you want to be our next GM?


Who do you want to be the Colts next GM?   

236 members have voted

  1. 1. Who do you want to be the Colts next GM?

    • Jimmy Raye III - Colts VP of football operations
      5
    • Trent Kirchner, Seahawks co-director of player personnel
      17
    • Scott Fitterer, Seahawks co-director of player personnel
      10
    • Eric DeCosta, Ravens assistant general manager
      29
    • Eliot Wolf, Packers director of football operations
      23
    • George Paton, Vikings assistant general manager
      22
    • Chris Ballard, Chiefs director of football operations
      130


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked Ballard but wouldn't lose my mind if Jimmy Raye got it.  Really Ballard is not any more qualified than Raye is for this job in my opinion.  Nevertheless, if we can have both men in our organization I think the Colts will be the better for it.  They would probably make a pretty good duo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stitches said:

 

I kind of wish they wouldn't be so open about this. They stayed quiet for 3 weeks then finally fired him but now they are telling us everyone that is interviewing, saying when they are done, posting info about each person. It's like the bachelor. Unless Irsay is trying to gauge the fan's opinions now that he doesn't have his son that he never had by his side anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bababooey said:

I kind of wish they wouldn't be so open about this. They stayed quiet for 3 weeks then finally fired him but now they are telling us everyone that is interviewing, saying when they are done, posting info about each person. It's like the bachelor. Unless Irsay is trying to gauge the fan's opinions now that he doesn't have his son that he never had by his side anymore.

Colts have their pick of the litter. It's not like they need to worry about the Niners or anything.  Colts will have their top pick and the Niners will get whoever is left.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bababooey said:

I kind of wish they wouldn't be so open about this. They stayed quiet for 3 weeks then finally fired him but now they are telling us everyone that is interviewing, saying when they are done, posting info about each person. It's like the bachelor. Unless Irsay is trying to gauge the fan's opinions now that he doesn't have his son that he never had by his side anymore.

 

I think you're reading too much into it. Letting the public know about their GM search isn't top secret information by any means.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Restored said:

 

I think you're reading too much into it. Letting the public know about their GM search isn't top secret information by any means.

I'd certainly expect Schefter or Rap sheet to leak it just surprised how open they are about it now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bababooey said:

He helped build the dominant Seattle team, went to the Jets, did absolutely nothing, let Revis go to the Pats, and got fired very quickly.

 

I think that's misleading. He traded him to the Bucs for a '13 1st (13th overall, Sheldon Richardson) and conditional pick. Which ended up being 4th rounder after Bucs cut Revis after one season; Revis then signed with the Pats as a free agent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2017 at 1:53 PM, BProland85 said:

 

I'm not understanding why he would turn it down. This is a great opportunity since he'd already have his young franchise QB in place with plenty of cap room and a stable franchise. Newsome might stay on as GM for another 8 years for all we know.

 

 He very possibly might be asked to fire Chuckles.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Finball said:

 

I think that's misleading. He traded him to the Bucs for a '13 1st (13th overall, Sheldon Richardson) and conditional pick. Which ended up being 4th rounder after Bucs cut Revis after one season; Revis then signed with the Pats as a free agent.

Getting the DROY for a Revis rental was a great move, but it was his only move.

 

 

This video sums him up pretty well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you all think the GM hiring will be Irsay's call and Jim's alone?  Or will he get input from daughters and other top exec's?  Love to be a fly on the wall in those interviews.  Curious if they pass the GM candidates along to various offices to be separately interviewed or if it's just one interview with Jim with that Lombardi staring people down, or with others in his office too?  Wow, ,I am really trying to drill way too far into this I know........ 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bababooey said:

Getting the DROY for a Revis rental was a great move, but it was his only move.

 

 

This video sums him up pretty well.

 

Not saying he was a good GM or even close to it. Jets haven't had one in a while. Their 2nd rounders for most of the past decade have been awful.

 

And at least Idzik is using his smarts with the Jags now!

 

Of those candidates I like DeCosta the most but would be happy with Paton or Ballard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

Do you all think the GM hiring will be Irsay's call and Jim's alone?  Or will he get input from daughters and other top exec's?  Love to be a fly on the wall in those interviews.  Curious if they pass the GM candidates along to various offices to be separately interviewed or if it's just one interview with Jim with that Lombardi staring people down, or with others in his office too?  Wow, ,I am really trying to drill way too far into this I know........ 

Jim will receive input, but the decision is ultimately his.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Finball said:

 

Not saying he was a good GM or even close to it. Jets haven't had one in a while. Their 2nd rounders for most of the past decade have been awful.

 

And at least Idzik is using his smarts with the Jags now!

 

Of those candidates I like DeCosta the most but would be happy with Paton or Ballard.

DeCosta is not interviewing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Another reason Ballard makes the most sense is because he already scouts for a 3-4 defense in KC as opposed to the Seattle and Minnesota candidates. 

 

Plus if Ballard were hired we'd still likely have Raye on staff. 

And yet another reason Ballard makes sense: he will bring his own scouts. Which I think we need. 

 

I don't want the same scouts we've had with Grigson. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, James Ducheteau said:

It's got to be Paton. His name is George Paton, he would be General Paton!! No way he could fail.

 

Just the kind of ruthless leader Captain Luck needs to replenish his forces and march onward.

 

Image result for general andrew luck

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, bababooey said:

I'd certainly expect Schefter or Rap sheet to leak it just surprised how open they are about it now.

 

I think it's their way of giving back to the fans. There was dead silence for almost 3 weeks. They kept everyone in the dark. I think this is a smart PR move by the Colts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

And yet another reason Ballard makes sense: he will bring his own scouts. Which I think we need. 

 

I don't want the same scouts we've had with Grigson. 

This. I really question that entire staff. They had high grades on some suspect players.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...