• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

1. Shannahan (Mike)

2. Gruden

3. Saban 

4. McDaniels

In that order. McDaniels is a last option IMO. 

1. Game has passed him by.

2. Overrated. Also had a lot of prominent players from his TB SB team speak out against him after he left.

3. Never going to happen and I wouldn't want a coach whosee schemes rarely translate to the NFL coaching an NFL team, especially with his previous NFL stint.

4. The cancer that he was in Denver scares me. There's a HUGE difference between being an amazing OC and being a HC. Someone that inherits an 8-8 team, goes 8-8, then 3-9 before being fired is not someone that I believe is a top HC candidate.

1 minute ago, Shive said:

2. Overrated. Also had a lot of prominent players from his TB SB team speak out against him after he left.

3. Never going to happen and I wouldn't want a coach whosee schemes rarely translate to the NFL coaching an NFL team, especially with his previous NFL stint.

4. The cancer that he was in Denver scares me. There's a HUGE difference between being an amazing OC and being a HC. Someone that inherits an 8-8 team, goes 8-8, then 3-9 before being fired is not someone that I believe is a top HC candidate.

How has the game passed Shannahan by?  

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Flipping out in players doesn't make them have talent.

Nor is it productive. Yelling is what incompetent people in leadership positions do. Real leaders inspire and motivate their people, not by fear of reprimand, but in not wanting to let their leader down.

3 minutes ago, Shive said:

The patriots actually got worse when Belichick replaced Sneaky Pete.  Then Tom Brady happened.

1 minute ago, Shive said:

Nor is it productive. Yelling is what incompetent people in leadership positions do. Real leaders inspire and motivate their people, not by fear of reprimand, but in not wanting to let their leader down.

That's not true either

1 minute ago, BOTT said:

How has the game passed Shannahan by?  

His stint in Washington showed it. I'm not talking about the RG3 stuff, more so the poor adjustments and game planning. Kyle did a great job doing what he could with a talented, yet incompetent QB, but I don't think Mike would do much at this point in time.