Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC/NFC championship predictions

RockThatBlue

Patriots vs Steelers

Falcons vs Green Bay

These are tough to pick.

I'll go with

Patriots (I don't want them to win but I think they will unfortunately)

Falcons. Rodgers is playing great but Atlanta has a pretty solid defense and Ryans year has been a bit overshadowed.

I expect both to be close games though.

Steelers over Pats 23-20 - Bell will be the difference and I think the Steelers will get pressure on Brady throughout the game. They have been averaging 4 Sacks a game over the last half of the season.

Packers over Falcons 31-30 - Have to roll with Rodgers in a shootout. He is just playing on another level compared to everyone, Ryan has been Great but Rodgers hasn't lost a game in 2 months.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Steelers over Pats 23-20 - Bell will be the difference and I think the Steelers will get pressure on Brady throughout the game. They have been averaging 4 Sacks a game over the last half of the season.

Packers over Falcons 31-30 - Have to roll Rodgers in a shootout. He is just playing on another level compared to everyone, Ryan has been Great but Rodgers hasn't lost a game in 2 months.

These should be great games. Both might be shootouts IMO.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah 23-20 may be a little low for Pats/Steelers but I have a feeling the Steelers may try and control the clock with Bell.

Bell will have to go off for them to win IMO. If Bell gets 130+ yards (which hes capable of) they could win. Still feel like the Pats will be hard to beat.

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

Bell will have to go off for them to win IMO. If Bell gets 130+ yards (which hes capable of) I think they should win. I feel like he will go off which is why I think they win. 

Pats rarely lose in Foxboro but the Steelers have been rushing the passer much better lately and I cant see how the Pats can stop Bell or Brown. Steelers are also due to beat them in the Playoffs - that might not mean much but law of averages says Ben will beat Brady eventually in the Playoffs.

27-21 Pats

Just don't see them losing this one. Brady had a subpar game against the Texans and I don't see him having a second poor game in a row. If he is locked in I think they take this at home.

34-30 Falcons

Would love to see Rodgers advance, but I think in the end the GB defense is just too banged up. Rodgers will have to score almost every time on the field to keep up against the prolific Falcons offense, and I think the Falcons D won't stop him but they will slow him down more than the GB defense slows down Matt Ryan and their run game.

Pats rarely lose in Foxboro but the Steelers have been rushing the passer much better lately and I cant see how the Pats can stop Bell or Brown. Steelers are also due to beat them in the Playoffs - that might not mean much but law of averages says Ben will beat Brady eventually in the Playoffs.

In the post you quoted I accidently said the Steelers will win haha had to fix it.

They could win though and I hope they do.

It is pretty amazing that  Brady and Big Ben have only played once in the playoffs. And it was in Big Bens rookie year.

2 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

In the post you quoted I accidently said the Steelers will win haha had to fix it.

They could win though and I hope they do.

It is pretty amazing that  Brady and Big Ben have only played once in the playoffs. And it was in Big Bens rookie year.

Yeah Brady beat Ben in the Title Game back in 2004 and the Pats have owned them for the most part in the Regular Season, Ben is due.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah Brady beat Ben in the Title Game back in 2004 and the Pats have owned them for the most part in the Regular Season, Ben is due.

Lets hope it happens. I hate Pittsburgh too but if a gun was put to my head I'd root for Pittsburgh to win every time over the Pats. 

17 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Lets hope it happens. I hate Pittsburgh too but if a gun was put to my head I'd root for Pittsburgh to win every time over the Pats. 

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I really think they can win but it will be tough. If Brady has one of those flawless games then it could get ugly for the Steelers as well.

I can't stand either one of these teams. I definitely would like to see Pittsburgh win but I just don't think they can. I would bet the ranch NE doesn't play two straight horrible games at home. And I think the AB thing is gonna have more of an effect than we want it to. The other game, did you guys see that Jordy, Adams and Geronimo are all questionable? McCarthy even said that if this were a regular season game, they wouldn't play

Dude Aaron Rodgers is on another level right now.

Packers 38-31 Falcons

I really want to pick Pittsburgh here. REALLY do. But I just can't. The Patriots are too tough to beat at home. The only team I thought that had a shot at beating them in the playoffs was Seattle, and they're out.

Patriots 29-20 Steelers

3 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I can't stand either one of these teams. I definitely would like to see Pittsburgh win but I just don't think they can. I would bet the ranch NE doesn't play two straight horrible games at home. And I think the AB thing is gonna have more of an effect than we want it to. The other game, did you guys see that Jordy, Adams and Geronimo are all questionable? McCarthy even said that if this were a regular season game, they wouldn't play

Yeah Pittsburgh would be the 1 team if the Pats beat it wouldn't upset me that much. I cant stand either team, however I do think the Steelers have a decent chance of winning. They are the only team in the AFC capable of beating the Pats in a Title Game as of now. Brady didn't look sharp last week but they still played Great Defense and had a 98 Yard KO return for a TD, so not sure those 2 things will happen again.

6 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Dude Aaron Rodgers is on another level right now.

Packers 38-31 Falcons

I really want to pick Pittsburgh here. REALLY do. But I just can't. The Patriots are too tough to beat at home. The only team I thought that had a shot at beating them in the playoffs was Seattle, and they're out.

Patriots 29-20 Steelers

Rodgers is on a mission no doubt. Both games should be great.

Yeah Pittsburgh would be the 1 team if the Pats beat it wouldn't upset me that much. I cant stand either team, however I do think the Steelers have a decent chance of winning. They are the only team in the AFC capable of beating the Pats in a Title Game as of now. Brady didn't look sharp last week but they still played Great Defense and had a 98 Yard KO return for a TD, so not sure those 2 things will happen again.

Those two things probably won't happen again but Brady playing bad won't happen again either. That Pittsburgh defense is not very good so I expect Tom to shred them to bits

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

Those two things probably won't happen again but Brady playing bad won't happen again either. That Pittsburgh defense is not very good so I expect Tom to shred them to bits

It could happen, I don't put nothing past Tom but I am picking the Steelers in the upset. Not really out of hate for the Pats but I believe they can win otherwise I wouldn't pick them. So far I am 8-0 with my picks in the Playoffs and picked Denver last season to win the SB so I am on a roll, we will see if it continues.

It could happen, I don't put nothing past Tom but I am picking the Steelers in the upset. Not really out of hate for the Pats but I believe they can win otherwise I wouldn't pick them. So far I am 8-0 with my picks in the Playoffs and picked Denver last season to win the SB so I am on a roll, we will see if it continues.

Yeah I'm 5-3 so far but just 1-3 last week. So basically my predictions mean nothing

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

Yeah I'm 5-3 so far but just 1-3 last week. So basically my predictions mean nothing

Yeah but that could change, you may be right on both this week and I could be wrong LOL. Then my streak is history. It's a crapshoot picking these games every season in reality. There have been many of seasons where have been around .500 picking, lately though I have been on a roll. I like picking my SB Champion before the season starts - I have always done that, I did Post in here Denver last season and GB this season so it's at least on record but there have been many years when I picked Indy in the Peyton days and got burned. I picked the Pats a couple of times too = 2010 and 2011 and was wrong even with them.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah but that could change, you may be right on both this week and I could be wrong LOL. Then my streak is history. It's a crapshoot picking these games every season in reality. There have been many of seasons where have been around .500 picking, lately though I have been on a roll. I like picking my SB Champion before the season starts - I have always done that, I did Post in here Denver last season and GB this season so it's at least on record but there have been many years when I picked Indy in the Peyton days and got burned. I picked the Pats a couple of times too = 2010 and 2011 and was wrong even with them.

I didn't sign up until two weeks ago but had been reading this board for about four years. I do remember you picking Denver last year and you were dead on. You picked GB this year didn't you?

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

haha I hope you're right about the Steelers and wrong about the Pack.  I think the Falcons have a very good chance to beat the Packers if the game is officiated fairly. I am rooting for Keanu Neal who has turned out to be a good player after all, as your fellow Colts fan JPF had predicted.

Patriots 31 Steelers 28

Bell has may fantastic all year long and a force to be reckon with in the postseason, but the Patriots will still edge out a win.  Tom Brady is just too hard to defeat, especially when he's at home.  Still should be a close game and fun to watch.   

Packers 35 Falcons 31

Green Bay has the weaker defense and this will end up being a shootout, but Rodgers is the hottest QB right now and is most likely the best QB in the league.  I'm going with Green Bay but the Atlanta offense is more than capable of getting just as hot as Rodgers and winning this game.  

I have been 7-1 this playoffs predicting the games.. I'm embarrassed to say I picked the Giants to beat the Pack. With that said.. I cannot predict these games this Sunday. It's way too hard. I just hope the Steelers bring their offense to this game and Bell can do his hop-skip-jump-run for 6 yards all over the Patriots defense.

The Falcons vs Packers game seems like the Falcons will pull this one out more. Both potent offenses but I'll give the D nod to the Falcons.

I really don't care who wins the NFC game just as long as it's the healthier team just incase they have to play the Pats.

On 1/19/2017 at 4:10 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Purdue Boilermakers have a streak of 17 consecutive SBs where a Boilermaker has played.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/purdue/2016/02/06/purdue-super-bowl/79611308/

This Year, Patriots (Ninkovich) and Falcons (Ricardo Allen) have a Boilermaker on the squad, so one of them definitely makes the SB and your SB prediction of Steelers vs Packers is not happening, just a little fun fact :)

I been sticking with Pats/Pack all week so might as well stay with it now.

Honestly all 4 teams left are really capable of winning the SB. All 4 QBs left are great too.

I just have to stick with Packers and Patriots. Brady vs. Rodgers.

4 hours ago, Jules said:

I been sticking with Pats/Pack all week so might as well stay with it now.

Honestly all 4 teams left are really capable of winning the SB. All 4 QBs left are great too.

I just have to stick with Packers and Patriots. Brady vs. Rodgers.

All four QBs are great. Completely agree there. And like you, I'm going with Brady and Rodgers. These guys are the best in the game for a reason. We could have had that QB matchup in the SB 2 other times but GB couldn't handle their business. I think we get it this year

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 2:05 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah 23-20 may be a little low for Pats/Steelers but I have a feeling the Steelers may try and control the clock with Bell.

I'm not sure how the Pats close down on Bell and double cover Brown.

When Pittsburgh double teams your defensive linemen and LVB starting tip toeing through the line..

....if you're playing 5 defensive backs...they've got to come up fast

2 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

Pats/Steelers is impossible to pick.

Falcons/Packers I'd pick the Falcons if it weren't for the coaching thing. If the team doesn't respond to Shanny's exit it could be a cakewalk for the Packers who always get these types of breaks.

I picked the Falcons cause I've been so wrong so far but damn, I really want GB to win. If the Falcons go home, my weekend is a success. Shanahan's job hunting could be a distraction for them, but their defense is also horrible. Maybe Rodgers can light them up like he did the past few weeks. 

On 1/20/2017 at 9:32 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am tad worried about the Packers injuries + the media is now saying Rodgers has the flu but I am still rolling with them.

IF HE WINS, this can go down in history like the infamous flu game in the NBA. 

On 1/20/2017 at 8:07 PM, chad72 said:

Purdue Boilermakers have a streak of 17 consecutive SBs where a Boilermaker has played.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/purdue/2016/02/06/purdue-super-bowl/79611308/

This Year, Patriots (Ninkovich) and Falcons (Ricardo Allen) have a Boilermaker on the squad, so one of them definitely makes the SB and your SB prediction of Steelers vs Packers is not happening, just a little fun fact :)

That streak will end at some point.