Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Congrats to the Patriots!

Tsarquise

1 hour ago, bababooey said:

Nah, it's untainted this time. Peyton was injured last year and missed a few games. He was just paying for what he did a couple years ago.

He played great this year, I know it was very tough but he had to get all the way past:

Cody Kessler

Andy Dalton

Landry Jones

Tyrod Taylor

Russel Wilson (lost)

Colin Kaepernick

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Jared Goff

Joe Flacco

Trevor Siemian

Bryce Petty

Matt Moore

I don't know how anybody can make it through that gauntlet and capture home field advantage.

hahah yeah you're right!

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2017/film-room-belichicks-defense

Good read imo, talks about how the pats planned their D against the Steelers O and why it's unlikely to work against the Falcons.

Obviously I want the Pats lose like (almost) everyone here but just from purely football strategy/schematic perspective, it will be interesting to see how BB gameplans against one of the best offenses of all time.

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to hard guys the Pats made it and you can't take that from them. 

As for the whole why they cheat I have a theory but it's merely a theory. Bill Belichik is the best coach, which makes him the equivalent of the prettiest girl in town. Being the best somehow gives them the shameless need to cheat. I don't know why but it just does.

12 hours ago, Jules said:

To all the Pats fans who still stick around here congrats to you all.

Also best wishes to Tom Brady's mother who is very sick.

They did. They kept chopping wood and got it done. As bad as that first half was I just got the feeling before half when they got that fg finally that I was going to witness 06 all over again. I smelled a comeback. Look at time of possession....I mean that falcon defense was gassed. Nobody was going to get to Brady or slow him down in the 4th. Atlanta just needed a fg on any of those posssesions in the 2nd half when they had the ball in great field position and they just made penalty after penalty and poor play one after another..taking sacks...throwing the ball just the definition of a team tightening up and trying not to lose. Congrats to th Pats. You had a lot to overcome this year and you truely deserve it. Not every time does the best team in the league win it all...but this year it happened. I feel bad for Atlanta...I doubt they ever will have another shot like this.

8 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Thank you Jules. Poster like you what keep other fans here. (Or you talk football not smack.)

No problem, I always like to have you guys around if you can stop by from time to time. Same with any fans from other teams.

5 hours ago, GoPats said:

Thanks to the OP and others expressing congrats. Classy move. 

Nice to see you again! It's been a while. :hat:Glad to see you are still around and kicking. I am sure you guys are feeling pretty warm and fuzzy right now. lmao 

31 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Could be another super bowl rematch!

But do I really want to see the banner drop (which they didn't deserve, again?)? See millions of references to that Super Bowl? See the five Lombardis (most of them giftwrapped to them?) out on the field?

And yeah, I know Atlanta goes to Foxboro next season, so I'm sure the schedule makers already got one game filled out.

9 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

But do I really want to see the banner drop (which they didn't deserve, again?)? See millions of references to that Super Bowl? See the five Lombardis (most of them giftwrapped to them?) out on the field?

And yeah, I know Atlanta goes to Foxboro next season, so I'm sure the schedule makers already got one game filled out.

Lol. I'm done with football for a few years so no.. they'll sweep the improving NFC south like it was nothing

15 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Lol. I'm done with football for a few years so no.. they'll sweep the improving NFC south like it was nothing

NO - a W (no D)

Carolina - W (if they play like this year our 2nd string beat them!)

TB - tough game could lose this one (can't remember if it is home or away)

Atlanta  - W (at home and opening night I see a beat down)

17 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

NO - a W (no D)

Carolina - W (if they play like this year our 2nd string beat them!)

TB - tough game could lose this one (can't remember if it is home or away)

Atlanta  - W (at home and opening night I see a beat down)

NO should be at home

Carolina in NE

TB at home

Altanta NE

16 hours ago, Jules said:

Nice to see you again! It's been a while. :hat:Glad to see you are still around and kicking. I am sure you guys are feeling pretty warm and fuzzy right now. lmao 

I'm still processing it all a little, lol... 

Good to see you too. Hope everything is A+ in your world. 

7 hours ago, GoPats said:

Everything is very good in my world. Thank you.

Also, enjoy the championship.......heck I would be if it was the Colts despite what anyone had to say about it or my team.

13 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

NO should be at home

Carolina in NE

TB at home

Altanta NE

The only NFC South team the Pats struggle with is the Saints. 

Bill B has said before that he is glad he doesn't play them twice a year. Last time we played them, we blew a 10 point lead at the end of the game in Foxboro and let them come back to win. Saints/Pats have oddly matched up well for years. We have close games with them, but unless we field an actual defense, I don't see us beating them. We might make it close but that's it. 

They'll whoop Atlanta, Carolina and Tampa Bay no problem. 

On January 23, 2017 at 4:39 AM, The Old Crow said:

They will get no accolades from me and like it !

The sarcasm in this post make me roar with laughter. Very funny! 

Okay, now that I've had a little time to accept reality, kudos to BB, Brady, Hightower, McDaniels, Patricia, & the entire Patriots organization. You made history. Just when I forget about Amendola, he levels the playing field again.

Enjoy your parade & all you're endorse deals NE players. Bostonians will cherish this milestone for a very long time now. 

On 07/02/2017 at 6:00 PM, GoPats said:

What Jules said. Good to see you are still around......! How does Belichick get inside the heads of the opposition play callers to choke like that? Lordy. Kudos for playing to the final whistle......

1 minute ago, braveheartcolt said:

What Jules said. Good to see you are still around......! How does Belichick get inside the heads of the opposition play callers to choke like that? Lordy. Kudos for playing to the final whistle......

Wallace! Yes I am upright my friend. Someone left the door unlocked and here I am. You guys gotta watch that. 

Is the missus still on the Dark Side? If so, give her a high five from a genuine obnoxious New Englander.

I honestly don't know what kind of evil mind tricks Belichick deploys. Usually, teams play it TOO close in those situations though. Unusual that both the Seahawks and Falcons went the other way. 

Just hit me... Seahawks... Falcons... Eagles... Panthers... Rams. 

And then the Giants.

We can only beat animal-mascoted teams.

17 minutes ago, GoPats said:

Wallace! Yes I am upright my friend. Someone left the door unlocked and here I am. You guys gotta watch that. 

Is the missus still on the Dark Side? If so, give her a high five from a genuine obnoxious New Englander.

I honestly don't know what kind of evil mind tricks Belichick deploys. Usually, teams play it TOO close in those situations though. Unusual that both the Seahawks and Falcons went the other way. 

Just hit me... Seahawks... Falcons... Eagles... Panthers... Rams. 

And then the Giants.

We can only beat animal-mascoted teams.

You beat the ponies but not the big bucking Broncos :)

I do however think Brady wasn't worn out by the end of the season thanks to Goodell's suspension, IMO, much like Peyton's time off during the season helped last year for the home stretch, whatever little he could squeeze out of his "breaking bad" body.

The Patriots fans should thus be thanking Goodell for the long term. :)

Now watch Belichick put Tom on PUP and dare the AFC.